Game of Thrones season 8

Like people have said. the Dani story-line has been coming since the very first episode when RB ordered for to be assassinated, they knew the had to wipe out the last of the Targaryans to stop anything like what happened with Mad King happening again. They didn't and it did.

That's the point though isn't it. A never ending circle of people who depose bad kings,then end up being just as bad because they abuse their power or are under so much pressure that they lose the plot.

So Cersei and Jaimie,when all the power and riches are stripped away,were just two people who loved each other. Robert was just a fat **** who was burnt out.....the mad King started off benevolent,but the pressure (and or genes) made him lose the plot and attempt mass murder.

Now Dany, traumatised by the loss of all her friends,rejected by her nephew,sees kings landing,the place that refused to love her,stood backing Cersei while not only did Dany sacrifice two of her children,they also watched as Cersei didn't help save mankind,staying in their selfish,insular castle while she lost Ser Jorah and others. Then,they stand and watch as her most loyal remaining friend is beheaded.

I think from her perspective,faced with the option of "I can",she snapped and thought fuck them. Like Varys predicted,which is why he tried so hard and outed himself.

The only two people in the show who weren't selfish and corruptible like that were Ned Stark and Jon Snow. Even Rob was a twat who bought in to his own King of the North fame and abused it to shag a lass he knew he shouldn't.

Any straight man in that position would likely do the same, she was lovely her.

Walder Frey had him sussed though.

She didn't kill "Innocents" in her head... she saw the citizens in Kings Landing as complicit in Cersei's reign as they didn't rebel like the slaves of Meereen

She also killed 163 of the nobleman of meereen despite some being innocent of the crime they were sentenced. this was pointed out to the viewers.

She killed another one later for intimidation purposes too (after the death of Barristan Selmy)

it's not a massive shift of character for Dany especially with some of the quotes she has said in the past.
Fair play, what about the Greyworm thing then? Did he just lose it after that lass got beheaded?

This. The most annoying thing about social media one person says the writing is pap and then they feel it is the cool thing to say without any real explanation or referencing older episodes etc.

I don't think it's massively contrary to say this is rushed when they're trying to close out quite a lot of storylines with half the usual number of episodes. A lot of it has still been great but it has felt at times a bit like a book where you're skipping to the end of each chapter. I think the storyline of Daenerys turning out to be the mad Queen is spot on but it has felt a bit abrupt.

Of course the flip side to that is I've had no complaints about the pacing up to now, I've never thought it was dragging.

I've loved this series so far and the only rushed episode was episode 4 imo. It's a fitting end to the series so far with nothing going according to plan.

It's unbelievable seeing the reaction of some people because the story didn't follow their arc or some characters didn't turn out how they imagined. It's happened with virtually every major series since the sopranos.

A list of feeble excuses.
Feeble excuses for what? :lol: The Targaryans are nutters. Targaryen madness

I've loved this series so far and the only rushed episode was episode 4 imo. It's a fitting end to the series so far with nothing going according to plan.

It's unbelievable seeing the reaction of some people because the story didn't follow their arc or some characters didn't turn out how they imagined. It's happened with virtually every major series since the sopranos.

Feeble excuses for what? :lol: The Targaryans are nutters. Targaryen madness
According to some beliefs...

According to some beliefs...
That page has been there for years and its true, targaryans are nutters

Ser barristan said this to dany in the second or third book

I am no maester to quote history at you, Your Grace. Swords have been my life, not books. But every child knows that the Targaryens have always danced too close to madness. Your father was not the first. King Jaehaerys once told me that madness and greatness are two sides of the same coin. Every time a new Targaryen is born, he said, the gods toss the coin in the air and the world holds its breath to see how it will land.

I hope Jon doesn’t become king. Boring pedestrian character, shit wooden acting, hasn’t really had much to do since bing revived except make one bad decision after another.

He’s supposed to be the leader but when Rickon was shot just binned off the entire battle plan against Ramsay and nearly lost the entire army, had to be saved by ...

Bloody Sansa the annoying whingeing ginger tart. He hasn’t learned and has continued to make bad decisions - this is the bloke some people want to be king? He’s thick as mince man!

That page has been there for years and its true, targaryans are nutters

Ser barristan said this to dany in the second or third book

I am no maester to quote history at you, Your Grace. Swords have been my life, not books. But every child knows that the Targaryens have always danced too close to madness. Your father was not the first. King Jaehaerys once told me that madness and greatness are two sides of the same coin. Every time a new Targaryen is born, he said, the gods toss the coin in the air and the world holds its breath to see how it will land.
Try reading your own links properly marra.

Back