Football Manager 2022

Loving my save with La Nucia, two consecutive promotions. Lost out on top spot to Barcelona B (I mean, their squad had players easily Premier League standard, unfair!) Signed Josh Hawkes on a free and converted him to a Deep Lying Forward. Did okay but no great shakes, 10 goals.

Won the playoff, got really into it and was proper celebrating as came back from 2-1 down to win 3-2 in 110th minute in Extra Time.

Up to La Liga 2, first game of the season beat Ponferradina 3-1 with my 3-4-3 (3-2-2-1-2) I've been using from the start. Squad is weak and over budget on wages by £7k per week. Financial situation is fairly dire, so may not continue to be much fun. Will see how the season pans out and if I get any interesting offers.

After 2 promotions I'm not even in the fan's 'favoured personnel' - feeling a bit put out.
--X-X-X
X------X
---X-X
----X
---X-X

Is this the formation?

Third season and I've clinched a 3rd consecutive promotion with Telford, winning league 2 with a game to spare. The board have given me a budget of £167k for the new season, £300k less than last season the absolute fuckers! :lol: Mind you, in 3 seasons I've only actually paid for 2 players so maybe they assumed I wouldn't want it.

Well, into season 3 with Seaham and currently 3rd in Northern Prem (Level 7) on 11 games after 2 consecutive promotions. My squad is dreadful for this level, so once teams figure us out should be a sharp drop.

However, due to almost impossibility to sign anyone good enough and a problem with the custom DB (the National Leagues don't all go back to 24 teams after season 1, it's killed the immersion). I'm kind of losing interest.

Fancy my first ever international save, national team in Africa maybe then look for a club. Don't really want to give up on taking Seaham into the league tho 🤔
How are you managing to play as Seaham? Is it a certain mod?

--X-X-X
X------X
---X-X
----X
---X-X

Is this the formation?

yes mate

Logon or register to see this image

it's served me well, not a super tactic but plays to our strengths - playing on the counter.
How are you managing to play as Seaham? Is it a certain mod?

yeah mate, download here:

Last edited:
I'm actually feeling distraught. Finished 4th after a great season and in playoffs.. beat Las Palmas 2-1 then drew 1-1 to advance.

Beat 3rd placed Leganes 1-0. Second leg my top scorer, 17 year old regen Damian Roman missed 2 one on ones. (We missed 4 throughout the game). 0-0 going towards 90, went all out defense and low and behold 92nd minute they lump a ball into the box and their striker outjumps the defence - goes straight through the keeper.

VAR check. Reprieve? No, awarded. 1-0 defeat and Leganes promoted as they finished 3rd and were the higher seed.

Into my 5th season with York and the first season in League 1. First season in the Conference North I won the league, then second season got beat in the playoffs after a collapse having being in the top 2 all season. Next season won the Conference with 107 points but only won it by about 5 points. And the last season just scraped 3rd to go up to League 1.

Managed to get the likes of Pritchard and Stanislas when I was in the Conference.

Team at the minute is

Paul Woolston-Signed in the conference

Dante Casanova-young lad on a free from Spurs got cracking stats
Curtis Tilt
Jacob Beadeau
Denver Hume

George marsh
Alex Pritchard

Cal Roberts
Chuks Aneke
Shilow Tracey

Tolaj

Started off the season with a 4-0 defeat to Pompey then beat Coventry 5-0 at home.

Started a game with Wrexham, signed a few frees that were league 2 and league 1 standard.

Currently in November and won all games bar 1. My goal difference is something like +34 only conceded 4 in total.

It’s mad reporting to Ryan Reynolds !!

After disappointment of missing out on promotion doing much better than expected. Top and unbeaten in La Liga 2 after 12 games. Mental on a £62k per year wage budget. No way have we got the infrastructure for La Liga. Having to have a new ground built (10k capacity) to meet La Liga 2 regulations.

Been offered job by Getafe. Bottom of La Liga but early days. Decent club, great facilities but poor budgets. Not sure whether to:

a) stick and try to achieve promotion
b) stay and see if I get any better offers
c) take a big step up with Getafe

Looking at getting this, cheapest place to get it?

