Going for a walk

The diet is definitely the hard work, can walk for days but the urge to pig out when I get back is stronger than ever after a big walk.

Are you doing your walking as a way to lose some extra weight. I presumed you just really enjoyed walking

Are you doing your walking as a way to lose some extra weight. I presumed you just really enjoyed walking
I do really enjoy it, have been doing it since the weather turned crap and bike got put away. But have decided to take it abit more seriously this year as it seemed a bit of a waste doing all these walks and eating junk during. Makes me wonder how much weight I could of shifted if I’d of ate clean over the duration. I’m lucky to really enjoy something that’s this good for you I suppose

I do really enjoy it, have been doing it since the weather turned crap and bike got put away. But have decided to take it abit more seriously this year as it seemed a bit of a waste doing all these walks and eating junk during. Makes me wonder how much weight I could of shifted if I’d of ate clean over the duration. I’m lucky to really enjoy something that’s this good for you I suppose

Ok mate stick at it. I wish I had your outlook
And desire for walking but find it a chore.

However if it’s weight loss and diet I could share a couple of things that work, and it’s not hard to stick to and you can still have foods you like

Ok mate stick at it. I wish I had your outlook
And desire for walking but find it a chore.

However if it’s weight loss and diet I could share a couple of things that work, and it’s not hard to stick to and you can still have foods you like
Always happy to hear them mate.
Weather is absolutely minging this morning, treat myself to a steak later as it’s my birthday but will be washed down with water. Happy hunting folks

Always happy to hear them mate.
Weather is absolutely minging this morning, treat myself to a steak later as it’s my birthday but will be washed down with water. Happy hunting folks

When I was training and lifting weights I used to like many others rightly or wrongly, bulk during the off season (winter) and cut for the summer,

Some old timer who’d been training for many years simply said cut out white food and explained. Things that contain white ingredients. Bread, pasta, sugar, potato, and so on. He also said cut out red meats but you can have them in moderation, once a week, that kinda stuck with me and still does. Limit your carbs and replace with greens, it changed how I looked at food

You burn about 100 cals per mile walking, which is pretty good. I try and do 5 miles a day, which can really keep the weight off.

Any recommendations for walking boots...? Just always using my trainers and want to refrain from doing that to save them longer term. I walk plenty with the dog and with lockdowns etc there's little else to do than do a good walk... So suggestions for footwear recommended

Any recommendations for walking boots...? Just always using my trainers and want to refrain from doing that to save them longer term. I walk plenty with the dog and with lockdowns etc there's little else to do than do a good walk... So suggestions for footwear recommended
I have a pair of the below which aren't trendy but they were inexpensive, I've had them ages and they remain waterproof.

Lowa Tibet, fit like a glove, great ankle support, waterproof, warm, had this pair for five years, put lots of miles on them trekking on three different continents, great footwear.
Logon or register to see this image

Back