Gareth Bale at Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

The biggest source of happiness/ contentment in life is purpose not money - he is sacrificing this for money (when he’s already got more than he needs) during his prime. Wasting his life and talent - he will regret this in time.

It’s obvious Zidane doesn’t rate him and it’s been reported today Bale will see out the remaining 2 years of his contract. The guy is worth millions and millions, would you not want to spend a couple of the last two years of your footballing life actually playing. He may not get the £600K a week but if you (and generations of your family) were set for life, would you not just press for a move to a top European club (no disrespect but not China) and prove you still have it. His banner said (I think) Wales-Golf-Madrid, it should say Money-Money-Money.
The man s a twat

Tricky one because he’s delivered big time for them in major finals, and from the outside they’ve treated him like shite,
I’d personally want to play and leave but there must be a part of bale that wants to say they can kiss my arse unless they pay me every penny

Hes not arsed about footy and has a golf course outside his house. Highly doubt he gives a shit

may regret it in 20 year like

How many Champions League medals does he have? Four? He'll be alright, I suspect.
Joining the mags IIRC

William Storey has cut a deal to BHH.
The biggest source of happiness/ contentment in life is purpose not money - he is sacrificing this for money (when he’s already got more than he needs) during his prime. Wasting his life and talent - he will regret this in time.

It's a revenge thing. He thinks Zidane treated him like shit and will still have one more move in him by time he runs them down for every last penny. So he has to spent eighteen months being paid £500k a week to play golf and playing for Wales? Not the worst life.

Oh, and he's won the lot in Spain already, so.

Last edited:
Bale was probably at an academy since he was 5, and is likely bored with football ( I know an academy u13 who is simply bored of the whole process). I think the only thing that would excite him is the Euro's or World Cup with Wales.

I have zero sympathy for RM or Utd (think Sanchez). They dont seem to do “what if analysis”. Zidane was a fantastic player, but I think he is a tosser. I’d stay just to spite him, so that when he wants that next superstar he is told no.....because of Bales wages.

Lots of people saying “fair play to him” when I’d guess they didn’t say that about Rodwell.

Suppose he’s done a bit more for RM and they aren’t short of cash. Still don’t think you can expect their fans to just shrug their shoulders about it though.

100% this. If Real want rid so much, they should offer to pay up his contract
Just offer him half and let him go for free. It's their fault 600k a week contract and when he was off to China turning round and wanting a fee🤔 that was just greed. That alone has cost them £30million in wages they have paid him in wages for basically doing fcuk all since the deal collapsed.

I can’t understand the bloke, hardly plays but not willing to move on. Pure greed in my eyes, how much money does he need. Saying that it was a ridiculous contract he was given by Madrid.

:lol: Yeah because you’d take a huge wage cut and a move to a shitter area if you were in his position

The man has achieved more than most footballers, is getting a tremendous wage and living the dream life. None of us would do any different.

:lol: Yeah because you’d take a huge wage cut and a move to a shitter area if you were in his position

The man has achieved more than most footballers, is getting a tremendous wage and living the dream life. None of us would do any different.
If the guy is on £600k a week as has been stated that’s £31m a year. I don’t think he’s going to run out.

If he’s happy to sit on the contract and not play it’s up to him. I’m sure he could get a decent contract elsewhere.

If the guy is on £600k a week as has been stated that’s £31m a year. I don’t think he’s going to run out.

If he’s happy to sit on the contract and not play it’s up to him. I’m sure he could get a decent contract elsewhere.

Why would he not just sit and earn another 62 million then? Hardly going to jump at the chance of earning half the money somewhere else when he can essentially sit on his arse earning a fortune. No one (other than the Chinese) are going to pay him anywhere near that amount in the current climate.

Depends on if he likes playing football.If he doesn't it will all be about the money.
It's a strange thing but some players don't enjoy it.
I used to work with Ray Hankin and he had a good career . Played in the First Division and for England under 21 and under 23 teams.
I once said to him it must have been great being a footballer. He said it was the greatest job ever when he was at Burnley playing with his mates that he had come through the youth teams with.
The day after he was transferred from Burnley it was just another job. Stopped enjoying going in for training , didnt have real friends at his new club (Dirty Leeds) didn't like the way he was used as a player and used to find it boring. He said he hated getting up in the morni g knowing he had to go to work. He reckoned there were loads of players who felt the same.

The sad thing is, people don’t learn when it comes to Madrid. For stability on the pitch they’re the worst top team to play for, chopping changing managers and players all for the franchise. It’s crap we missed out on his prime, cause the year he left the Prem, he was one of the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back