Football Manager 2023

was thinking about doing one of those saves using the database down to level 10 myself, in league 1 with south shields and want to win champions league first though. game feels dead easy from the low levels

Aye it’s fun in the lower, lower leagues. Gets annoying rebuilding every 6 months if your squad are all part timers like but a few promotions fixes that. It’s also always nice when you sign a kid from Cardiff Uni for a fiver and he goes on to the champo or even pl on the rare occasion.

I’ve not tried the Shields but they look decent for their level like in this years game. I’ve not tried them myself.

Aye it’s fun in the lower, lower leagues. Gets annoying rebuilding every 6 months if your squad are all part timers like but a few promotions fixes that. It’s also always nice when you sign a kid from Cardiff Uni for a fiver and he goes on to the champo or even pl on the rare occasion.

I’ve not tried the Shields but they look decent for their level like in this years game. I’ve not tried them myself.

for my shields save i holidayed the first season because i wanted to take charge of a side that got promoted to conference north/south. shields got promoted and took charge of them. good way to do a save. you are right though it feels a squad rebuild every season bar the odd couple players. i've basically just signed as many young players from released prem sides mainly and utilised bringing in as many loans as possible.

for my shields save i holidayed the first season because i wanted to take charge of a side that got promoted to conference north/south. shields got promoted and took charge of them. good way to do a save. you are right though it feels a squad rebuild every season bar the odd couple players. i've basically just signed as many young players from released prem sides mainly and utilised bringing in as many loans as possible.

Suppose it helps having the NE teams near too for cast offs and loans? All you need is a strong core then good kids on loan or from released players as you said.

As soon as you can dish out long term contracts it’s better and you can actually build something.

I just seem to just spend literally hours looking at the scouting bit :lol:

Hit some poor form since the update.
Poor draw at Birmingham, came back from 2 down to wba to draw, and then hammered 5 0 at Luton which made the squad pay for the away fans.
Just beat Blackburn 2 1 on boxing day. Sitting 3rd, 7 behind Watford and Boro.
Ross is on 19 so far.

Suppose it helps having the NE teams near too for cast offs and loans? All you need is a strong core then good kids on loan or from released players as you said.

As soon as you can dish out long term contracts it’s better and you can actually build something.

I just seem to just spend literally hours looking at the scouting bit :lol:

sunderland is one of shields affiliates on the game so i managed to get a few loans off them when i was in conference levels. never bothered really since and just been going from loans from what my scouts had found.

Finished 3rd.
Chunk of injuries and Lost 2 nil at Blackburn then was 1 down at half time in the second leg.
Roscoe netted a brace to get his 40th of the season then a late equaliser from Bennette.

Then as night follows day, heartache. Lost 9 - 8 on pens, Alese missing the vital one.
Weighing up my options now as its clear there will be nowt to spend plus no diallo or simms next season

Finished 3rd.
Chunk of injuries and Lost 2 nil at Blackburn then was 1 down at half time in the second leg.
Roscoe netted a brace to get his 40th of the season then a late equaliser from Bennette.

Then as night follows day, heartache. Lost 9 - 8 on pens, Alese missing the vital one.
Weighing up my options now as its clear there will be nowt to spend plus no diallo or simms next season

How many seasons you had with the lads? Usually get decent money if you get promoted but making them top 5-6 still takes ages and a shit load of luck with signings.

I got pissed with my chairman selling everyone so I took the Lazio job. Took over December so just getting the season over with as my team is fking old :lol:

I have Lucas Moura there at about 37/8 earning 150k a week :confused:

Anyone else start getting a bit bored when all the real players have just about gone or just me?

How many seasons you had with the lads? Usually get decent money if you get promoted but making them top 5-6 still takes ages and a shit load of luck with signings.

I got pissed with my chairman selling everyone so I took the Lazio job. Took over December so just getting the season over with as my team is fking old :lol:

I have Lucas Moura there at about 37/8 earning 150k a week :confused:

Anyone else start getting a bit bored when all the real players have just about gone or just me?

Whenever I start I look at the youth team and decide who to try and improve. Also bring players in 2-3 years before needed and give them upto 10-15 sub appearances per season, promote them into the 1st team but make available for u18s / u21s and pretty soon you will see they turn out better than your original players. I also mentor them alongside the players they will be replacing. Quite in depth and time consuming but worth it when iv just had a 22 year old Jake Waters bag a hattrick v West ham.

Whenever I start I look at the youth team and decide who to try and improve. Also bring players in 2-3 years before needed and give them upto 10-15 sub appearances per season, promote them into the 1st team but make available for u18s / u21s and pretty soon you will see they turn out better than your original players. I also mentor them alongside the players they will be replacing. Quite in depth and time consuming but worth it when iv just had a 22 year old Jake Waters bag a hattrick v West ham.

The youth bit is probably the best bit, very satisfying when one of your kids blows up.

Sometimes the mentor bit goes spectacularly wrong for me. Had someone just go off the rails, seen leaving nightclubs and shit. Had to sell him for half his worth :lol:

Need an smb league ;)

Currently in my 2nd season with Roma, won the league through a 1 off playoff with Lazio in season 1 as we finished level on points. Currently about halfway through the second season with the following record (P 22 W 21 D 1) :eek: Its the best run Ive ever been on in any of the FM games. Ive still got Abraham up front and I signed a lad called Beto from Udinese and he is banging them in, still got Belotti as back up too.

Ross is a beast on the ps5 version.
40 in season 1 and I think I've hit 30 in 30ish games. His finishings crap but his goals he seems to be in the right place to have a tap in all the time.
Sat 3rd in February so looking canny for playoffs. 6 behind the top 2, 5 ahead of Burnley in 4th.
Cirkin has left on deadline day for Bournemouth for 6m despite a new contract offer so went and gor Tymon from Nicky Butt's Stoke team.

Back