GNR 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got mine as well, starting in the white zone (G) for the first time. I'm usually a bit further back but I really struggled with the crowds last year.

I'm the last Orange Pack, put down i was aiming for 1 hour 50 but did the sunderland in 1 hour 42. Trainings been shot to bits, furthest I have done is 8 miles, went out to do 10 this morning and had to stop at 5, shooting pains up my legs into my back, kidneys.

I'm the last Orange Pack, put down i was aiming for 1 hour 50 but did the sunderland in 1 hour 42. Trainings been shot to bits, furthest I have done is 8 miles, went out to do 10 this morning and had to stop at 5, shooting pains up my legs into my back, kidneys.

same hear training shot to bits with 2 weeks away, 7 miles this morning and I was hanging out of my own ass by the end, 3 weeks to find 6 miles our I will struggle around this year

Last Orange section for me as well no idea what I put on my application, hopefully doesnt mean i go off to fast trying to keep up with people or even starting there will the first few miles be slow going with the crowds?

Last Orange section for me as well no idea what I put on my application, hopefully doesnt mean i go off to fast trying to keep up with people or even starting there will the first few miles be slow going with the crowds?

What sort of time you think you'll get? I've ran from orange and white before and never had too much of a problem with crowds tbh. I'm running under someone else's number this year and so I'm still not sure where I'll be, I'm just hoping it is not pink zone but I've got a feeling that I'll be the furthest back I've ever been. I'm not massively bothered but I'm planning on using the race as a training run for Keilder and want to push it as much a I can.

What sort of time you think you'll get? I've ran from orange and white before and never had too much of a problem with crowds tbh. I'm running under someone else's number this year and so I'm still not sure where I'll be, I'm just hoping it is not pink zone but I've got a feeling that I'll be the furthest back I've ever been. I'm not massively bothered but I'm planning on using the race as a training run for Keilder and want to push it as much a I can.
If you are starting from the green or pink and hoping for a clean run through the crowds forget it mate,it's a nightmare.

If you are starting from the green or pink and hoping for a clean run through the crowds forget it mate,it's a nightmare.

Aye that's what I was thinking. I'll survive if I'm not able to do a quick race, just see what happens.

Less than 2 hours.

Safe to say I won't be doing this years run at any great pace. Got my number through the post from the woman I bought it off, posted asking for spare number on internal works buliten board. Pink zone K, right at the very back. Wasn't planning on running for charity but might get a cheap fancy dress and try raise a few quid.

Safe to say I won't be doing this years run at any great pace. Got my number through the post from the woman I bought it off, posted asking for spare number on internal works buliten board. Pink zone K, right at the very back. Wasn't planning on running for charity but might get a cheap fancy dress and try raise a few quid.
Good idea mate,you wouldn't have broken any records from that far back;)

Good idea mate,you wouldn't have broken any records from that far back;)

Haha aye I know. I thought it's a good opportunity to do it for charity and get dressed up like a dafty. Other years I've never ran for charity, hard to ask people for money when I do 13 miles before breakfast regularly. At least doing it this way I'll still have a good race rather than being frustrated by the walkers.

Haha aye I know. I thought it's a good opportunity to do it for charity and get dressed up like a dafty. Other years I've never ran for charity, hard to ask people for money when I do 13 miles before breakfast regularly. At least doing it this way I'll still have a good race rather than being frustrated by the walkers.
Aye,just enjoy the day mate and hope you raise a lot for charity;)

Aye,just enjoy the day mate and hope you raise a lot for charity;)

Cheers mate.

Now I've got my number through and know that I'm gonna run for charity rather than "race" it I'm really looking forward to it. The bairns are both doing the mini run on the Saturday so all that's needed now is for some nice weather to make the weekend perfect. It'll be the 6th year I've done GNR and I've enjoyed them all but you can't beat having a nice rewarding pint the end in the South Shields sunshine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not doing it this year but I've got over 160 running for Kidscan.
Come say hello to us in the charity village at the end.
You may have a snack if you like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back