George Dobson

Status
Not open for further replies.

And he doesn't appear to be any better than Robson, power, mcgeough, leadbitter, onien and every other centre mid we have at the club.

The fans of a team who have just been relegated don't even rate him. Why does everyone think he's going to be better than the players I've just mentioned above?

Oh and cm is probably the last position we need players. We need some creativity and have done for the last 12 months
And you know this from YouTube

Quote from Echo:

Dobson, capable of playing as a defensive midfielder or in a more attacking box-to-box role, wore the captain’s armband at relegated Walsall last season.

Box to box? 2 goals in 82 games would suggest otherwise.

Not a clue. For all we know Ross sees something other than defensive midfield for him. Hopefully get a first look tomorrow.
The lad himself says he can also be a box to box player, I'm hoping we get 09 in their as well and bring some movement and running to the team, let someone else do the holding, unless Dobson sits and 09 and Embleton push on? We'll probably have Honeyman, Power and Leadbitter trying to out slow each other though :rolleyes:

The lad himself says he can also be a box to box player, I'm hoping we get 09 in their as well and bring some movement and running to the team, let someone else do the holding, unless Dobson sits and 09 and Embleton push on? We'll probably have Honeyman, Power and Leadbitter trying to out slow each other though :rolleyes:
Would spew if that was our starting midfield first game of the season.

Quote from Echo:

Dobson, capable of playing as a defensive midfielder or in a more attacking box-to-box role, wore the captain’s armband at relegated Walsall last season.

Box to box? 2 goals in 82 games would suggest otherwise.

You can be an effective box to box midfielder without contributing goals.

Surely a traditional box to box player is an all rounder who can defend and support attacks with equal measure - doesn’t necessarily result in assists.
Spot on marra ,the high energy and also in ya face type creates opportunities all over the place.We whether you loved or hated catts have lost a combative element in midfield ,by all accounts dobbo gives us this.

Well considering the end of season report on him had him getting a better rating than 11 other midfielders they had on their books, I might disagree. I might also add they rated his season better than Glenn Kamara who loads of people on here wanted us to buy

End Of Season Report Card - Blogs - The Dark Blues
D+ they give him there. Better than 11 other midfielders, but worse than 6. In one of the worst SPL sides in history.

Most Dundee fans I know reckon he went missing in games and was too lightweight. I’d probably cut him some slack though given that he effectively joined Scotland's equivalent of our 15 point season squad with a horrendous manager, and picked up an injury in his first game.

I did love this description of Roarie Deacon:
Roarie Deacon having the heart of a mouse and the toughness of a half chewed marshmallow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back