Football Manager 2022

I'm playing him on the left wing as an inside forward, hes doing ok but nothing amazing, two new wingers are what will take me to the next level I think, hes probably the weakest first teamer I have
He did me proud until I purchased Semenyo from Bristol City and couldn't give him the amount of playing time he wanted. Playing him on the left is confusing though... (can't work out why LJ does it in real life... the man has no left foot).
Aidan O'Brien was cracking on the left for me.

He did me proud until I purchased Semenyo from Bristol City and couldn't give him the amount of playing time he wanted. Playing him on the left is confusing though... (can't work out why LJ does it in real life... the man has no left foot).
Aidan O'Brien was cracking on the left for me.

On the left so he can cut in on his stronger right foot as an inside forward

Got Telford promoted through the playoffs in my first season despite the expectation being to avoid relegation. Started the season sluggishly then had a terrible run in January (p6 w0 d1 l5) and was lying 13th so figured I’d be looking forward to another season in the division but went on an obscene run without losing until the end of the season and ended up 2nd only 1 point behind the leaders. Breezed the play offs, not sure if it was players becoming more familiar with tactics or young players improving. Thankfully the 3 best perm players I brought in were on 2 year deals and I’ve extended the 3 best loans for next season. My signing strategy will be the same as it was the previous season, get any free transfer who’s interested on trial and try to sign the better ones. Already signed a few players, Lee Camp in goal ( :lol: ), a half decent full back and a winger. The board wouldn’t let me go full time which was a massive kick in the balls.

Season 3 Leeds United manager and expected to gain automatic promotion with a £90m Budget. Playing a new formation of Tiki taka 4-3-3 Narrow with no wingers.
Leeds already sold Raphina, Cooper, Phillips, Klich, Llorente, Mccalmont, Strujik, Firpo and Koch when they were first relegated.

First day in the job and had a queue of players wanting to leave the club, Stuart Dallas, Patrick Bamford, Dan James, Rodrigo and Meslier all moaning.

Managed to talk Bamford, Rodrigo and Meslier into staying as long as I gain promotion this year. Didnt really wanna blow the budget as Im trying to keep money back for next year,

Players out
Dan James (Palace) £17.5m
Stuart Dallas (Norwich) £15m
Jack Harrison (everton) £21m
Luke Ayling (Fiorentina) £5m
Helder Costa (Rapid Vienna £2.5m)

Players in
Nketiah (Arsenal) £13m
O' Connell (sheff utd) £2.5m
Rodek (fulham) £500k
Tyrick Mitchell (palace) £20m
Rob Holding (arsenal) agreed fee after loan £10.75m
Matt Smith (man city) free
AGUSTIN ALVAREZ (PENAROL) £2.5M (POSSIBLY MY GREATEST EVER SIGNING IN 25 YEARS OF FOOTY MANAGER
Colin Dagba (PSG) £700k
Logan Pye (man u) £400k
Tayo Adaramola (Palace) Loan
John Fleck (sheff utd) free
Steven Sessegnon (Fulham) £825k
Bright Arrey-Mbi (Bayern) £300k He is gonna be a brilliant signing and partners up well with Cresswell
Mickael Cuisance (Bayern) £700k
Enzo Le fee (FC lorient) £9.5m (Future Michel Platini)

Now In January window sitting top of the league on 75 points and only lost 2 games. As mentioned Alvarez is a monster and banging them in for fun 27 goals in 23 games so far.
The new tactic is working well with a 7-0 opening game win over Fulham. 7-3
Big wins over Peterborough, Barnsley, Bournemouth, Forest, Coventry, Sunderland, West brom, Brentford, Middlesbrough, Sheff Utd followed. Despite Having no wingers Im performing brilliantly, Manager of the month on 4 occasions.

Looking to pad the u23's team out with decent young players in this window who will hopefully progress into next seasons squad in the premiership and allow me to register 25 decent players. Looking at italy, Germany, France, Portugal teams for any available u23 players for decent price tags.
Leeds young players are all improving week upon week, rotating Charlie Cresswell, Joe Geldhart, Bogusz, Jamie Shackleton, Lewis Bate, Sam Greenwood getting good game time.

(Season 3 Part write up to follow)
(Season 3 part 2)

Finished the season as champions and broke the records for most points in a season (111 points) Most league wins (35) and the most goals in a season (123). Alvarez bagging 35 goals from 41 starts finishing championship golden boot winner. Sam Greenwood chipped in with 15 goals and Nketiah on fire with 25 goals in his first season. Bamford and Rodrigo moaned all the way until we were made champions then decided they wanted to stay, tuff shit I already had agreed signings of 2 strikers, both being highly rated by my scouts and also wanted by the euro and premiership big boys. Benjamin Sesko (£10m) a 6ft 4 Striker and Lorenzo Lucca (£15m and 56 goals in 2 seasons) a 6ft 7 target man.

I have been tasked with avoiding relegation this year which I think I can do quite easily with what I have at my disposal. I have brught in 2 young central midfielders in Neil and Veloso to use as back up and cup game lineups. £43m transfer budget and have just had youth and training facilities all upgraded. Hoping to shift Bamford too as he no longer features in my line ups other than a sub and is on big wages and also Podence and Shashoua as they were signed before I joined the club and dont feature in my plans. Lots of interest in Meslier my keeper, and Bogusz, Cresswell and Shackleton three of my brightest academy prospects but not wanting to sell.

