GNR 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

I look like a colossal gonk. I've got a maniacal grin on my face on most of them. Bib number 29304 if anyone wants the evidence. :lol:

Walking is a problem today,everything has tightenend up.
I have cankles....
*nod*
i had a game of footy last night
most end-to-end game of 6aside ive ever played - against the best side ive played against - i was in goal so really busy
feel genuinely like ive been hit by a truck today
got another match tonight aswell
on the plus side i treat myself last night and took a pair of scissors to my GNR blisters :lol: it was like milking a cow

I look like a colossal gonk. I've got a maniacal grin on my face on most of them. Bib number 29304 if anyone wants the evidence. :lol:
:lol: im fuckin GURNING on all mine

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done to all of you. Sounds like most of you had a good time as well :lol:

**Doffs cap to the charity raisers**

there was people laying all over the place mind ! when i finished some old dude in the finishing section walked past with a bandage round his heed covered in blood
so he must have gone over had it wrapped then finished
the git tough get

Think I read yesterday it was 952 people treated with 88 into ambulances which made me feel less of a twat being one of so many.

I was saying on Sunday that from all the runs I've done(6) that was definitely the most ambulances I've seen like and I've done it when it's been warm like that as well.

I was saying on Sunday that from all the runs I've done(6) that was definitely the most ambulances I've seen like and I've done it when it's been warm like that as well.

I think the problem was that the forecast was for it to be cold, when in reality ground temps would have been around 20 so suspect people hadn't hydrated themselves enough. I sweat like a pig at the best of times so spent the previous 2 days drinking gallons of water

seemed to be a lot of people running past the water/lucozade stops as well.

I think the problem was that the forecast was for it to be cold, when in reality ground temps would have been around 20 so suspect people hadn't hydrated themselves enough. I sweat like a pig at the best of times so spent the previous 2 days drinking gallons of water

seemed to be a lot of people running past the water/lucozade stops as well.

Forecast on previous days was 17 degrees which is still warm. Like you say tho people underestimate how much they can sweat and if you don't hydrate during race it could lead to trouble.

Forecast on previous days was 17 degrees which is still warm. Like you say tho people underestimate how much they can sweat and if you don't hydrate during race it could lead to trouble.

were they ? the ones i saw and on the BBC news etc.. which specifically focussed on the race said they were expecting about 13degrees at 11:00, raising to 16/17 at 1pm. It was way more than 13 when i started !

were they ? the ones i saw and on the BBC news etc.. which specifically focussed on the race said they were expecting about 13degrees at 11:00, raising to 16/17 at 1pm. It was way more than 13 when i started !

I thought I saw it as around 17 for 11pm, I might be wrong like. I went past the sign for half way and it said 13degrees, there was no chance it was that low like haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back