Game of Thrones season 8

Sky Atlantic had a behind the scene hour and a half documentary from the last season. From start to finish from the extras, location manager, head of snow, costume design. The things I pointed out were the things I liked.
Thanks for the heads up, I enjoyed that.

It was a bit like Sunderland ‘Til I Die in that it concerntrated and focused on the characters behind the scenes rather than the headline names. The sheer scale and logistics of it all is mind boggling.

Just watched The Long Night episode again. What an incredible piece of television that was. Shame they couldn't have just ended it there.

Just watched The Long Night episode again. What an incredible piece of television that was. Shame they couldn't have just ended it there.

Think I'll revisit the last series sometime this year and see if it's as bad as I felt at the time. Think it was a let down and the anticipation meant the last series would always struggle to meet expectations. It's still probably good.

Still annoyed now at the decision to rush the last 2 seasons. 6 seasons done properly, then for unknown reasons they to 8 episodes, then 6 was it?
Why the rush? Do it properly ffs, it was the biggest TV show of the decade, and they ruined it.
Made worse because the reason it was rushed was so Benoiff and Weiss could do Star Wars but then they dropped out of that.

You have to wonder how satisfying the last season would have been given the egregious and ridiculous denouements they arrived at, apparently in conjunction with George RR Martin's intended ending to the novels.

Still jarring and stupid just fleshed out a little more.

I thought it was terrible. Charging with cavalry first which tactically made no sense, flying around on dragons not doing much. Then there was the lighting...I know it’s called the long night but I pretty much couldn’t see what was happening a lot of the time. Complete let down.

Back