Forthcoming gigs.

Just booked a trip to New York yesterday and was looking to see if anyone was on when I’m there. Tenacious D at Radio City Music Hall, tickets went on sale half an hour ago and managed to get a couple.

Hope it's neither sinful nor tragic - enjoy.
Expanded Celtic Folklore out on RSD ;)
Pete Wylie was rather different as it was songs and stories from his career and boy can he talk. He did an hour then had a twenty minute break then after the interval played 'Come Back' followed by at least twenty minutes of chat before the next song.

If anyone knows how to regurgitate the same stuff over and over again it's Mike Peters. The RSD release is essentially 'Electric Folklore' with a different title.

Quite topically I'm off to see a mates band tonight who are playing an International Women's Day gig at the Shacklewell Arms.

Bought a Kiwi Jr ticket as I haven't been to the Sebright Arms for a couple of years.

Pregoblin are playing the Shacklewell Arms in a couple of weeks as well, Friday night so will likely go to that and embarrass mesel after too many lagers.

Thinking about buying a ticket for Talk Show, anyone on here seem them yet?

Rifles acoustic next week.
Tickets for Toots got. Think I might have Lee Scratch Perry, not 100% sure.
Got Reverend & the Makers, Futureheads & Holloway’s.
will be getting Stranglers tickets
Confirmed - Spider and Cait on Sunday
Where’s that? Hoy a summary up after. Not sure if I’d go if they ventured up this way.
Pete Wylie was rather different as it was songs and stories from his career and boy can he talk. He did an hour then had a twenty minute break then after the interval played 'Come Back' followed by at least twenty minutes of chat before the next song.

If anyone knows how to regurgitate the same stuff over and over again it's Mike Peters. The RSD release is essentially 'Electric Folklore' with a different title.
Off to Boro to see him in a few weeks. Don’t know a lot about him to be honest, so it’ll be all new to me

Last edited:
Quite topically I'm off to see a mates band tonight who are playing an International Women's Day gig at the Shacklewell Arms.

Bought a Kiwi Jr ticket as I haven't been to the Sebright Arms for a couple of years.

Pregoblin are playing the Shacklewell Arms in a couple of weeks as well, Friday night so will likely go to that and embarrass mesel after too many lagers.

Thinking about buying a ticket for Talk Show, anyone on here seem them yet?
Saw Talk Show. Few weeks back. They were supporting someone, think it was Warmduscher but they blur into one don’t they? Yer basic punky guitar shouty band tbh.
SXSW called off by Austin City Council and promoters last night I see.
Seen two young bands in last fortnight who were going both tying it in with a SXSW themed mini fest in NYC on the way. Hotel Lux and Parliamo. Bit chat with both singers at bar and outside on street afterwards waiting for ubers and they both were reet up for it. Theyll be gutted. Hotel Lux are off to France next week with Warmduscher and Life iirc hmmm that may be looking dodgy now anarl.
Small gigs especially are gonna take a hit. Expect more cancellations.
My marra from work went to SXSW as a fan a few years back and he loves it as does his Mrs, once the bairns older it’s gonna be there yearly holiday. Starting to fancy it myself

Last edited:

Saw Chris Difford from Squeeze doing a similar type show recently.
He’s the lyricist but not the melody or music writer though he plays rhythm guitar and sings backing vocals on their records.....bizarre set up which he admits himself. He talked us through their career and took questions and sang a selection of their stuff on the way. He WAS the lead singer on Cool For Cats though.
He was supported then backed by Boo Hewerdine from 80s jingle jangle sub-Byrd’s band The Bible who’s scandalously non hit “Honey Be Good” is one of my favourite songs. It’s kept him going financially as iirc a Spanish pop star covered it and it made number one ower there! Apparently loads have also covered it in South America!.

China Crisis also do a similar story telling and hit playing show. I only love one of theirs ( African and White) but there’s enuff hits and tales to make it an enjoyable evening.

These shows must be coming a “thing”.

Saw Chris Difford from Squeeze doing a similar type show recently.
He’s the lyricist but not the melody or music writer though he plays rhythm guitar and sings backing vocals on their records.....bizarre set up which he admits himself. He talked us through their career and took questions and sang a selection of their stuff on the way. He WAS the lead singer on Cool For Cats though.
He was supported then backed by Boo Hewerdine from 80s jingle jangle sub-Byrd’s band The Bible who’s scandalously non hit “Honey Be Good” is one of my favourite songs. It’s kept him going financially as iirc a Spanish pop star covered it and it made number one ower there! Apparently loads have also covered it in South America!.

China Crisis also do a similar story telling and hit playing show. I only love one of theirs ( African and White) but there’s enuff hits and tales to make it an enjoyable evening.

These shows must be coming a “thing”.

I think if the artist has the back catalogue, stories to tell and can deliver them well it’s a very good thing. Springsteen on Broadway being the prime example. Probably the best show I’ve ever seen ( granted not in flesh )

Back