• Close it

Votes: 51 11.3%
  • Keep it open

Votes: 402 88.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coronavirus is far from gone and will obviously be with us for some time.

This forum was originally created because there were so many Coronavirus threads being created on the SMB and they were detracting from that forum, but my feeling is that general coranavirus chat is now fairly mainstream, and also that many of the threads in here now probably belong in the Politics forum or sometimes even Pure Football (with the remainder being able to be discussed in the SMB)

The other side of the argument is that this subforum is obviously still the place to look if you want to discuss the virus and the issues around it and you don't have to trawl through other forums to find the info/views/news/conspiracy theories!

Just to gauge people's opinions I have created a poll (the result won't be binding, but it will give me a feel for people's views). Feel free to give your opinions as replies too.
This discussion seems an awful long time ago now doesn't it? :(

I’ve changed my mind since July. Think apart from the vaccine thread, it’s served its purpose now. It’s just the same old arguments over and over with neither side willing to back down. Arguments on things no one can do anything about

It’s been great, and as people echoed in July, led to some really healthy debate. Sub forum of SMB would be better IMO.

I’ve changed my mind since July. Think apart from the vaccine thread, it’s served its purpose now. It’s just the same old arguments over and over with neither side willing to back down. Arguments on things no one can do anything about
Says more about the vociferous minority who ruin most threads.

"Normal" folk with your average take on things can't get a word in when they get going, or just get bored of every thread

One of them is banned seemingly. Thank god - seems to have improved the sub forum a bit.

I think we still need this sub forum as the virus is worse than ever and people will obviously want to discuss it. It's the biggest thing going on in the world right now & showing no signs of improving in the near future. Also if this sub forum was got rid of the same threads would still be posted but just on the SMB instead.

Last edited:
Says more about the vociferous minority who ruin most threads.

"Normal" folk with your average take on things can't get a word in when they get going, or just get bored of every thread

One of them is banned seemingly. Thank god - seems to have improved the sub forum a bit.
Agree and disagree. “Normal” folk is not conspiracy nonsense, and @Frijj is right to call them out for that. It’s dangerous drivel spouted by a few at times

Agree and disagree. “Normal” folk is not conspiracy nonsense, and @Frijj is right to call them out for that. It’s dangerous drivel spouted by a few at times
If you can't back up your post with links to peer reviewed scientific evidence and a handful of graphs am afraid it can't be accepted

I don’t think he does that. He just doesn’t accept random nonsense. And rightly so.
Going back to the thread, pointless forum if debate isn't permitted

Especially when it's dominated by someone better educated than 99% of the rest of us

Bin it in that case

It's not a public information system. Or a virtual pub where you call people out

Just an off shoot of a footy forum
So you’re saying you want free speech but not when people prove that what you’re saying is factually incorrect?

Doesn’t sound much like free speech to me. More like you just can’t accept facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back