Football Manager 2022

Just got to January and after 27 games i'm top, 10 points ahead of Lincoln but they have a game in hand. P27 W19 D6 L2 GS55 GA29

I've copied my FM21 tactics with an Attacking, Gegenpress - 4-2-3-1 and it's working well at the minute.
Stewart has been brilliant as the lone striker and is top scorer in the league with 18, even though he's just gone 11 hours without a goal.

Haven't signed anyone, struggling to find players under £400k that will be decent in the championship so haven't bothered yet.
Only outgoing is Xhemaji agreeing a contract with someone so he leaves for a small fee in the summer.

Beaten 4-1 by N. Forest in the 2nd round of the league cup.
Still in the FA Cup, Bristol City at home in the next round.

I'm enjoying it so far but there are a few bugs that need sorting.
As someone else mentioned earlier, too many long range 'worldies' from the opposition. We'll be dominating and then suddenly, out of nowhere - 40 yard screamer.
My automatic subs don't work either. If i click to make a sub that my assistant has recommended it doesn't actually change the players, just lose the substitution and habe to do it myself

Promoted in second behind Ipswich.

Leading for most of the season but had a shite run in with injuries. Full on Jack Ross 1-1derland mode.

Now can’t get a work permit to keep Thorben Hoffmann and Leon Dajaku ffs.

Leading for most of the season but had a shite run in with injuries. Full on Jack Ross 1-1derland mode.

I'm about 15 games in and top by two points but there is only 4 points between me and 7th. Enjoying it so far.

Hoffman has been class for me. But Dajaku just steady away. How have they been for you?

Last edited:
Had Carlisle punching above their weight in the playoffs but it's all fallen apart since March. Lost 5-0 to 23rd in the league Scunthorpe despite having 24 shots and an xg of 2.5
Not to mention I Sunderland swooped and nicked a free transfer I had lined up and was previously happy to join me.

Last edited:
Started a game off with Sunderland. Won 3 out of 4 in the league so far, into the 3rd round of the League Cup and just got walloped 6-4 at home off Man Utd U23s in the Checkatrade who had Greenwood up front. Brought in Privat a striker on free, Edozie winger from Man City on loan, Elmo on a free and some Scottish lad called Robbie Deas for 20k. Only sold O’Brien for 100k. Had a few offers for Dan Neill from German clubs aswell

Well, plunging in today. Tonbridge Angels, National League South to Premier.

Only thing is I've done the real name fix and it's left me with no club nicknames, small detail but hate that

Went up top with 106 points, but 18 points clear. Got £4.4m and same as @Charmless Man couldn't get work permits for the foreign lads.

The pool of players that were interested in coming was poor like. Then I got approached by West ham who had just been relegated with £40m to spend:eek: thinking that one over

Went up top with 106 points, but 18 points clear. Got £4.4m and same as @Charmless Man couldn't get work permits for the foreign lads.

The pool of players that were interested in coming was poor like. Then I got approached by West ham who had just been relegated with £40m to spend:eek: thinking that one over

Lys Mousset strung me along back end of the season like the little slag.

Agent was telling me he was interested then when I came to offer him a contract at the end of his deal he fucked me off :lol:

No idea how I’ll do in the Champ. Cirkin, Huggins, Neil and Embo develop into good players over the season like so the core of a decent side is there.

Last edited:
Lys Mousset strung me along back end of the season like the little slag.

Agent was telling me he was interested then when I came to offer him a contract at the end of his deal he fucked me off :lol:

No idea how I’ll do in the Champ. Cirkin, Huggins, Neil and Embo develop into good players over the season like so the core of a decent side is there.
I took the west ham job on the eve of season :neutral: still had rice and zouma etc in the championship ffs.

I signed stewart for 750k after he scored 47 for me in L1. Fans moaned but he has 6 in first 3 games :lol: he's a machine!

Haven't really got going yet, started with a 3-3 draw with Wigan after being 3-0 inside 30 minutes, then a loss to MK dons and then 2 wins against Burton & AFC Wimbledon. Currently mid table.

Signed Gio Dos Santos on a free, Eppiah who is keeping Stewart out the team & Elanaga on loan.

I took the west ham job on the eve of season :neutral: still had rice and zouma etc in the championship ffs.

I signed stewart for 750k after he scored 47 for me in L1. Fans moaned but he has 6 in first 3 games :lol: he's a machine!

What are you doing to get that kind of output from Stewart? He got 22 in the league for me which I thought was fantastic :lol:

Just hit early crosses?

What are you doing to get that kind of output from Stewart? He got 22 in the league for me which I thought was fantastic :lol:

Just hit early crosses?
Hit early crosses mainly aye. I think heading is overpowered at the moment and need toning down. I also press high up the field so he never really drops deep. I would also recommend having him attack far post on corners.

3 consecutive promotions with Guiseley on my save (I've got Covid and stuck in the house, so all I've done is play it for the last 4 days :lol:)

Just had the maddest L2 play off final

They had a man sent off in the 16th minute. I missed a penalty, then scored from the rebound. Gave away a pen, which they scored. Went to ET, and I have a goal disallowed for offside. Then my sub (who's been with me since Conference North) scored twice in 2 minutes, then I had 2 player sent off in 2 minutes.

Logon or register to see this image

Well my game now suddenly won't even start when pressing play on steam. Was working fine until today. Had to raise it on sigames forum for them to investigate.

Have they patched it overnight or something?! Gone from walking it and Stewart getting at least a goal a game to struggling to even get a shot in and having a man sent off four games in a row! 2 sent off in the fourth!
Update: I’ve now had 7 red cards in the 6 games I played tonight. :lol:

Time to turn it off I think

Last edited:

Back