Got an older MacBook pro
2.2 GHz quad core intel core i7
16gb 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel iris pro 1536 MB

I’ve tried a few times with footy man but can’t get into it, I get overwhelmed with the sheer size of it :lol:

Has anyone ever had a good season then new season you can't buy a win?

I know it usually happens when you buy too many players but my team was pretty settled and I added 3 players to improve the starting 11 finished 5th on prem. Now winless in an easy opening 5 gamea of the new season.

Is this legit like? Saves a tenner buying it on steam
Nvm the cünts not for Mac :lol:
Started pre season with the lads. KLD only with the 200k wage budget the tight sod. Hoping to shift obrien and 1 other to free up some funds. Bought in Potts from Luton and hoping to sign a winger called Jota but he’s had offers from Cardiff.
Set my staff to handle all the training etc as I haven’t a scoobie.
Pre season going well though, playing 4-3-3 tika taka. Players are knackered though and a lot of them are high risk of injury so I’ve set my physio to handle rest.

Last edited:

Is this legit like? Saves a tenner buying it on steam

Nvm the cünts not for Mac :lol:
Started pre season with the lads. KLD only with the 200k wage budget the tight sod. Hoping to shift obrien and 1 other to free up some funds. Bought in Potts from Luton and hoping to sign a winger called Jota but he’s had offers from Cardiff.
Set my staff to handle all the training etc as I haven’t a scoobie.
Pre season going well though, playing 4-3-3 tika taka. Players are knackered though and a lot of them are high risk of injury so I’ve set my physio to handle rest.
I’ve signed that Jota before he’s tremendous ! Ross Stewart will become a beast, he scored like 35 goals in league 1 in my safc save.

Got offered the Sevilla job so left Telford sitting 3rd in League One. It's December so the transfer window is about to open and the board have given me £11m to spend...all the players I've scouted who would improve the team are over £100m! :lol: Squad is decent enough to climb the league a bit and I've revamped the coaching staff and have the highest average for every category in the division which always makes a huge difference.

He’s signed for Cardiff :(

Played 5 won 5 top of the league then I’ve just drawn at home to bottom of the league Accrington. Players are getting injured and fatigued. Dan Neil wants to fuck of also.
Dan Neil kept whinging on mine as teams like Hoffenheim were throwing in 150k bids, had to offer him a bumper contract to shut up 😂

Wheels have fairly come off like. I was battering teams to start but drawn 3 and lost 2 in last 5. Don’t know why but they’ve suddenly stopped playing well.
Wheels are back on. I think. After a run of 1 defeat and 3 1-1 draws (Ross wannabe), beat Rotherham at home 2-0, drew 1-1 at home to Oxford and just beat Bromley 6-1 in first round of FA cup. Ross Stewart has fractured his arm though so out for 5-6 weeks.

Dan Neil is a prick, wants to leave and won’t discuss new contract, still having to give him game time though as lacking options with the games coming thick and fast.

Brought in a 29 year old Icelandic winger/striker called Bodmassen (spelling?)
He’s been shite for ages but just scored a first half hatrick against Bromley so hoping that perks him up. Got nee choice as got no one else to replace Stewart :lol:

Got all my staff sorting the training etc as I have no idea how to do it, or how to utilise the data centre.

Last edited:
Got promoted first time of asking via the Playoffs so Premier League football is back for the lads!

Worried about how I’m going to get a serviceable team together. Hoping the free market pays dividends like it last time with Ashley Barnes, Christian Kabasele and Emre Mor.

Trying to resign Cirkin and Doyle but not sure if it’s a wise use of a paltry £34M.

Wey ya fucka, 2nd season with the lads, sat in 2nd in the championship. Last game of the season at home to 8th placed west brom, bottled it and got beat 2-1 and then stuffed 5-2 in the subsequent play offs by blackburn. Following season club reduced player sales revenue to 25% and gave me a 1.9m transfer budget. Asked for a certain player to be signed and KLD told me where to gan, spat the dummy and resigned.

Managed to blag the Villareal job, sacked most of the staff (assistant manager, head of youth development, coaches and technical director) and brought in my own. Won first game at home to Ath Madrid 1-0, shite performance like but its 3 points.

Theyve gave me 35m to spend and got 30k wages to play with so may have to play with that or shift someone one. Got a highly rated left winger that valued at 60m so may flog him and re-invest.

Back