Going for a walk

Can anyone recommend any where for a couple of days this weekend? Suns out.

Was at lakes last week, so that type of vibe. In north east at min but can get train within a few hours

A bit of a lass this week in life so any recommendations be nice

Just wanna walk and hike the fuck out of some hills or whatever

I did greenburn round last week, and then stone Arthur, great rigg, heron pike and Nab Scar, which were both canny routes.

Never known bog like it doing greenburn round though, and that was after 7 days of good weather!
Some nice walks those and right on my doorstep when over there so will give them a go.

Was at lakes last week, so that type of vibe. In north east at min but can get train within a few hours

I haven’t been myself as the lakes is always our default destination but what about the Peak District?

Probably cheaper than the lakes as well.

Last edited:
Some nice walks those and right on my doorstep when over there so will give them a go.

I haven’t been myself as the lakes is always our default destination but what about the Peak District?

Probably cheaper than the lakes as well.

Yeah I was based out of Windermere too - the walk around Elterwater is decent, and not far from you, if you're after something a bit more flat one day.

The Wainstones is a decent little trek and is in the area (just barely inside the North Yorkshire Moors) . Here's a few pics from when I went about a year ago. Login • Instagram

Yeah I was based out of Windermere too - the walk around Elterwater is decent, and not far from you, if you're after something a bit more flat one day.
The only thing I struggle with are ridges. I can do the heights no bother but a bit of a pussy with sheer drops. There’s no way I could do striding or squirrel edge as an example. When I walk over the bridge on the way to the match, I practically walk on the road as I just have the vertigo giving the feeling of wanting to jump. Hence most of my lakes walks are on wide paths! Plus I always have the springer spaniel with me so need to factor that in when there’s bits of scrambling.

Last edited:
well i opted for the injection in december and it has helped.... for now.

in the meantime I now have a bunion on my other big toe.

i have seen a podiatrist via the nhs who are sending some orthotics.

stretches continue and i get physio once a week to get my calfs massaged.

walking continues not missed a day and approaching about 450 consecutive days now over 1 mile or more outdoor walk.

need to be careful but yorkshire 3 peaks in july will soon be here.

well i opted for the injection in december and it has helped.... for now.

in the meantime I now have a bunion on my other big toe.

i have seen a podiatrist via the nhs who are sending some orthotics.

stretches continue and i get physio once a week to get my calfs massaged.

walking continues not missed a day and approaching about 450 consecutive days now over 1 mile or more outdoor walk.

need to be careful but yorkshire 3 peaks in july will soon be here.
I remember telling you about my mam who was having hers sorted, they cut open the side of her foot, shaved it down and put screws i think. She’s proper layed up like, not allowed to walk on it for ages, all bandaged up for weeks and a moon boot to go with it.

I remember telling you about my mam who was having hers sorted, they cut open the side of her foot, shaved it down and put screws i think. She’s proper layed up like, not allowed to walk on it for ages, all bandaged up for weeks and a moon boot to go with it.

Yeah so far since I noticed it round November, it hasn't flared up often so I hope it remains that way for as long as possible as the surgery sounds painful

Keep me updated on how your Mam recovers

Yeah so far since I noticed it round November, it hasn't flared up often so I hope it remains that way for as long as possible as the surgery sounds painful

She was absolutely dreading the OP as they weren’t putting her to sleep just numbing her foot, was petrified. When we picked her up she said it wasn’t even that bad, apart from the first couple days she says no real trouble just a pain in the arse having to be idle nearly all day.

Out again today, cracking little view at the top of Carrock Fell.

Out again today, cracking little view at the top of Carrock Fell.
Cracking photos again!

Her recovery has gone 10x better than she expected and was told. Moon boot off and crutches gone she says she’s been out shopping the lot now. half the street have probably heard her when one of the dogs stands on her scar mind:lol::lol:

Back