Game of Thrones season 8

Logic and reason more than likely kicked in and a civil war broke out as people would definitely rebel against Bran Stark being king. Thousands of years of tradition don't simply go away because some midget prisoner said they should.

The Unsullied wouldn't give a fuck about the knights watch and likely wouldn't have even taken Jon prisoner, they'd have just killed him. Good luck starting their own house too when they don't have cocks to make house members.

The Dothraki also magically vanished too.

Like I said earlier it was a bizarre ending for the entire series.

Daenarys has settled in at Dragonstone Castle on the island of Dragonstone which lies in the Narrow Sea between Westeros and Essos. The island controls the Blackwater Bay approach to King's Landing. She's sitting pretty with an army of the Unsullied infantry, Dothraki cavalry and three dragons. Dragonstone also has extensive dragonglass that can be mined and kills the Army of the Dead including the White Walkers and the Night King.

Then along comes Jon Snow, the King of the North. Personally I would have been wary of someone that looks as though they are about to burst into tears most of the time but maybe that impressed her. He needs her help. All life on Westeros is fucked. The Army of the Dead are marching south and Winterfell will be their next port of call before King's Landing. He needs Daenarys, her army, her dragons and dragonglass. Now the Army of the Dead can't swim but rather than doing a Cersei she agrees to help and provides the manpower to mine the dragonglass.

To convince Cersei that the danger is real she agrees to travel north with Jon so he can go beyond the wall and capture one of the Army of the Dead. Jon and his little band get into some serious trouble though and are surrounded on an island by 100.000 of the Dead where the ice is beginning to crack but in the cold starts to hold the weight of the Dead as they close the net and reach them. Daenarys comes to the rescue but loses a dragon, a big price to pay as it can be turned against them by the Night King.

Still she marches to Winterfell with her army and dragons and in the battle is almost killed except for the brave sacrifice of her father figure and adviser Sir Jorah. Arya gets the chance to kill the Night King and all those living in Westeros are saved from the Dead. Meanwhile Cersei stayed at home, risked nothing and brought in 20,000 mercenaries from the Golden Company.

The whole lot would have become Walking Dead if Daenarys had stopped at home on the safety of her island like Cersei. Daenarys destroys most of King's Landing but the very people she has saved are not happy and for her troubles she gets a knife though the heart from the man she loved and helped save humanity.

That final episode really did deserve something better that creepy elements of the Starks inheriting what was left to rule....for now. It was just so poorly done.

Last edited:
Just seen the last episode

Absolute quality and a fitting end to a quality series imo. The series felt rushed at times but episode 2 and 3 were two of the finest eposodes of the series and the last 2 were quality.

Top tv. Looking forward to the spinoffs.

Oh I agree regarding the series as a whole and much of the final episode but I got the feeling with the meeting of elders and the Small Council was all bit poor dialogue wise and so the end was more like a mad hatter's tea party with no real drama. Something just tacked on at the end to round things off. The dragon flying off with Daenarys' body would have done me.

Last edited:
Like I said earlier it was a bizarre ending for the entire series.

Daenarys has settled in at Dragonstone Castle on the island of Dragonstone which lies in the Narrow Sea between Westeros and Essos. The island controls the Blackwater Bay approach to King's Landing. She's sitting pretty with an army of the Unsullied infantry, Dothraki cavalry and three dragons. Dragonstone also has extensive dragonglass that can be mined and kills the Army of the Dead including the White Walkers and the Night King.

Then along comes Jon Snow, the King of the North. Personally I would have been wary of someone that looks as though they are about to burst into tears most of the time but maybe that impressed her. He needs her help. All life on Westeros is fucked. The Army of the Dead are marching south and Winterfell will be their next port of call before King's Landing. He needs Daenarys, her army, her dragons and dragonglass. Now the Army of the Dead can't swim but rather than doing a Cersei she agrees to help and provides the manpower to mine the dragonglass.

To convince Cersei that the danger is real she agrees to travel north with Jon so he can go beyond the wall and capture one of the Army of the Dead. Jon and his little band get into some serious trouble though and are surrounded on an island by 100.000 of the Dead where the ice is beginning to crack but in the cold starts to hold the weight of the Dead as they close the net and reach them. Daenarys comes to the rescue but loses a dragon, a big price to pay as it can be turned against them by the Night King.

