God doesn't exist - discuss

I think I bounded my postulation quite explicitly. Please frame your answers within the context and bounds of the question posed.

Thanks

PS. Have you ever been in a fishing tackle shop and noticed the phenomenon detailed earlier. That's possibly a bigger question than the existence of God.

I don't really have the vocabulary to word my thought process very well. I look at it like ai, once it becomes able to self learn, we couldn't possibly comprehend their intelligence as it would be so far beyond ours.

And then you have an all powerful being that knows everything, their intelligence would be so far beyond an ai's it would make the former comparison minute.

Having said that, an angry nuns comprehension of what god is or your comprehension of what thought is bares no weight in that god does or doesn't exist.

I don't really have the vocabulary to word my thought process very well. I look at it like ai, once it becomes able to self learn, we couldn't possibly comprehend their intelligence as it would be so far beyond ours.

And then you have an all powerful being that knows everything, their intelligence would be so far beyond an ai's it would make the former comparison minute.

Having said that, an angry nuns comprehension of what god is or your comprehension of what thought is bares no weight in that god does or doesn't exist.
You've nailed it son

aye, or niceonemarra as he posts as now. He got outed on the Attenborough thread.
lies - link?

edit found it and set him straight, I'm neither heeeed or mick666, I'm just me - I don't need an alter as I'm a good lad me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which it isn't.

If the universe is expanding, which it is, it must have an 'edge' - as it's expanding into something which, by definition, isn't currently the universe.

Nearly... The mass inside of the universe is expanding, this is often referred to as 'the universe' but isn't technically correct as universe by definition means everything (all space and time). Therefore as space is nothing, the nothing goes on for ever otherwise they would have to be something there for it not to be nothing. Either way, it goes on forever.

The mass we can see has an observable edge, but we can only see as far as time permits. Beyond that time they could be more events and mass we have yet to discover.

I think your argument that the existence of aliens is proven by using a mathematical polar tending to the inverse of infinity is fking outrageously incorrect. The universe, based on currently accepted theories is not in fact infinite.

However, I do accept that based on the fking wass number of stars and sh@t out there ... they are bound to exist.

PS. I'm sure some of the fishing tackle shop members of the SMB forum will groan but I have to point your to the Attenborough Dynasties thread page 8 onwards and you will see I am very much pre-disposed to believe your supposition that aliens do in fact exist.

Are you and that Dimsdale an item like?
See my post above, re infinite. It has to be infinite, it's impossible for either something or nothing not to be there.

What if God was one of us?
we'd probably jail or kill him

See my post above, re infinite. It has to be infinite, it's impossible for either something or nothing not to be there.

we'd probably jail or kill him

No mate ... I have to disagree but only because I've read sh@t loads of Scientific Americans and such. My S-level Physics ran out at calculating the pressure a 5w torch exerts on the back of your eye ball on a dark night from a distance of 5km. That was a c@nt of a question by the way but relatively straightforward once you thought it through.

The universe is not infinite. Beyond the edge of the expanding universe there is not even nothing. No space time in four dimensions plus the other 6 or 7 curled up ones and all that. There is no 5m beyond the edge of the universe. It's a bubble with literally not even nothing on the outside.

Well that's about the limit of my ability to regurgitate this shite. To be honest, we could just be inside a fk off big Petri dish.

Anyway ... what's everyone having for tea. I'm having Marksies corn beef fritters, Heinz baked beans and I think some skinny oven chips but I'll have to check in with God to see if she's changed her mind!

PS I disagree but don't say you are wrong.

No mate ... I have to disagree but only because I've read sh@t loads of Scientific Americans and such. My S-level Physics ran out at calculating the pressure a 5w torch exerts on the back of your eye ball on a dark night from a distance of 5km. That was a c@nt of a question by the way but relatively straightforward once you thought it through.

The universe is not infinite. Beyond the edge of the expanding universe there is not even nothing. No space time in four dimensions plus the other 6 or 7 curled up ones and all that. There is no 5m beyond the edge of the universe. It's a bubble with literally not even nothing on the outside.

Well that's about the limit of my ability to regurgitate this shite. To be honest, we could just be inside a fk off big Petri dish.

Anyway ... what's everyone having for tea. I'm having Marksies corn beef fritters, Heinz baked beans and I think some skinny oven chips but I'll have to check in with God to see if she's changed her mind!

PS I disagree but don't say you are wrong.
. Remember ... it's not just the mass of the universe that is expanding but the dimensions of space time themselves. Ultimately in an ever expanding universe all matter will be so separated at the quantum level that it will just be a cold grey soup with an infitesimally small energy density per cubic metre. Now ... time for tea.

Loads of cider. Might have a pizza later or a curry.
Nice ... god has bought some beer to listen to the match to as she is a big fan. Me not so much a fan of the game but I go along in case I get smitted to fk.

Hmmm ... I figure some might not be trying enough.

I have to admit, while I lay here off work with a smashed ass. This forum seems to remind me of most fishing tackle shops. You chaps know what I mean. The shop may well have 1000 customers from the infrequent summer Mackie bashed who pops in once a year for some daylights to the seasoned winter Cod angler who's out in all weathers and times of the year.

But there are always those three or four fking annoying c@nts who whenever you walk in, no matter what time of the day and whenever in the year ... they are there on the joe public side of the counter shooting the sh@t and looking you up and down like. You know e ones, usually fat bast@rds with it who haven't actually been fishing for 15yrs on account of being on disability or something.
Next time you go fishing drown in the lake

Back