Forthcoming gigs.

This may be of interest.
I saw that on tinternet yesterday. I wonder if that could work in U.K. major cities? A couple of quick 30 minute gigs at 12:15 then 13:15 allowing punters to get back to work?

Back to work! That wouldn't happen for me as it would start an afternoon of drinking.
Yeah. That’d be the case for a few I reckon.
Me and a couple of marras have been considering putting a few gigs on but there’s so few venues in central London left that we reckoned an “angle” was maybe needed. Daytime was one considered. Ones put loads of gigs on years ago and the others Mrs works in the industry so we wouldn’t be going in turtley blind.

Yeah. That’d be the case for a few I reckon.
Me and a couple of marras have been considering putting a few gigs on but there’s so few venues in central London left that we reckoned an “angle” was maybe needed. Daytime was one considered. Ones put loads of gigs on years ago and the others Mrs works in the industry so we wouldn’t be going in turtley blind.
How about a late afternoon/early evening? You could finish work sharp, have a couple of beers then watch some bands.

Saw Talk Show. Few weeks back. They were supporting someone, think it was Warmduscher but they blur into one don’t they? Yer basic punky guitar shouty band tbh.
SXSW called off by Austin City Council and promoters last night I see.
Seen two young bands in last fortnight who were going both tying it in with a SXSW themed mini fest in NYC on the way. Hotel Lux and Parliamo. Bit chat with both singers at bar and outside on street afterwards waiting for ubers and they both were reet up for it. Theyll be gutted. Hotel Lux are off to France next week with Warmduscher and Life iirc hmmm that may be looking dodgy now anarl.
Small gigs especially are gonna take a hit. Expect more cancellations.
My marra from work went to SXSW as a fan a few years back and he loves it as does his Mrs, once the bairns older it’s gonna be there yearly holiday. Starting to fancy it myself

Do you ever go down the Saxon? I like Dave Grissom and he's always on there (for free!). Austin is on my bucket list for the Rib O Rama. :cool:

How about a late afternoon/early evening? You could finish work sharp, have a couple of beers then watch some bands.
Early and late gig thing? Bands play twice in one night? Hmmmm. Has it been tried? Anyone?

I remember back in the late 70s when Costello looked like breaking in the US they announced US tour details with every major city covered but NY playing just about every night for a month or so but not on April 1st. Next to the April 1st space it simply said summit like: “Nowhere at all whatsoever”.
Of course the word went out. They did summit like six gigs in different venues in one day starting at breakfast time on the back of a lorry driving around Manhattan and ending at a rock club at midnight. Ended up on the tv news and radio all day. Can’t buy that sort of publicity.

Seeing Space in April & Daft Funk in June. Daft Funk are supposed to be a very good tribute act, anyone seen them?

Seeing Space in April & Daft Funk in June. Daft Funk are supposed to be a very good tribute act, anyone seen them?

If they were those helmets I doubt anybody has seen them mate.

sorry shit gag.

bit of an easy tribute act though. Get the helmet on and press play. Sorted.

Seems to be a few indoor mini festivals being organised around the U.K. to try and help the bands affected by sxsw being cancelled claw back some of the money they’ve spent on it.

Rifles acoustic next week.
Tickets for Toots got. Think I might have Lee Scratch Perry, not 100% sure.
Got Reverend & the Makers, Futureheads & Holloway’s.
will be getting Stranglers tickets

Where’s that? Hoy a summary up after. Not sure if I’d go if they ventured up this way.

Off to Boro to see him in a few weeks. Don’t know a lot about him to be honest, so it’ll be all new to me
Wylie’s at the Cluny this Friday. Looking forward to it

Saw Martha Hill last night at Indy - really good, second time I've seen her. Canny writer and a cracking voice.

Aint been on here much, but recently also saw Futurehead's (Peacock), The Orielles (Riverside + album of the year, so far), PINS at Indy, Hannah Lou Clark (Bobiks), Pale White (Indy), Nadine Shah (Cluny) and Field Music's matinee show at The Cluny.

Fever Days, Slotface, Honey Joy, MarthaGunn, Gender Roles, Sing Again Syren and Mucie Girls all lined-up over the course of the month.

Back