Geordie copper racially abuses take away staff

Obviously it's used in a racist way here. You'd have to be thick not to understand that.
If you use "f***ing" before it when you're pissed and angry you're evidently using the word it qualifies perjoritively.
Thus the suggestion is a "paki" is worthy of scorn.

if however you said someone was a "f***ing great bloke" it's different.
So maybe if you said someone was a "f***ing top paki" you could be seen to use it as praise worthy.

Anyway, she hardly seems someone to look up to. We need less drunken coppers stuffing junk food down their racist gobs

Devils Advocate here, but every nationality are inherently racist to other nationalities after a certain age. My brother, sister and I were best mates with a family named Cole who were of Jamaican decent. Two lasses and a lad

We only actually realised there was a difference when we were moved into a senior school and it was pointed out to us all, by others. To us they were just mates and to them we were just mates, I am still in touch with all three, my mates and their families. Served with George in the Military for years.

As kids, you just accept as it is. Society and it's mores forces changes and can cause divisions in areas where none existed previously. The problems in Society are all made by everyone knowing what is best for others and trying to enforce change on others.

Be this Religion, Politics, War, Famine, Pestilence, haves against have nots. Starvation etc etc. If I go abroad, which I have done for years living in various countries, then I obeyed the laws and rules of the country I was in. Here the mother of democracy (currently being shit on) the laws are changed to everyone's detriment, by an elitist establishment at the trough irrespective of colour or creed

The problems in this world are caused by it's biggest parasite the Homo Sapiens, the human race in all it's colours and creeds, on land, sea and air. We have lot's to change, but will not, our nature works against ourselves as a species.

Anyhow excuse the ramble, mellowed me a bit. Chus!

The headlines/thread title are quite deceiving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't single him out for being a "Geordie", racism in the police is a long, systemic and institutionalized problem nationwide.

I'd say it is a lot worse in the Met.

Interesting. I know that "paki" is racist, but I have no idea why it is any different from Brit or Scot.

Is "yank" racist?
Because it’s usually used to describe someone of a certain skin colour, therefore it’s racist.

There is a very high likelihood that the person or people it was aimed at wasn’t from Pakistan but it was used in a derogetary manner to describe their skin colour.

On the other hand, you’d never say all white people were brits, you’d only say it if you knew they were British and wouldn’t use the word Brit to describe someone’s skin colour.

Last edited:
So is calling someone from Scotland a Scot classed as racist too?
just wondering.
It does seem daft that a shortened or altered country of origin can be called racist, i grew up with a paki shop on the corner and went to school with the paki kids, and had chink ies as take aways. I’m not even sure if 30 years ago it was classed as racist to be honest? I now don’t use the words, certainly not in open conversation mind.

So have these words always been racist or is it a recent thing, I genuinely don’t know.

Back