Football Manager 2023

This out on PS4 as well or just 5?
Just 5.

Dled it yesterday, enjoying it so far, few minor issues with the focus of the "cursor" etc. but halfway through a season with Crawley Town as they were the only team that would take me on.

Signed Hume on loan and Mcgeouch as well who seems to have settled in well.

Currently sitting around 10th.

How do you lot start the game?

I go Sunday league plodder with the lowest settings. Started out at a team in the Swedish 4th division, kept them up then finished second before I joined a second division Croatian team who’s name I can’t remember, nickname is Cerni iirc. Kept them up and I’m now top in second season, I don’t have a pot to piss in bit I’m studying for my national B finally :lol:

Think I may try and go to the Italian leagues next, 3rd division or summit.

Haaland is ridiculous, just bosses the world player of the year :lol:

Started a season with Hartlepool, Promoted first go.

There predicted 16th but have a pretty strong team.

Loaned Mamari Camera from Reading.
Clarke Odour from Barnsley

January- Signed Lee Gregory. He absolutely banged them in as a Target Forward.

Won my first game in L1 against Rotherham.

Signed Carl Winchester, Albert Adomah and loaned Jobe bellingham.

Not signed many players this season, struggling to attract. So might be a few kids on Loan.

Hopefully Stay up this season and build again for next is the long term plan

Having a good season so far, sitting 8th in January. Spot of bad Luck over that last Window though.

Mamadi Camera one of my best players but I couldn't get a new work permit sorted and Jobe Bellingham has been recalled to Birmingham by there new Manager.

Ive loaned out Camera for 80% of his wages, and I wasnt paying any of Bellinghams.

Signed Big Charlie Wyke, who's been a god send. Also signed Lyle Taylor as my highest earner to cover Camera- But hes been out injured for three weeks.

How do you lot start the game?

I go Sunday league plodder with the lowest settings. Started out at a team in the Swedish 4th division, kept them up then finished second before I joined a second division Croatian team who’s name I can’t remember, nickname is Cerni iirc. Kept them up and I’m now top in second season, I don’t have a pot to piss in bit I’m studying for my national B finally :lol:

Think I may try and go to the Italian leagues next, 3rd division or summit.

Haaland is ridiculous, just bosses the world player of the year :lol:
I did that to start with in terms of reputation but I’d not played FM in a while so really struggled. Restarted my new save with Spennymoor and went ex-pro footballer to boost my stats a bit and it’s worked well.

I did that to start with in terms of reputation but I’d not played FM in a while so really struggled. Restarted my new save with Spennymoor and went ex-pro footballer to boost my stats a bit and it’s worked well.

Yer it can be rough. The players don’t respect you much at first :lol:

I often do Spenny. Can lend Sunderland players and scrape up their cast offs. I don’t take any from the scum ;)

I’m in the European places in Croatia but it’s tough. Still studying badges whilst eyeing up Seria B jobs.

Started my first save with doetmund as I always do, don’t get a great deal to spend with them so big on free transfers and cheap young lads. Hudson Odoi and Max Aaron’s been great free’s, and a lad called Gloukh for £4m has been brilliant. Thoroughly enjoying the console version.

How does the game run on PS5? assuming it will be fast processing and good quality graphics. not sure how i feel about playing it on console never done a footy management game on a console since LMA manager days.

Anyway, i'm now in league 1 with south shields. i was losing a bit of interest at the end of league 2 season so decided i'd install the in game editor and give shields a 10k capacity stadium and a 5m bank balance. i'm also applying work permits to any players i can convince to sign without being granted one using the editor - i know it's cheating but i wanted to see how quickly i could win the champions league without having a complete battle with a 4k stadium and a 45k wage budget in league 1. us and bolton are steering the way at the top of the league after a dozen games and i only spent 1.5m. my wage budget is still only about 60k so the quality of players i am still well overachieving.

Just finished season 1 with Roma and won the league. However, I finished level on points with Lazio and Serie A has changed so if you finish level on points for the title or for the final relegation place you have to play a one off play off against who you finished level with. In my case it was Lazio and I beat them 1-0 to win the league, imagine if that happened in real life :lol:

Just finished season 1 with Roma and won the league. However, I finished level on points with Lazio and Serie A has changed so if you finish level on points for the title or for the final relegation place you have to play a one off play off against who you finished level with. In my case it was Lazio and I beat them 1-0 to win the league, imagine if that happened in real life :lol:
Won't happen this season as Napoli are running away with it.

How does the game run on PS5? assuming it will be fast processing and good quality graphics. not sure how i feel about playing it on console never done a footy management game on a console since LMA manager days.

Anyway, i'm now in league 1 with south shields. i was losing a bit of interest at the end of league 2 season so decided i'd install the in game editor and give shields a 10k capacity stadium and a 5m bank balance. i'm also applying work permits to any players i can convince to sign without being granted one using the editor - i know it's cheating but i wanted to see how quickly i could win the champions league without having a complete battle with a 4k stadium and a 45k wage budget in league 1. us and bolton are steering the way at the top of the league after a dozen games and i only spent 1.5m. my wage budget is still only about 60k so the quality of players i am still well overachieving.

Downloaded it the other day, really enjoying it on the PS5, I didnt think I would. Cursor takes a bit of getting used to like.

Downloaded it the other day, really enjoying it on the PS5, I didnt think I would. Cursor takes a bit of getting used to like.
I'm finding it far easier to use.

I'm scoring for fun like, dunno if it's easy, our squads mint or I've just happened to land on a canny tactic from the off.

I'm finding it far easier to use.

I'm scoring for fun like, dunno if it's easy, our squads mint or I've just happened to land on a canny tactic from the off.

We have a decent enough squad to get promoted first time imo. Last years version was like having a cheat playing is on league one, ridiculous :lol:

I’m about 7/8 years into my save, still in Croatia having won a couple of cups but not the league but I’m top after 16 games having won 16 this season.

Getting tired of losing every player now though, can’t do nowt as we are a tiny team and the fking chairman accepts the bids over my head haha

I’m looking at the AC Milan job now and tempted.

Might start a Ryhope save next and take them into Europe :lol:

We have a decent enough squad to get promoted first time imo. Last years version was like having a cheat playing is on league one, ridiculous :lol:

I’m about 7/8 years into my save, still in Croatia having won a couple of cups but not the league but I’m top after 16 games having won 16 this season.

Getting tired of losing every player now though, can’t do nowt as we are a tiny team and the fking chairman accepts the bids over my head haha

I’m looking at the AC Milan job now and tempted.

Might start a Ryhope save next and take them into Europe :lol:

was thinking about doing one of those saves using the database down to level 10 myself, in league 1 with south shields and want to win champions league first though. game feels dead easy from the low levels

Back