Going for a walk

Walk along the river at lunch, then along the beach before dinner...do about 3-4 miles a day..

Start a new job end of this month and moving to Worthing and I can walk to work (40mins each way)....petrol costs gone and I get to keep fit(ish) and will live about 10 mins walk from the beach.

I walk the dogs every day, usually 2 or 3 times daily. Always do one longer walk, usually between 3 to 5 miles. I also look after our 2 horses, so do a fair bit of walking looking after them.

Got round all 16 Wainwrights in the Martindale area today, little over 42km in a little over 11 hours!

Th
Canny wonder the day, mate had his dog but too far and warm for my pooch who’s 9 now, did 2.5 mile when I got back with him. Sunburnt to ferk:lol:

Logon or register to see this image
Thats a canny walk, I’ve done the bottom half a few times and that’s a decent trek.
Walked from cox green through the lambton estate and back the other day, really enjoyed it, never been round there before. Anyone know any good routes round that way?

Last edited:
Had a weekend of ridiculous alcohol consumption so going to get my arse out and do a good 10/12 mile tomorrow or Wednesday. Nowt better thank just going out for a random walk on your own - it eases the stressful pace of modern day life.
Nothing better at all.

Saved me from going absolutely insane during the lockdowns.

1-2 hour walk with one or a few of your favourite podcast episodes downloaded. Turn your data off so no messages popping up. Forget about work and other tedious things. Bliss.

Did a stretch of the Pennine Way last week, Hebden Bridge to Hawes, overnights in Halifax day before the walk, Haworth, Gargrave, Horton in Ribblesdale and Hawes. Feet were playing up, I suffer from heel spur, terrain was very bumpy and stony underneath, so was knocking back the Ibuprofen tablets and rubbing on the gel, a couple of lunchtime pints a third or halfway into the days walking was the best remedy, though not all the stretches had a pub on them.

Only got the last two stretches to do now, which I intend doing next month, Bellingham to Byrness and Byrness to Kirk Yetholm, which is a mammoth 27 mile last days walking.

Back