Players in:

Sesko from RB Salzburg £10m
Lucca from Pisa £15m
Dan Neil from Gods country £1.7m
Joao Veloso from Benfica £1m
Tai Sodje from Man city £1.3m
Giorgio Mamardashvili Free agent
James Garner Man Utd free agent
Domagoj Braderic £2m

Players out:

Felipe roman £4m to Cinncinati
Iago to hoffenheim £10m
Facundo Mura £6m Wolfsburg
Benicio baker Boaltey to Norwich £5m
Rodrigo to Levante £4.7m
Fleck £250k to Blackburn

Still gonna stick with the 4-3-3 Narrow tactic and see where we are come October time.

Updates to follow

Spurs activated the buy back clause for Cirkin, but they have let me keep him on loan for the next season. Thought I would be getting 6 million for him, but because they have a 40% sell on clause they get 2.4 million of their own money back :lol:

Walked away with the L1 title with Derby, 94pts added some championship+ class to the squad Ricky-Jade Jones and Rhian Brewster(£500k with Sheff Utd paying £24k a week towards his wage) during the January window Brewster only wanted a 6mth contract so added a further 3yrs after promotion to it :) Ellis Simms banging in 36 in 35 games too :cool:

Squad was already very good going into the championship but added these after promotion

Denins Cirkin £2.5m
Luke Matheson £600k
Charlie Setford £2.5m
Pape Matar Sarr (free)

Spurs activated the buy back clause for Cirkin, but they have let me keep him on loan for the next season. Thought I would be getting 6 million for him, but because they have a 40% sell on clause they get 2.4 million of their own money back :lol:
They did the same to me. I went out and spent heavily on an upgrade on the position as it was close to deadline day. Then after my transfer had gone through, Cirkin decided he wanted to stay and rejected the contract offer.

Oh and if having two top class left backs wasn't enough, the game made Cirkin unhappy because he wants to join Spurs

Got Telford promoted through the playoffs in my first season despite the expectation being to avoid relegation. Started the season sluggishly then had a terrible run in January (p6 w0 d1 l5) and was lying 13th so figured I’d be looking forward to another season in the division but went on an obscene run without losing until the end of the season and ended up 2nd only 1 point behind the leaders. Breezed the play offs, not sure if it was players becoming more familiar with tactics or young players improving. Thankfully the 3 best perm players I brought in were on 2 year deals and I’ve extended the 3 best loans for next season. My signing strategy will be the same as it was the previous season, get any free transfer who’s interested on trial and try to sign the better ones. Already signed a few players, Lee Camp in goal ( :lol: ), a half decent full back and a winger. The board wouldn’t let me go full time which was a massive kick in the balls.
Just sold my best player to Portsmouth for £130k...no chance he was staying part time in the conference when a championship club put a bid in. He was already unhappy because I promised to sign a left back last season but couldn't find one for love nor money. Players and fans are now kicking off that he's been sold, the game needs to get a grip of reality at times like.

Signed Billy Greulich-Smith on loan from Shildon for Seaham, banged in 6 in 8 games and we were doing great. Then out of nowhere was recalled for us 'breaking the loan agreement' (I wasn't aware there was one).

Still, 2nd with 15 games left. Unlikely promotion is on!

3 seasons in with spurs, finished 5th first season, finished 3rd second season with 88 points. Currently top after 9 games with 23 points, however Liverpool and Man Utd are just complete and utter freaks, you think you’re close to them and then next thing they’re 11 points clear.

Sold all my fringe players to the mags, didn’t take dele though the wankers

3 seasons in with spurs, finished 5th first season, finished 3rd second season with 88 points. Currently top after 9 games with 23 points, however Liverpool and Man Utd are just complete and utter freaks, you think you’re close to them and then next thing they’re 11 points clear.

Sold all my fringe players to the mags, didn’t take dele though the wankers
Still got Dane Scarlett ? If so how’s he doing for you ?

Just signed him on my journeyman save for newly promoted Derby for £10m he looks quality though 24yr old

Just started season 6 and still have a good group of original Sunderland players (albeit a lot less now)...

Season 4 - Qualified for Euro Cup
Season 5 - Won Euro Cup and qualified for Champions League
Season 6 - Just played second group game in Champs League against Borussia Dortmund and beat them 3-0 at home. Man of the Match Dan Neil but also had Embleton on the scoresheet and former loanee Semenyo. Rounding out the Sunderland connection is Cirkin (Spurs keep trying to activate that £6m clause, and he keeps turning them down), Doyle (just signed him permanently from City after 2 seasons away) and Alves Ibsen (absolute beast)...

Got promoted from League 1 in first season

Signed Tom Lawrence, Jordan Ayew, Anthony Elang (loan), Shola Shoretire (loan), Marcus Bettinelli, Conor Hourihane. Norwich were 16 points clear going into the final 12 games, Newcastle second and 5 points ahead of me in third. We went on an insane run and they capitulated, resulting in us needing to win the final game by three clear goals to clinch the title. They won 1-0 we won 4-0 and won the title on goals scored (we were level on goal difference).

Also, Newcastle lost in the playoff final for another season in Championship. Greatest ending to any FM season I've had. Unreal.

First season in Prem, played 2, won 1, lost 1

Brought in Adam Idah (10 million)
Joe Bursik (5 rising to 10 million)
Callum Doyle (4 million)
Troy Parrot (loan)
Anthony Elanga (loan)
Shola Shorerite (loan)

And a few younger foreign regens who all look decent

Back