Still she marches to Winterfell with her army and dragons and in the battle is almost killed except for the brave sacrifice of her father figure and adviser Sir Jorah. Arya gets the chance to kill the Night King and all those living in Westeros are saved from the Dead. Meanwhile Cersei stayed at home, risked nothing and brought in 20,000 mercenaries from the Golden Company.

The whole lot would have become Walking Dead if Daenarys had stopped at home on the safety of her island like Cersei. Daenarys destroys most of King's Landing but the very people she has saved are not happy and for her troubles she gets a knife though the heart from the man she loved and helped save humanity.

That final episode really did deserve something better that creepy elements of the Starks inheriting what was left to rule....for now. It was just so poorly done.

Absolutely this ^^

Absolutely this ^^

What's also a bit daft is that the Unsullied are sailing off to the Island of Naath. Sounds like a happy ending for them as they sail into the sunset and paradise except.....

.....the Island is inhabited by giant wasps the size of a hand. These wasps are poisonous to all those not born there, whereas the native inhabitants have developed a resistance to their venom.

What's also a bit daft is that the Unsullied are sailing off to the Island of Naath. Sounds like a happy ending for them as they sail into the sunset and paradise except.....

.....the Island is inhabited by giant wasps the size of a hand. These wasps are poisonous to all those not born there, whereas the native inhabitants have developed a resistance to their venom.
Summat else for Grey Worm to pout about

Watching the last watch, god the effort that goes into it is insane. 4 things that stood out that stark guard extra needs his own spin off. Dickless bald actor was pissed at the script reading. One of the episode writers is class (nutter) and the night king seems a good bloke

Oh and the one sweary lass with the radio is also class

Last edited:
Watching the last watch, god the effort that goes into it is insane. 4 things that stood out that stark guard extra needs his own spin off. Dickless bald actor was pissed at the script reading. One of the episode writers is class (nutter) and the night king seems a good bloke

eh?

Sky Atlantic had a behind the scene hour and a half documentary from the last season. From start to finish from the extras, location manager, head of snow, costume design. The things I pointed out were the things I liked.

Ah ok. Not sure I'd like to see that, prefer the illusion.

Oh I agree regarding the series as a whole and much of the final episode but I got the feeling with the meeting of elders and the Small Council was all bit poor dialogue wise and so the end was more like a mad hatter's tea party with no real drama. Something just tacked on at the end to round things off. The dragon flying off with Daenarys' body would have done me.
I watched the behind the scenes thing that was in Sky. They are doing the read through with all the actors. They describe how Jon stabs Danny and then he says the series ends!

I watched the behind the scenes thing that was in Sky. They are doing the read through with all the actors. They describe how Jon stabs Danny and then he says the series ends!
"winter is coming" we are stopping shooting because winter has came and the guy who puts fake snow down cant put snow down

I can't understand why they tacked that drivel on at the end. Not all good series or films end with everything neatly tucked up in bed and a bedtime story to make everyone feel safe.

I don't buy the story arc for Dany either. She didn't go mad such as psychotic or she would not have been aware of the consequences of her actions, like her mad father who was actually insane. So was she a psychopath? Well psychopaths do tend to be born as the cause is usually genetic but a psychopath is incapable of feeling empathy and there are many examples throughout the series where Dany demonstrated great empathy for the afflicted. Sociopaths are created rather than born, as the environment during there growing years shapes what they become but although they share similarities with psychopaths, sociopaths tend to outgrow their conditioning as they reach adulthood. I just don't buy this Dany went mad story line.

There is no evidence that Dany suffered from an anti personality disorder.

Or anti social personality disorder that should read.

I know its fantasy but people are people.

And one of the great things about the entire series is that it portrayed so many personality types realistically.

That is why people became hooked. There was real drama until we got to the end. Maybe it was rushed as some people have said.

And it deserved better than a bland bedtime story to wrap things up.

Last edited:

He looked thoroughly pissed off throughout!

Back