Going for a walk

Love a good walk. I like to get out somewhere proper like the North York Moors if I can but usually end up somewhere local. The Ryhope to Hart path is canny if it's a bit windy, though the same route down the coast is better on a nice day.

Been having bother with me leg over the last couple of years so not been out as much but went over the Waskerly Way the other day when it was snowing. That was canny.

We walk for an hour nearly every day. We usually walk along the prom half an hour each way, enjoy it but there’s so many people doing the same this time that we are regularly stopping to speak to folk we know. We did it last March and there was fewer people doing it then.
Only downside is the cyclists coming past you at lord knows what speed.

But how do you go about dragging your arse off the settee or are you a pretty motivated person in general
In a time where the highlights of your days are generally, trip to shops, going out to work (if you do), or getting out for a yomp about in the wind,rain,snow etc the latter is far and away the thing I look forward to most. Lucky enough to be in Narnia at the minute and did a nice five miles this morning, 2 hours killed and really enjoyed it. You discover more about he area you live or wherever you happen to be on foot.

I was staying on a philippine army base on bongao, I went off on my own on and climbed Mt Bongao, when I got back to the base the Pinoys were drawing their forefingers across their throats and laughing saying I was lucky I hadn't been kidnapped.
Was in kauswagan during Marawi troubles, I had two bodyguards just to go the atm. I use to train with them, getting up at 4.30am to do their routines, basically Philippines army work outs.

Not been able to walk far at all for the past 12 months because of a badly bruised femur but did an hour around Chester Moor nature reserve this morning he it was beautiful. Will suffer later but well worth it

Did roker, seaburn, Whitburn, cleadon then back nearly 14000 steps not sure how far but a nice walk out with the wife, really enjoyed it and loads of people about that must have had the same idea,
Download strava mate if you want to keep tabs on how far you go and where mate

Back