Future of this subforum

What should happen to this subforum?

• Close it

Votes: 51 11.3%
  • Keep it open

Votes: 402 88.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
thats because i invested in conspiracy theories over 2 years ago so have had a live feed in the conspiracy world most people are not privy to since this whole covid thing started

How much did you invest?

On your other points, I don't think you understand how forums work.

I created this place as an SAFC forum to discuss things related to SAFC - but it very soon became apparent that people wanted to discuss a whole lot more than that.

So my options:
1) Ban non-SAFC chat
2) Allow people to talk about other things and dilute the football chat (which we actually did for a long time until the forum got very busy)
3) Create sections where people can chat about other things without diluting/ruining the football chat or where things are niche interests.

People will always discuss what they want to and I have little way of controlling that, nor would I want to except where it is abusive/distasteful/racist/homophobic etc.

What we have here is a small community. We are typically bound together by our love of SAFC but we have a wide range of views and opinions to express. I have no particular desire to control people's input and I want to give people a platform to express what they want to say freely. (Note I don't profess to offer total freedom of speech here as hate speech has no place, and nor has spamming/trolling but I will always permit people to express general and political opinions I disagree with).

Last edited:

How much did you invest?
my beliefs
I created this place as an SAFC forum to discuss things related to SAFC - but it very soon became apparent that people wanted to discuss a whole lot more than that.
there is no doubt in my mind you are a genius Roger, you have created something extraordinary you, and the great supporters of safc we are all good even the bad apples who hang around waiting for their bans to expire. what a great bunch of characters god bless you all and yes there is a god (dangermows was right)

Last edited by a moderator:
How much did you invest?

On your other points, I don't think you understand how forums work.

So my options:
1) Ban non-SAFC chat
2) Allow people to talk about other things and dilute the football chat (which we actually did for a long time until the forum got very busy)
3) Create sections where people can chat about other things without diluting/ruining the football chat or where things are niche interests.

People will always discuss what they want to and I have little way of controlling that, nor would I want to except where it is abusive/distasteful/racist/homophobic etc.

What we have here is a small community. We are typically bound together by our love of SAFC but we have a wide range of views and opinions to express. I have no particular desire to control people's input and I want to give people a platform to express what they want to say freely. (Note I don't profess to offer total freedom of speech here as hate speech has no place, and nor has spamming/trolling but I will always permit people to express general and political opinions I disagree with).

Despite banning me to fuck, you do a sterling job

Keep for now as its still too soon. Review its presence every couple of months though as you're doing now as a time will come when its no longer necessary.

I'd wait until measures are no longer needed and / or there's a vaccine in place. The virus is still spreading outside Europe and we may still face a second wave.

There's a lot of people still very nervous about COVID-19 and keeping the sub-forum for now is one of a number of actions that might promote reassurance.

Back