Gareth Bale at Real Madrid

It’s obvious Zidane doesn’t rate him and it’s been reported today Bale will see out the remaining 2 years of his contract. The guy is worth millions and millions, would you not want to spend a couple of the last two years of your footballing life actually playing. He may not get the £600K a week but if you (and generations of your family) were set for life, would you not just press for a move to a top European club (no disrespect but not China) and prove you still have it. His banner said (I think) Wales-Golf-Madrid, it should say Money-Money-Money.

It’s obvious Zidane doesn’t rate him and it’s been reported today Bale will see out the remaining 2 years of his contract. The guy is worth millions and millions, would you not want to spend a couple of the last two years of your footballing life actually playing. He may not get the £600K a week but if you (and generations of your family) were set for life, would you not just press for a move to a top European club (no disrespect but not China) and prove you still have it. His banner said (I think) Wales-Golf-Madrid, it should say Money-Money-Money.
I can’t understand the bloke, hardly plays but not willing to move on. Pure greed in my eyes, how much money does he need. Saying that it was a ridiculous contract he was given by Madrid.

I suspect the "seeing out his contract" thing is just a bit of gaming the Real board to keep their asking price reasonable & it's fairly common for the selling club to pay the difference if the player can't get a similar offer at another club & they want him off the books.

The sad thing is that he’s done some good things for Madrid. The overhead in the CL final for example but he’ll not be remembered for those things. Wasted his talent in my opinion. Partly due to managers decisions and injuries but some of that has got to come down to personal greed as well

4 Champions Leagues
2 La Liga
2 Super Cups
3 World Club Cups

Je ne regrette rien
On that front he wont but realistically if he continues like this he was retired at 29

Hes too good to sit wasting his last few year

When i was at madrid psg game in november 70% of the ground booed him when he came on

On that front he wont but realistically if he continues like this he was retired at 29

Hes too good to sit wasting his last few year

When i was at madrid psg game in november 70% of the ground booed him when he came on
So many players end their careers barely able to walk or with permanent physical impairments. I'm sure I read that Roy Keane needs a hip replacement (or has he already had one?)
Bale will walk away, fit as a lop and richer that a king

I know what you are saying though

Some good responses, personally (but I've only played Sunday morning footie) I would want to play football and go somewhere else to prove to Zidane and the Madrid fans what they are missing. Personally I think Bale is a fab footballer on his day and he would walk into most top European teams, I also like Madrid so would like to see it resolved for both sides. Just think its a waste of footballing talent.

Back