Gareth Bale at Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some good responses, personally (but I've only played Sunday morning footie) I would want to play football and go somewhere else to prove to Zidane and the Madrid fans what they are missing. Personally I think Bale is a fab footballer on his day and he would walk into most top European teams, I also like Madrid so would like to see it resolved for both sides. Just think its a waste of footballing talent.
Self respect would make me move on. Same as if I was in rodwells position with us. Couldn’t just sit there and take the money.

Some good responses, personally (but I've only played Sunday morning footie) I would want to play football and go somewhere else to prove to Zidane and the Madrid fans what they are missing. Personally I think Bale is a fab footballer on his day and he would walk into most top European teams, I also like Madrid so would like to see it resolved for both sides. Just think its a waste of footballing talent.

He's wasting his talent on 600k a week though. All he needs is to be marginally more intelligent than Trump and his family are set for generations.

O
This. He's been treated very poorly - they've never really taken to him, even when he was scoring ridiculous goals to win them Champions Leagues....
On the flipside, there are lots of reports he hasn't ever tried to integrate in to the team or the Spanish culture. Doesn't really speak the language and is first out the door after training etc

Four champions leagues, numerous league titles and a number of title winning worldies when it comes to goals. He’s accomplished it all and has nothing to prove.

O

On the flipside, there are lots of reports he hasn't ever tried to integrate in to the team or the Spanish culture. Doesn't really speak the language and is first out the door after training etc

That's the bit I find odd. For someone who has spent years in Spain, he's mostly been a golf playing ex-pat.

He refused to go with meals with the team
Refused Spanish lessons
Refused voluntary team bonding sessions, one of them was on the golf course.
But never rufused the money

He's not well liked or put himself in a good light here in Spain.
It’s not uncommon for footballers not to learn the language to be fair. Aguero apparently barely speaks English.

The meal thing he argued that it’s because they eat late and he prefers to sleep to recover, he has a point as an athlete!

He could be a regular elsewhere. Not bothered is he?
Probably not but why give up that much money?
O

There's also reports that Zidane has said that Bale is fluent in Spanish.

That's the bit I find odd. For someone who has spent years in Spain, he's mostly been a golf playing ex-pat.
Plenty of brits do that. I have Spanish family and get over there most years. The number of people I meet who live out there and don't speak a word always surprises me

Probably not but why give up that much money?

There's also reports that Zidane has said that Bale is fluent in Spanish.
I think the fact he never speaks in in public, or at least to the press has given him a bad rep over there ( in the media at least)

Plenty of brits do that. I have Spanish family and get over there most years. The number of people I meet who live out there and don't speak a word always surprises me

I know that. There are big expat communities who live as if they are in Britain but with Spanish weather.

He'll probably move but his wages (unless he takes a fairly big pay cut) make him practically un-buyable now he's obviously playing hard ball with Madrid and giving them a dose of their own medicine

I’d prefer to play myself, but i think he and family are settled in madrid

if zidane hadn’t acted like such a twat, I think he would have walked mind, he’s almost doing it to spite them now

Think his agent has pretty much said that this is exactly what he's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back