Football Manager 2022

I mean, I kna I'm 37, and social media is the devil...but I love the interactions off this game 😅

Replied to a tweet about 'most reliable player' on FM save, saying mine was Bora Barry for my La Nucia save (he helped us up from 4th division to La Liga and was my captain) and get a response off him. Their striker, Mariano Sanz, has just followed me. Hahaha. Half of me feels sad as owt, half of me is buzzing.

Haven't got the heart to tell them I've sacked 'em off for Real Sociedad like.

KLD hates affiliate clubs, I've only got 4 and he won't let me have any more as "we already have too many", I had more than 10 on last years game :(

Decided to start a new Sunderland save with a Bilbao esque scenario. I’m not signing any players and will rely on youths only, got promoted first season and mid table second second in the championship. 41 year old Defoe is still running the line and doing well but is retiring so I think it’ll be the big task of Harris next year.

My next youth intake has apparently 4 A rated players coming through which could be game changing.

Not buying 2022, waste of money. when they improve the M.E. I'll have a luke.

In the meantime. What's your biggest transfer fee received in FM 20/21/22 so far? Also your biggest transfer spend on a player.

I paid 120m for Raul a LWB (I was drunk again) but he is 194 CA/PA and sold Gaultier for 143m

Someone has done a 1992 database. Just loaded it up to give it a go. Bob Murray has given us 2 million with an aim of a mid table finish. Big bad Don is our only striker, though we do have a 14 yr old bridges and a young Russell in the squad.

Someone has done a 1992 database. Just loaded it up to give it a go. Bob Murray has given us 2 million with an aim of a mid table finish. Big bad Don is our only striker, though we do have a 14 yr old bridges and a young Russell in the squad.
2 million budget. We can only dream of a budget like that these days.

I’ve just downloaded the Level 10 patch and Real Team Names patch earlier. Going to do the badges later and then start with Sunderland West End and make them mighty.
Edit: can’t download the badges due to copyright.

Last edited:
Do you have a link to that database mate?
It's on the steam workshop. Go to footy manager, then community then from the workshop it's the one by someone called the mad scientist. Just click on subscribe in steam. Then select the database when you start your new save
It's on the steam workshop. Go to footy manager, then community then from the workshop it's the one by someone called the mad scientist. Just click on subscribe in steam. Then select the database when you start your new save

First seen it on here

First seen it on here
Cheers

How many years in have you got? You're screwed without good youth intakes I imagine?

Just started season 4, quite lucky in most the current squad are still playing a lower champ/mid table level. I’ve had 3 youth intakes and they’ve all had good potential 4/5 stars for atleast 3 players. There is times you’ll get battered as I’ll have to play a 1 star current ability player but the hope is they’ll blossom into a decent ish player.

I usually ask for the youth recruitment to be upgraded once a season and so far it keeps going up.
Embleton is my best player and can improve to be a premier league player.

Huggins can play in literally any position, I’ve played him upfront, right back, left back, cdm… he’s a proper utility man.

Roberts I retrained to be a attacking forward and he’s class, just gave him a 5 year deal, he scored 15 goals in the champ.

Cirkin is a top quality left back with premier league upside but spurs keep trying to buy him for 6 mil, so I’ve had to give him several new deals, he’s my captain etc..

Matete is an absolute monster at cm and is already top class for championship, unfortunately he is like lee cattermole reincarnated as he just loves a red card.

I have 6 players with a 5* potential who have came through so the hope is in a few years I can launch a premier league promotion challenge. I desperately need a centre back to come through as that’s my problem soon enough. I have baath and Willis playing but after that it’s almond who isn’t the best and the youths.

Thanks for listening to my rambling, I’m really enjoying this save! :)

Just started season 4, quite lucky in most the current squad are still playing a lower champ/mid table level. I’ve had 3 youth intakes and they’ve all had good potential 4/5 stars for atleast 3 players. There is times you’ll get battered as I’ll have to play a 1 star current ability player but the hope is they’ll blossom into a decent ish player.

I usually ask for the youth recruitment to be upgraded once a season and so far it keeps going up.
Embleton is my best player and can improve to be a premier league player.

Huggins can play in literally any position, I’ve played him upfront, right back, left back, cdm… he’s a proper utility man.

Roberts I retrained to be a attacking forward and he’s class, just gave him a 5 year deal, he scored 15 goals in the champ.

Cirkin is a top quality left back with premier league upside but spurs keep trying to buy him for 6 mil, so I’ve had to give him several new deals, he’s my captain etc..

Matete is an absolute monster at cm and is already top class for championship, unfortunately he is like lee cattermole reincarnated as he just loves a red card.

I have 6 players with a 5* potential who have came through so the hope is in a few years I can launch a premier league promotion challenge. I desperately need a centre back to come through as that’s my problem soon enough. I have baath and Willis playing but after that it’s almond who isn’t the best and the youths.

Thanks for listening to my rambling, I’m really enjoying this save! :)
Good read mate, I'm definitely going to do a Barcelona one and stick to only using my academy or players born in catalunya. I imagine it'll be quite difficult to compete at the top level but shoukd get decent youth intakes hopefully.

I’ve just downloaded the Level 10 patch and Real Team Names patch earlier. Going to do the badges later and then start with Sunderland West End and make them mighty.
Edit: can’t download the badges due to copyright.
Didn’t start with West End as they were over their wage budget to start with of £347pw. Starting with 6 players would have made the save unplayable from the off.

I went with Chester-le-Street instead, also of Level 10 (Northern Football League Division 2). Long story short, got stronger as the season went on constantly wheeling and dealing. Ended up in the playoffs, of which I won and couldn’t wait to go into the next season. 25th of June hit and when it updates with the new season and all of your fixtures etc, I remained placed in the same division. Absolute shockwaves rippled through me and I couldn’t believe it. I’ve done thorough investigation into what’s happened and Greenwich of LONDON have went from not being in a division to taking my place in Northern Football League Division One, as a new side into the playable leagues.

It must be some sort of glitch and I can’t believe I was robbed. I’ve cracked on and am running away with it this season so will be better equipped when I (rightfully and) eventually go up. The clubs vision just simply reverted back to getting promoted but the wage budget which was doubled, remained in place helping matters this season.

Anyone else ever had anything bizarre like that happen?

Didn’t start with West End as they were over their wage budget to start with of £347pw. Starting with 6 players would have made the save unplayable from the off.

I went with Chester-le-Street instead, also of Level 10 (Northern Football League Division 2). Long story short, got stronger as the season went on constantly wheeling and dealing. Ended up in the playoffs, of which I won and couldn’t wait to go into the next season. 25th of June hit and when it updates with the new season and all of your fixtures etc, I remained placed in the same division. Absolute shockwaves rippled through me and I couldn’t believe it. I’ve done thorough investigation into what’s happened and Greenwich of LONDON have went from not being in a division to taking my place in Northern Football League Division One, as a new side into the playable leagues.

It must be some sort of glitch and I can’t believe I was robbed. I’ve cracked on and am running away with it this season so will be better equipped when I (rightfully and) eventually go up. The clubs vision just simply reverted back to getting promoted but the wage budget which was doubled, remained in place helping matters this season.

Anyone else ever had anything bizarre like that happen?
It'll be an issue with using an unofficial database rather than a software bug I'd imagine. Happens sometimes with the unofficial league packs

Back