Forthcoming gigs.

Jon Hopkins this week. Just got a tkt for Juniore in April. Need a few others to see me through to Thom Yorke.

let me know what Jon Hopkins is like mate. I was a bit unsure about shelling out with it being more classical.
I’m in London when he’s on at Royal Albert hall and really fancy it as not been to the venue.

Just noticed Flaming Lips have a tour of 4 or 5 random venues around the country- I know there’s a few fans on here. Still tickets for Liverpool but it’s a Monday night.
I was going to go to the Liverpool night, but I'm likely to be away so have declined. Saw them in Manchester a few years ago, definitely worth going to if you haven't seen them before.

Thinking about going to see Spider Stacey and Cait O'Riordan sing the songs of the Pogues on Sunday - anyone seen them or know if they do a decent job? I know it's not Shane, so I don't know how it'll stand up (Shane joke intended)

He mentioned on stage that hes also playing The Peacock sometime in May
It's 15th May, I'm seeing him in Wigan on 1st April and with the full band in Liverpool on 25th July.
Thinking about going to see Spider Stacey and Cait O'Riordan sing the songs of the Pogues on Sunday - anyone seen them or know if they do a decent job? I know it's not Shane, so I don't know how it'll stand up (Shane joke intended)
It won't be the same as The Pogues in their pomp but it has to be a must attend even if just for curiosity and a piss up. I think most of their gigs have been in the States as they bother either live or spend a lot of time over the pond.

It won't be the same as The Pogues in their pomp but it has to be a must attend even if just for curiosity and a piss up. I think most of their gigs have been in the States as they bother either live or spend a lot of time over the pond.
My line of thinking, too. The missus is of largely Irish descent and we're creeping toward that time of March - I saw the Pogues a few times back in the 80s, but she hasn't had the pleasure, so the curiosity / piss-up angle is sitting well with us
btw, have you bothered checking up on Eddie McDonald's new band? They seem to be gigging quite a bit

Last edited:
Ah, I just knew he had played when I was last in the UK, which was start of December, then I saw him post the Water Rats gig this week, so presumed it was an ongoing thing. Didn't realize they'd done absolutely nothing in between! I've not heard them but the description didn't sound like my bag

Ah, I just knew he had played when I was last in the UK, which was start of December, then I saw him post the Water Rats gig this week, so presumed it was an ongoing thing. Didn't realize they'd done absolutely nothing in between! I've not heard them but the description didn't sound like my bag
They released something via pledgemusic ages ago that I'd describe it as a bit Marillionish and totally underwhelming.

just been watching the videos from last nights opening show in Edinburgh. Looks immense, he’s doing both classical and heavier stuff. Just got a ticket for royal Albert hall and buzzing for it now. Enjoy tonight 👍

Absolutely tremendous. Could hear a pin drop during a stunning piano piece then within 30 seconds the place was going off.

Edit. One of the best gigs I've been to.

Last edited:
Absolutely tremendous. Could hear a pin drop during a stunning piano piece then within 30 seconds the place was going off.

nice one.was it a Petcentage of piano or techno. regardless sure way it with have been great.
Let me know kidda

sounds amazing Wor kid.Hope you had a grey night👍

Last edited:

Back