####Gran Turismo 5 official thread/thoughts####

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news on the update to save during endurance races yet like? I've done a couple of the early ones, 2.5hrs in a decent car but i'm fucked if i'm doing 24hrs off the belt.

Any news on the update to save during endurance races yet like? I've done a couple of the early ones, 2.5hrs in a decent car but i'm fucked if i'm doing 24hrs off the belt.

All they have said is they are looking at implementing it but did but say when or indeed if they definitely are. Hope they do like and sooner rather than later

All they have said is they are looking at implementing it but did but say when or indeed if they definitely are. Hope they do like and sooner rather than later

Anar, i'm running out of stuff to do bar the long endurances. 93% completed. I've got F1 on A spec and Nascar on B spec to do then the odd special event but thats it.

Going back through the licences and specials to get all golds doesn't appeal to me like.

The latest update is over 300 meg but still no sign of being able to save endurance races part way through. Improved AI and also the ability to buy upgrades for your car when looking at it in your garage are the best parts to the new one. There is also bumper XP and cash to be won at present on the online and seasonal events. I think extra XP is being given out on single payer races as well

The latest update is over 300 meg but still no sign of being able to save endurance races part way through. Improved AI and also the ability to buy upgrades for your car when looking at it in your garage are the best parts to the new one. There is also bumper XP and cash to be won at present on the online and seasonal events. I think extra XP is being given out on single payer races as well

It's a canny update, but they've gave the ability to save during a championship, after each race, but not an endurance. They've got that the wrang way round like.

Still struggling with the GT F1 on a spec and the ferrari F1 Seasonal event like. Oh and that Sebastian Vettel Red Bull challenge is f***ing rock. I'll never give up trying though.

With the AI improvements do they now try to overtake you on the track, rather than the grass? Do they also become aware they you're on the road, rather than often acting as if your car doesn't exist?

With the AI improvements do they now try to overtake you on the track, rather than the grass? Do they also become aware they you're on the road, rather than often acting as if your car doesn't exist?

Watch them race eath other while following them, you can see them race each other unlike before.

It's a canny update, but they've gave the ability to save during a championship, after each race, but not an endurance. They've got that the wrang way round like.

Still struggling with the GT F1 on a spec and the ferrari F1 Seasonal event like. Oh and that Sebastian Vettel Red Bull challenge is f***ing rock. I'll never give up trying though.

The Formula GT championship is the only one I haven't done yet of those three. I should go back and do it.

Got it yesterday and tried it last night. Love the game but found the controls a bit fiddly with the joypad. Is this normal, or will just take a bit getting used to, or will I have to buy a Steering wheel?

Any advice on what to do first licenses or races. Going to have a good mess about on it later to see if I get the hang of it.

Got it yesterday and tried it last night. Love the game but found the controls a bit fiddly with the joypad. Is this normal, or will just take a bit getting used to, or will I have to buy a Steering wheel?

Any advice on what to do first licenses or races. Going to have a good mess about on it later to see if I get the hang of it.

steering wheels make the game a lot better i'm my opinion but controllers are canny enough. I always do the licenses first before anything else (i've got gold on all of them) but that's just me, just do it whatever way you like

i ve got 1600+ cars on the game (every car available) including every colour x2010's add me if you need a car for any championship races i will put them on my share list for you to use im on most nights after 7pm psn stevemiff71

You can adjust the sensitivity of the joypad controls in the pre-race settings and I've read that players re-map the controls so that brake and throttle are assigned to analogue buttons - helps keep control of 'twitchy' cars.

Use the licenses to win some of the cars you need as you progress through the levels, this site has details on the cars, events, prizes and more. You should find it quite useful.

Check out the Seasonal Events, which have big prizes and XP and better races imo.

Enjoy the game, it's an absolute blast.

On downloading the update at the moment. Three hours to do two updates and still four to go, FFS I hope the update is worth it :evil:

Have completed nearly all of the A Spec Beginner Races apart from the Classic Car Series and Japanese Classic, how do I unlock the car for these races, tried looking in a dealership (new & used) but couldn't see the car I need (I think it's pre79 and pre69).

Tell me which car u need will put it on my share list 4 u next time I'm on mate

To be honest wasn't sure what cars I needed had to google it :oops:

Looks like I need a Jaguar E-type Coupe '61 for the European Classic (couldn't see it in the dealership) but not sure which one I need for the Japanese Classic.

Looks like I need a Jaguar E-type Coupe '61 for the European Classic (couldn't see it in the dealership) but not sure which one I need for the Japanese Classic.

Pretty much any car can win either race as long as it's pre-dates the years it mentions, just mod the crap out of it until it's competitive. Alternatively I can hoy a couple of cars on my share list and you can add me as a friend so you can use them (smilerftm)

I see you didn't bother with that link I gave you. The website tells the 30 cars that qualify for the European Classic, which ones are standard (bought form UCD), which are premium (bought at anytime from Dealership) and those that can be won as a prize, the site even tells you which events they can be won.

I recommend you leave the European Classic until you win the Guilia Sprint GTA 1600 in the Festival Italia, Amateur Series. It's a great little car and not as much overkill as the E-tyoe which just destroys the opposition.

I see you didn't bother with that link I gave you. The website tells the 30 cars that qualify for the European Classic, which ones are standard (bought form UCD), which are premium (bought at anytime from Dealership) and those that can be won as a prize, the site even tells you which events they can be won.

I recommend you leave the European Classic until you win the Guilia Sprint GTA 1600 in the Festival Italia, Amateur Series. It's a great little car and not as much overkill as the E-tyoe which just destroys the opposition.

My apologies there I forgot you gave me that link until after I posted my query, never played racing games much so still trying to get used to choosing the right car etc, so wasn't sure if the cars that were listed were ones you had to buy.

Going to give it a shot again this afternoon and try follow the advice you've been giving me.

Out of curiosity has anybody actually managed to qualify on the Top Gear track with that bloody hippy van! Lost count how many attempts I have made at it, because I keep getting disqualified because some stupid twit forces me off the road or I end up going into the back of somebody :evil:

My apologies there I forgot you gave me that link until after I posted my query, never played racing games much so still trying to get used to choosing the right car etc, so wasn't sure if the cars that were listed were ones you had to buy.

Going to give it a shot again this afternoon and try follow the advice you've been giving me.

Out of curiosity has anybody actually managed to qualify on the Top Gear track with that bloody hippy van! Lost count how many attempts I have made at it, because I keep getting disqualified because some stupid twit forces me off the road or I end up going into the back of somebody :evil:

if you think thats hard wait until the next one - the elise on that is a fecking pain in the arse - took me ages to do it. :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back