####Gran Turismo 5 official thread/thoughts####

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just loased this up yesterday for the first time in months.

Still can't to the Formula GT series, its f***ing solid.

I mean if I tried again and again I could probably win every race eventually, but to win the championship you have to nail every 20 lap race every time!

I'll always spin off at least a couple of times in that bloody car.

Nascar Special - Expert Daytona 2 laps thingy. Finding this really hard and it's annoying the fuck out of me. I draft all the way, but they still always seem to pull away from me. Can't even get Bronze. Any advice?

Nascar Special - Expert Daytona 2 laps thingy. Finding this really hard and it's annoying the fuck out of me. I draft all the way, but they still always seem to pull away from me. Can't even get Bronze. Any advice?

Check all the driving aids are off. I think active steering (or something similar) is on by default for those Stock cars. It slows you down on corners, turn everything to off, except driving line if you use it, and you should be ok.

Tried that last night, i got through 10 games but it went off because PSN was down for maintenance. Will try again tonight :)

Did a couple of endurance races at the weekend, now I can barely move my leg.

They were just the two shortest ones too, god knows how I'm ever gonna do the 24 hour ones.

I've just got around to getting it anarl. Takes some updating like, 608meg download followed by a 301 meg download and 2 others about 100meg. Then it wants to install 8 gig of data on your system.

I wouldn't mind but i got the 600 meg one down then my connection keeps crashing well into the 300 meg one, so it restarts it. Tried it about 5 times now.

Abandoned the updating last night and got stuck into it. One day i will have that zonda, 3.6mil!!

Nurburgring is f***ing epic like. Love that course, even the lupo gti competition on professional is class.

Just bought one of these, i'm going to chuck it round it in the morning.

Logon or register to see this image

Nurburgring is f***ing epic like. Love that course, even the lupo gti competition on professional is class.

I thought that too then I did 4 hours of it in one go and now I'm not such a big fan. :lol:

I thought that too then I did 4 hours of it in one go and now I'm not such a big fan. :lol:

:lol: Endurance races like?

Can't remember me being a big fan of the endurance stuff on previous GT's like. My thumb was fucked last night as it is, though i have got a work injury in there anarl.

I'm going to build a BMW M3 GTS and try it out on the Ring. If it's turns out OK, I'll do the 4hr Nurbingring endurance with it.

:lol: Endurance races like?

Can't remember me being a big fan of the endurance stuff on previous GT's like. My thumb was fucked last night as it is, though i have got a work injury in there anarl.

Aye. I've done all the sorter endurances (Indy/Laguna/GVS) and thought I would give that a crack. Thought seeing as the ring is a long track it wouldn't be as tedious as doing lap after lap of the indy oval.

By about 3 and a half hours (even with breaks) I was just f***ing glazed over and smashing into every wall on the track. Should have seen the state of my car. :lol:

I'm going to build a BMW M3 GTS and try it out on the Ring. If it's turns out OK, I'll do the 4hr Nurbingring endurance with it.

I race modified a Lotus Elise and did it, was great fun in one of those little things although it was a bit too easy to win the race

Aye. I've done all the sorter endurances (Indy/Laguna/GVS) and thought I would give that a crack. Thought seeing as the ring is a long track it wouldn't be as tedious as doing lap after lap of the indy oval.

By about 3 and a half hours (even with breaks) I was just f***ing glazed over and smashing into every wall on the track. Should have seen the state of my car. :lol:

There was something released mentioning that they should be introducing an ability to save your endurance races when you are in one of them. I don't know if it was only for the longer endurance races such as the 2 24hr races and the 9 hour jobby but it would be good to see it put in. An ability to save it when you pit would be superb

And in another bit of news, fingers crossed that this means we will be getting some sort of downloadable content with new tracks galore

http://www.gtplanet.net/24-new-track-logos-discovered-on-gran-turismo-5-website/

It could also mean bugger all as well likes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back