Geordie copper racially abuses take away staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

how many times??
it's racist if you use it in a racist way
it's not if you don't
Simple.

I have to agree. I don't see much difference between p*** and the word, scot or aussie. Just a shortened version of their country of origin. Indeed, imo calling someone a scotch bastard is worse than the Pakistani equivalent because the word Scotch is much like the word Chink, used as an insult. A purposeful insulting derivation...a bit like like calling us Brits, Brats.

Besides. On my travels I've come across magazines called Pak News or similar in airports a few times. They call themselves Paks ffs. There's a site called historypak.com. Maybe we should just learn to shorten the word, P*** just one letter more?

That said I'm surprised she kept her job in a modern police force. If she arrests any British Pakistani person ever again that's going to be used against her in eveidence.

Last edited:
I have to agree. I don't see much difference between p*** and the word, scot or aussie. Just a shortened version of their country of origin. Indeed, imo calling someone a scotch bastard is worse than the Pakistani equivalent because the word Scotch is much like the word Chink, used as an insult. A purposeful insulting derivation...a bit like like calling us Brits, Brats.

Besides. On my travels I've come across magazines called Pak News or similar in airports a few times. They call themselves Paks ffs. There's a site called historypak.com. Maybe we should just learn to shorten the word, P*** just one letter more?

That said I'm surprised she kept her job in a modern police force. If she arrests any British Pakistani person ever again that's going to be used against her in eveidence.

‘Paki’ has been and continues to be used as a derogatory name for the Pakistani community in the UK.

I don’t know anyone who would say it at work or in a social setting.

‘Paki’ has been and continues to be used as a derogatory name for the Pakistani community in the UK.

Yep its a completely racist thing to say.

Yep its a completely racist thing to say.
The high court ruled that the word P*K* was racist about 15 years ago. A football fan joined in a chant against Oldham singing you are just a town full of........ He was acquitted at the magistrates court, but that was appealed, and he was referred back to the magistrates court for sentencing .

One law for the plod, and another for football fans, but we all knew that already didn't we.

I don't agree. Just say, 'Go 'round the Pak's and get us a bottle of milk will ya?' And no one is offended.

As long as they're Paks mind you. In my experience offense is taken beause stupid Brits don't know the difference between them and Hindus.

I don't agree. Just say, 'Go 'round the Pak's and get us a bottle of milk will ya?' And no one is offended.

As long as they're Paks mind you. In my experience offense is taken beause stupid Brits don't know the difference between them and Hindus.

If a copper uses the word Paki then it's a sackable offence. Use the phrase f***ing Pakis, as she did, then she should be done in court.

If a copper uses the word Paki then it's a sackable offence. Use the phrase f***ing Pakis, as she did, then she should be done in court.

And that is more or less what I said in my first post on this thread. In a modern police force I'm surprised that she still has her job. If she arrests anyone with Pakistani heritage in the future I'm assuming this will be brought up in evidence against her.

Ahsan, 15, says the P-word could be classed as racist if used by anyone else

A bit like the use of 'n***r' then. Only allowed to be used by Imran Khan and Quentin Tatantino.
Except one was a racial slur and one is used by the people themselves. I don't get that. If they put magazines in airports with 'Pak' in the title then they should expect the word to be used in common language. The word means 'pure'.

Last edited:

I don’t know if it’s a deliberate whoosh here.
And it looks like she’s not going to be arresting anyone now.

Eeeeeeee Imagine still saying go to the pakis
Or the Chinese.
It’s wrong and offensive so stop trying to justify it by saying ‘you don’t mean it that way’ or ‘it’s like calling someone a scot’ it’s not like calling some a scot because calling someone a scot is not offensive.
Or the Chinese.
It’s wrong and offensive so stop trying to justify it by saying ‘you don’t mean it that way’ or ‘it’s like calling someone a scot’ it’s not like calling some a scot because calling someone a scot is not offensive.
Even my phone won’t let me say Chinese

Last edited:
Or the Chinese.
Auto correct malfunction on your phone marra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back