George Dobson

Quote from Echo:

Dobson, capable of playing as a defensive midfielder or in a more attacking box-to-box role, wore the captain’s armband at relegated Walsall last season.

Box to box? 2 goals in 82 games would suggest otherwise.
Played most as defensive midfielder last season because of injuries apparently.

Roy Keane played like that (albeit not for his full career) and he only has 33 assists in the Premier League.

Naturally, their streets apart in terms of ability but I still think a box to box contributes more than the stats tell you.
Yeah I see them as breaking up play then carrying the ball and draw in players before releasing then going on to keep the defenders busy thus creating space for others.

Admittedly it isn’t a great return, but I was just saying he can still be a good player for us.

Any signing is like that tbf. Hopefully he adds something we lack, although on the face of it it's difficult to see what. No goals at all last season but he did get 6 assists. He'd only got one assist in the previous two seasons so let's hope last season wasn't a one off. I'm not convinced he'll start the season tbf.

Hopefully with better players around him that will improve, we certainly need more goals from CM that's why I also want 09 in there, to get 5 from full back was excellent.
Think o9 will score a lot this season,he was a goal threat at rb .I am amazed how many fans say he isn't a rwb when he was often found in that position more than rb.I think mid 5 will be o9 dobbo grant emmbo hume .Iknow I know I know grant but check ages of other 4 we will need him in there with the young guns

Think o9 will score a lot this season,he was a goal threat at rb .I am amazed how many fans say he isn't a rwb when he was often found in that position more than rb.I think mid 5 will be o9 dobbo grant emmbo hume .Iknow I know I know grant but check ages of other 4 we will need him in there with the young guns
Unfortunately Honeyman will be in there, nowt against the lad at all but he just doesn't do enough for me, funnily enough @meeowdam was talking to 09 on his boat trip in Thailand and he really rates Honeyman as do most of the players, whatever he does he hides it well!

Last edited:
Any signing is like that tbf. Hopefully he adds something we lack, although on the face of it it's difficult to see what. No goals at all last season but he did get 6 assists. He'd only got one assist in the previous two seasons so let's hope last season wasn't a one off. I'm not convinced he'll start the season tbf.

We’ll just have to wait and see what he’s like. If he’s mobile he’s off to a good start, mind.

Unfortunately Honeyman will be in there, nowt against the lad at all but he just doesn't do enough for me, funnily enough @meeowdam was talking to 09 on his boat trip in Thailand and he really rates Honeyman as do most of the players, whatever he does he hides it well!

He's class in training iirc

He wont be available for a while knackered isn't he .So hopefully will have to fight for his place when fit.

I wish I’d seen enough of Dobson to be sure that would be the right call.
I think I’ll trust Ross to choose the best combination based on what he sees in training.
True but has been a target all summer apparently and is 6'1" and young so I assume mobile and energetic, I'm pretty sure he'll be a starter.

Back