Game of Thrones season 8

I don't think it's ever been explicitly said in the show that you need to be a Targ to ride a dragon. More of a book theory iirc?
David Benioff, one of the showrunners, said in an “Inside the Episode”segment that “only Targaryens” can ride, which is a departure from the books and the show’s own history-and-lore segments. This could be a retroactive continuity change, or more likely, Benioff meant in the present show story line, since right before that he said, “No one’s ever ridden a dragon except for Dany,” and that doesn’t cancel out her ancestors. Still, the idea that dragon-riding is proof of a Targaryen bloodline persists, and how that plays out in “Game of Thrones” remains to be seen.

Thor'd directly from here

David Benioff, one of the showrunners, said in an “Inside the Episode”segment that “only Targaryens” can ride, which is a departure from the books and the show’s own history-and-lore segments. This could be a retroactive continuity change, or more likely, Benioff meant in the present show story line, since right before that he said, “No one’s ever ridden a dragon except for Dany,” and that doesn’t cancel out her ancestors. Still, the idea that dragon-riding is proof of a Targaryen bloodline persists, and how that plays out in “Game of Thrones” remains to be seen.

Thor'd directly from here
But passengers are OK right, as long as Dany is driving, cos she picked up a few from their abortive sojourn north of the wall in the last series!

In the script which was leaked it confirms he dies I think.
Just because he was actually dead, doesn't mean he still is...... Jon Snow was dead.

The books were f***ing rubbish like and definitely not worth the effort.
Had the audiobooks in the car. They sent me to sleep. Literally. had to stop as I nearly had a bad crash.
They were really f***ing boring.

Last edited:

Back