Football Manager 2023

Anyone play the mobile version, and if so is it ridiculously easy? In the last couple of editions I've made Berwick European and World Champions, won The World Cup with Scotland, saved Carlisle from relegation to The Conference and had them in The Champions League 6 seasons later.

Or maybe I'm just class ;)

We have a decent enough squad to get promoted first time imo. Last years version was like having a cheat playing is on league one, ridiculous :lol:

I’m about 7/8 years into my save, still in Croatia having won a couple of cups but not the league but I’m top after 16 games having won 16 this season.

Getting tired of losing every player now though, can’t do nowt as we are a tiny team and the fking chairman accepts the bids over my head haha

I’m looking at the AC Milan job now and tempted.

Might start a Ryhope save next and take them into Europe :lol:
Out of interest, where would you download a database to get the likes of Ryhope?

Finally caved and bought it. 30 games into the season and it seems pretty easy with Sunderland.

I’m 5 points clear at the top and 18 above 3rd.

Just using the same 4231 tactic I had in fm22 and have only bought a right back.
Has the winter update with January’s transfers been released?
Wasn’t out the other day when I started.

Last edited:
Had a total nightmare on my Sunderland save last night.

After easily getting promoted in the first season, I struggled badly in the second season having gone all-in in youth.

I managed to survive on the last day of the season in a head to head battle with Norwich - beat them on the last day to stay up and send them down.

Having survived by the skin of my teeth in the first season after promotion, my faith in youth started to pay off big time in the second season and I went into the January transfer window unexpectedly flying high in the Champion's League places.

This was led by two young Brazilians who struggled in their first seasons but were now living up to their potential and tearing up the league - Marcos Leonardo and Andrey Santos.

Of course I'd had to give them minimum release clauses to get them to sign £22m and £30m respectively.

I knew big clubs would start to come in for them so I offered them both new contracts with increased release clauses £55m and £60m and they both accepted.

Unfortunately I tried to be too clever and rather than have the deals effective immediately, I opted for them to start at the end of the season in an effort to save a few quid.

I was hoping that having agreed new deals they wouldn't be able to negotiate with anyone else, but I now know that's not how it works 😬

PSG and Real Madrid came along and paid their clauses and now not only have I lost my two best players, I've lost them for relative pittance.

All through trying to save a tiny amount by delaying the implementation of their new contracts 😞

Finally caved and bought it. 30 games into the season and it seems pretty easy with Sunderland.

I’m 5 points clear at the top and 18 above 3rd.

Just using the same 4231 tactic I had in fm22 and have only bought a right back.

Wasn’t out the other day when I started.

I got it for Christmas but I’ve been holding out until the patch. Hopefully not too longer :lol:

started a new save with sunderland on the winter update. seems a few of our players have been improved from what i remember. stewart defo had a little upgrade.

first thing i'll be doing is bringing in a young back up keeper to replace Bass and bringing in a physical DM - ekwah looks pretty poor.

think i'll use my usual 4-1-2-2-1 tactic which i've had success on FM23 for both saves i've had but also try and get a variation of 3-5-2 working so i can fit both stewart and geldhart up front at times.

Had a second season of playoff semi defeat.
Ross getting 40 again.
Gave me a budget of 3m so I walked.
Took over at Valencia about 10 games into the season. They were second bottom.

Finished the season 7th on head to head below Celta Vigo. Got Europa league though vi's winning the conference league..whatever that is.

There's a great 98-99 season database on steam workshop. Phillips and Quinn leading the line for us in division 1, both incredible. Whole team is prem basically. Database is pretty good as real players come through teams youth systems like they did in real life.

There's a great 98-99 season database on steam workshop. Phillips and Quinn leading the line for us in division 1, both incredible. Whole team is prem basically. Database is pretty good as real players come through teams youth systems like they did in real life.
Need to make sure the regen mod is added into the game files, but it's phenomenal.

I made the mistake of playing it first without the regen mod, so I'm now starting again. Stylian Petrov and Mirsolav Klose are class and can both be bought for pennies in the first season with Sunderland.

1998/99 Database for Football Manager 2023 by TheMadScientist • Passion4FM - link with install instructions if anyone wants to give it a go.

Last edited:
Anyone play the mobile version, and if so is it ridiculously easy? In the last couple of editions I've made Berwick European and World Champions, won The World Cup with Scotland, saved Carlisle from relegation to The Conference and had them in The Champions League 6 seasons later.

Or maybe I'm just class ;)
Got them through to the knock out rounds, sitting in a slightly disappointing 15th position in The Prem, sacked in the November, Cumbrian c*nts.

Year 3 in the championship with pools. Best player is James mcatee. Struggling to get higher than 15th though. Highest amount I’ve had to spend is 800k. Got city as a feeder club so just raiding there youth. I’m enjoying this save as I’m normally winning the league with city or playing as Sunderland. But I just feel abit stuck, the board constantly just want me to stay up.

Got them through to the knock out rounds, sitting in a slightly disappointing 15th position in The Prem, sacked in the November, Cumbrian c*nts.
Took over Derby in the January, 15pts adrift from safety in The Prem. Managed to almost perform a great escape taking it to the last day.

This is where my question about the mobile version being much easier comes into question again though. I romped The Championship with 121 points, I'm currently 57 games unbeaten, and won The Carabao Cup and FA Cup :lol:

Bought it on my xbox series S. Started with Sunderland. Inconsistent as fuck. Stewart has 27 goals, he also had 9 weeks out injured. Gelhardt has been canny with 12 goals. Clarke has been poor. Batth is class for me.

Played 40 matches, currently 4th place and 4 points clear of 7th. But with them being inconsistent I don't expect to make the play offs.
Bought it on my xbox series S. Started with Sunderland. Inconsistent as fuck. Stewart has 27 goals, he also had 9 weeks out injured. Gelhardt has been canny with 12 goals. Clarke has been poor. Batth is class for me.

Played 40 matches, currently 4th place and 4 points clear of 7th. But with them being inconsistent I don't expect to make the play offs.

Finished 3rd. Lost in the play off semis 4-3 on aggregate. Stewart finished the season on 27 goals, couldn't get in the team as Gelhardt was flying finishing the season on 17. Plus Stewart pissed me off missing 3 penalties in a row.

QPR got promoted and ended up signing Stewart for 9.25mil and nowt I could do as it was a release clause. Got Tyrese Campbell in as his replacement. Delap and Palmer of Man City have rejected loan moves to me, and I got refused Diallo and Gelhardt. Tried to sign Hamer from Coventry but he wanted daft wages.

Last edited:
Took over Derby in the January, 15pts adrift from safety in The Prem. Managed to almost perform a great escape taking it to the last day.

This is where my question about the mobile version being much easier comes into question again though. I romped The Championship with 121 points, I'm currently 57 games unbeaten, and won The Carabao Cup and FA Cup :lol:
Well, after a 66 game unbeaten run I've finally lost #FreddieOut

Back