Geads looks likey to sign up for next season

Couldn't be much lower than 24th mind...

As I said yesterday, our League 1 PPG is better without him, so the argument that we'd have finished lower without him doesn't hold water.

I still find it interesting that Peterborough went up comfortably once their super duper stat man left...
I think we all tend to use the stats that suit our argument. The reason Peterborough went up and not us is probably because they had good midfielders who scored and a really good keeper (or replacement keeper). They spread their goals about. McGeady was not the reason we didn't go up - for me it was our awful central midfielders and goal keepers who made regular unforced errors. If all our players had done our jobs as well as McGeady we would have been champions. Look at Peterborough and Hull and they spread their goals about as well as having a really good top scorer. We had Wyke and that was it.

Possibly aye.

The fact his family are settled here coupled with his age plays a factor too.

He probably suspects he has 1 full season left, so moving his family for the sake of 12 months might not be worthwhile for him.
He got asked to help Open Goal podcast out but he said he can’t because he’s back down here and can’t get back up.

The issue was with the one game trigger it would have been on a very high wage, so they wanted to bring that down

It’s got nowt to do with loyalty like he’s built a massive house at the ramside he’s not going to want to move away
Its got nothing to do with loyalty?

He already took a wage cut to stay a couple of year back

He waived an automatic contract extension to play in the playoffs and if he signs sounds like its on reduced terms

Played on with a broken foot

This is after the way he was treated.

Its got nothing to do with loyalty?

He already took a wage cut to stay a couple of year back

He waived an automatic contract extension to play in the playoffs and if he signs sounds like its on reduced terms

Played on with a broken foot

This is after the way he was treated.
Mate where is he going to play for a club like us at this stage of his career

I think we all tend to use the stats that suit our argument. The reason Peterborough went up and not us is probably because they had good midfielders who scored and a really good keeper (or replacement keeper). They spread their goals about. McGeady was not the reason we didn't go up - for me it was our awful central midfielders and goal keepers who made regular unforced errors. If all our players had done our jobs as well as McGeady we would have been champions. Look at Peterborough and Hull and they spread their goals about as well as having a really good top scorer. We had Wyke and that was it.
While i agree burge is not that good, he is not the reason we didnt go up. We conceded the 3rd least goals yet finished 4th, conceding less than a goal a game. Problem was we were inconsistent with goals scored.

I tell you what for someone who has a reputation as abit of a twat, his loyalty, pride and commitment to play for this club has never come in question. Not many players show the same loyalty these days. Especially when a previous manager bombed him out.
He’s not loyal he’s following the numbers of £s we pay him
Footballers chase the buck, anyone thinking that loyalty is an attribute these days is deluded.
Hope he stays mind but we have to pay what he will get elsewhere or more, not loyalty points.

we know he cant...he couldnt last time he was there and he is much older now..reality is his only otheroptions were scottish clubs who are all even more skint than league one clubs
We dont know he cant. He last played there a year ago only played 10 games, he didnt want to leave was basically forced out by that clueless manager we had

I think he could still play championship level and thats mu opinion

We dont know he cant. He last played there a year ago only played 10 games, he didnt want to leave was basically forced out by that clueless manager we had

I think he could still play championship level and thats mu opinion
we do know he cant...he went there and failed...he failed under lee bowyer who is not a clueless manager..he didnt fail there because of parkinson..

champo clubs have been able to buy mcgeady for years and have all chosen not to..even when he was leaving everton..there was no stampede of champo clubs wanting him..he couldnt make the sheffield wednesday team that got to the play offs by the end.

as for loyalty..he is a scotsman who chose toplay for ireland because the irish team was better then..some loyalty! must be regretting that now

we do know he cant...he went there and failed...he failed under lee bowyer who is not a clueless manager..he didnt fail there because of parkinson..

champo clubs have been able to buy mcgeady for years and have all chosen not to..even when he was leaving everton..there was no stampede of champo clubs wanting him..he couldnt make the sheffield wednesday team that got to the play offs by the end.

as for loyalty..he is a scotsman who chose toplay for ireland because the irish team was better then..some loyalty! must be regretting that now
Why bring up the sheff wed loan when he had a highly successful one at preston after that? Their fans were gutted they couldnt afford him.

Also is that always how it works because he didnt have a successful loan last time there? We’ve had plenty of players ourselves that have been dreadful and somehow went on to play at a higher level

Why bring up the sheff wed loan when he had a highly successful one at preston after that? Their fans were gutted they couldnt afford him.

Also is that always how it works because he didnt have a successful loan last time there? We’ve had plenty of players ourselves that have been dreadful and somehow went on to play at a higher level
im demonstrating that, having one good loan and two bad ones indicates he cant easily play at the higher level, it indicates he is hit and miss at that level, and thats when he was younger..
and his failed loan at charlton is illustrative because they had a pretty competent manager..not the clowns we have employed

Back