Going for a walk

Went up High Cup Nick yesterday , what a great walk that is.

Started in Dufton, walked up past the mine shafts, turned right at the shooting hut, passed the Tarn, across the bridge over the little gorge and walked towards High Cup Nick head on, 10 mins at the top and a pork pie and we made our way down the right hand side and back to the car. Brilliant day!!!

Went up High Cup Nick yesterday , what a great walk that is.

Started in Dufton, walked up past the mine shafts, turned right at the shooting hut, passed the Tarn, across the bridge over the little gorge and walked towards High Cup Nick head on, 10 mins at the top and a pork pie and we made our way down the right hand side and back to the car. Brilliant day!!!
My 2nd favourite walk but I've never done it from Dufton . My daughter and I did it once from Cow Green to Dufton on one of the most perfect days ever .
The river is the lowest i have seen it at this time of year. We have hardly had any rain. A few days of rain and all will change though.
I've never seen it that low, ever even in the summer of '76 . I live up that way so have seen it plenty of times .

Last edited:
My 2nd favourite walk but I've never done it from Dufton . My daughter and I did it once from Cow Green to Dufton on one of the most perfect days ever .

I've never seen it that low, ever even in the summer of '76 . I live up that way so have seen it plenty of times .
Aye believe from your posts you are down the dale from me in my mother in laws village lol

Back