GNR 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looked class mate. I only did my first event last weekend (tees pride 10k) and the crowds there were great and it was a real buzz running with spectators but this, obviously, looked like it's on a totally different level. Can't wait for next year.

Personally I love the start, hate the 12 miles after that & then the last 200m is unreal!

It looked class mate. I only did my first event last weekend (tees pride 10k) and the crowds there were great and it was a real buzz running with spectators but this, obviously, looked like it's on a totally different level. Can't wait for next year.
The crowds were fantastic, just had my position confirmed,I came 6,353th,watch out Mo I'm coming for you:D

Got round today in 2 hrs 10 min.
Last 3 miles were a right slog.
Weather played its part.
Well done all who got round and attempted to.
A fair few dropped out :(

Not bad mate!
Where did you find that out?
GNR website enter your surname and which race and it brings it up;)

Got round today in 2 hrs 10 min.
Last 3 miles were a right slog.
Weather played its part.
Well done all who got round and attempted to.
A fair few dropped out :(
Well done mate,it was bloody hot, the last 3 miles were horrendous,I saw a few people getting medical attention,hope they're okay.

I was in the under pass or tunnel. I'm sure the last few years as soon as the first runners set off they come down the central motorway from behind you.

Yeah t they usually flyover just after the elite athletes set off and just before the masses got going I thought.

Yeah t they usually flyover just after the elite athletes set off and just before the masses got going I thought.

Can't speak for pre-2013 but last year they flew over me just after I'd crossed the Tyne Bridge, so I think it's around 11am when they do it

Can't speak for pre-2013 but last year they flew over me just after I'd crossed the Tyne Bridge, so I think it's around 11am when they do it

Must be doing it later now. Think last one I did was 2012. Thought it was better when they did it at start

Finished in 2 hours 7 minutes. I was looking at under 2 hours but my calf decided to go on me at Whitemare Pool.

Pretty gutted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back