Geordie copper racially abuses take away staff

It does seem daft that a shortened or altered country of origin can be called racist, i grew up with a paki shop on the corner and went to school with the paki kids, and had chink ies as take aways. I’m not even sure if 30 years ago it was classed as racist to be honest? I now don’t use the words, certainly not in open conversation mind.

So have these words always been racist or is it a recent thing, I genuinely don’t know.
how many times??
it's racist if you use it in a racist way
it's not if you don't
Simple.

Because it’s usually used to describe someone of a certain skin colour, therefore it’s racist.

There is a very high likelihood that the person or people it was aimed at wasn’t from Pakistan but it was used in a derogetary manner to describe their skin colour.

On the other hand, you’d never say all white people were brits, you’d only say it if you knew they were British and wouldn’t use the word Brit to describe someone’s skin colour.

Aye that's a fair distinction. So the word itself is not racist, it's the fact that anyone who looks a similar ethnicity gets called it regardless.

It does seem daft that a shortened or altered country of origin can be called racist, i grew up with a paki shop on the corner and went to school with the paki kids, and had chink ies as take aways. I’m not even sure if 30 years ago it was classed as racist to be honest? I now don’t use the words, certainly not in open conversation mind.

So have these words always been racist or is it a recent thing, I genuinely don’t know.

Are you a bit thick? Or have learning issues?

I haven’t read the rest of the thread to be honest, so if it’s explained that then I apologise.

If you’re being a clever dick I’ll kick your arse for being cheeky if we ever meet!

Oooh hard man eh? You couldn't knock out a wank fella.

If you're at this stage in this life thinking the way you do. Me explaining anything to you won't make a jot of difference. Just accept that you are a ignorant person at best and a closet racist at worst.

Oooh hard man eh? You couldn't knock out a wank fella.

If you're at this stage in this life thinking the way you do. Me explaining anything to you won't make a jot of difference. Just accept that you are a ignorant person at best and a closet racist at worst.

Oh, working from home I knock plenty of those out mate.

How old are you by the way, I think there may be a correlation between age and the use of the work paki as being racist, in the same way I would call an Australian citizen an Aussie for example back in the day when I was a kid I can’t remember the Pakistan lads I went to school with being offended by the word paki.

I do realise the increased racist usage of the word over recent years, but I stand by my original question and query whether it was classed as racist back in the 80’s when I was a lad.

Back