Future of this subforum

What should happen to this subforum?

• Close it

Votes: 51 11.3%
  • Keep it open

Votes: 402 88.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Keep it open - this virus is along way from been over.

Still plenty to discuss over the coming months with job losses & potential 2nd wave over the horizon.

Also, as mentioned above. The forum does help with mental health which is hugely important to people.
people should not be coming to smb for help with mental health they should seek legit mental health services

The current results speak volumes to me.

It’s a good sub forum & should remain for a while longer (at least).

Coronavirus topics would end up in the SMB forum. Posters do try to avoid the negativity & doom & gloom of the coronavirus topics with the sad news of deaths/job losses.

I don't know if it has been mentioned but when the whole thing does come under control, could the thread be come Gold? A matter of history for those to come perhapss?

If it closed where would all the topics go?
would they be deleted? far too important to lose.
I can't think of anywhere that would have this number of posts all in one place

If it closed where would all the topics go?
would they be deleted? far too important to lose.
I can't think of anywhere that would have this number of posts all in one place

No, they would get moved to the other forums and then just get deleted as they got old and we needed more storage space.

That said, looking at the poll results and opinions so far I am fairly sure that it is a sizable majority that want the forum to remain so I doubt I will be doing anything anytime soon.

No, they would get moved to the other forums and then just get deleted as they got old and we needed more storage space.

That said, looking at the poll results and opinions so far I am fairly sure that it is a sizable majority that want the forum to remain so I doubt I will be doing anything anytime soon.
I wish brexit was this easy

It also has a general smb forum & forums for diet and excise, politics, 5 aside, Gold, photography, Parsnip, cricket, games and betting. Should we do away with all them to? None of them are anything to do with SAFC.
ok lets break it down

SMB - RTG related (general chit chat for those wanting to talk about anything other than football)
diet and excise - football related
politics - not football or RTG related so should go imo
5 aside - football related
Gold - RTG related
photography - RTG related
Parsnip - RTG related
cricket - sport related
games and betting - RTG & football related
corona virus - ? (absolutely consumed the point of RTG)

if the corona forum was binned we could all still talk about football and sport etc and also the virus where its applicable, i think most people who visit RTG will click on the corona forum before anything else these days and i think that has had a detrimental effect on RTG and its purpose - just my thoughts take them or leave them

ok lets break it down

SMB - RTG related (general chit chat for those wanting to talk about anything other than football)
diet and excise - football related
politics - not football or RTG related so should go imo
5 aside - football related
Gold - RTG related
photography - RTG related
Parsnip - RTG related
cricket - sport related
games and betting - RTG & football related
corona virus - ? (absolutely consumed the point of RTG)

if the corona forum was binned we could all still talk about football and sport etc and also the virus where its applicable, i think most people who visit RTG will click on the corona forum before anything else these days and i think that has had a detrimental effect on RTG and its purpose - just my thoughts take them or leave them

But you said it was a SAFC forum, not a football or sport forum. Make your mind up.

It may have had a detrimental on a few but I'd bet it's been helpful to most. Again, no one as to come onto this forum of they don't want to, it's not compulsory. Just pretend it's not here if it bothers you that much.

Tbh this sub forum is a great way to get information, other people's views or advice on things regarding covid19. As we are going to be living with it for the foreseeable future I think it can only be a good thing if its kept open

Back