Gareth Bale at Real Madrid

The biggest source of happiness/ contentment in life is purpose not money - he is sacrificing this for money (when he’s already got more than he needs) during his prime. Wasting his life and talent - he will regret this in time.

Maybe his purpose is to play golf for two years whilst picking up £65m.

I'm not sure I'd regret that in time. He loves his gold and there's no pressure on him whilst playing. Nobody booing him when he walks down the fairway.

Yup, I know what I would do.

I thought that he wanted to move a couple of times but Real blocked it / didn't accept the fee?

aye all agreed and ready to move then Madrid changed the goal posts wanting a fee

Zidane has been a twat man and has changed the narrative to Bale being a twat the lad has been completely professional up to the point Where the club the manager and the fans have shafted him

now he’s taking there money while heading to a scratch handicap in the sun and being a god for Wales

The way he’s been treated by the club, their fans and the press I’d be tempted to take the piss and sit it out. I don’t know how Zidane doesn’t rate him, he’s still a fantastic footballer. Even after scoring what was one of the greatest goals in champions league finals they still treated him like shit.
Because he really isn't. Zizou knas.

Ex Spurs so you won’t like him but he is a tremendous player on his day. Been treated like shite over there.

Watched the Anelka docu on Netflix yesterday. Some striking similarities.
Welsh. Looks like a monkey. Isn't very good.

That's why I don't like him. I won't even play him on PES.

All comes down to how much you like football, there are some players who don’t really like the game, don’t live and breathe it like most of them. The small few just see it as a job and when they retire walk away and don’t bother with it again.
If Bale is one of the few that aren’t in love with the game and just see it as a job then why wouldn’t he just sit on his arse and collect the money.

Because most of us on here are fans we Would probably chose the other option and leave to play football.

I don't think they're comparable at all. Bale has been fucked around by the club for a few years now.

He's still in the prime of his career age wise, why on earth should he let Madrid off the hook here? They're the ones who offered the contract and they're the ones acting like a child again. He should stand his ground and they can take the hit if they really want him away.
Get what you're saying but at 31 he doesn't have that long left at the very top. Spent the best part of the last 2 years on the bench and looks content to spend the next 2 doing the same. I get it's Madrids fault. Personally I'd rather be playing week in week out.

I'm the first to defend footballers eyebrows clubs try and shaft them but in not sure he's as innocent as he's made out to be.

Iirc the problems between him and Zidane started because he'd been injured most of the season when Zidane took over. Zidane changed the formation to get the best out of Isco and Ronaldo and they went on a brilliant run to win the league and Bale didn't fit in the new system when fit so was told he could leave.

Think there's a perception that he's barely made any effort for Real since then and had had lots of injuries but always kept himself fit for Wales which pissed the club off. And he's fanned the flames with the 'Wales, golf, Madrid' banner, pretending to be asleep on the bench, yawning and playing I-Spy during games. Bearing in mind he's been there 7 years and has made no effort to integrate with his team mates (I get the late night thing but he spends most of his time playing golf and remember the stories from Reidy's time and the importance of team spirit).

Real said he could go to China for free last summer then pulled out when they realised they could probably get a fee for him. He's now saying few categorically won't leave and will see out the last 2 years of his contract even if another top club comes in for him.

No doubt he's been treated poorly but he's no innocent victim and no doubt we'd be pissed off if a player behaved the way he did. He's behaved far worse than Ozil for example but he gets a load of shit.

It’s on a mentally different level. As far as I can tell, Bale has always been available to play and never hidden from the ball.
I've taken the piss a little bit on this thread so far, but didn't a lot of these troubles start when the Spanish media picked up on him spending a little too much time on the golf course when he was supposed to be injured?

Back