Football Manager 2022

Started a save with my West Yorkshire team, Guiseley AFC. Expected to avoid relegation and media prediction of 15th.

Started off terribly but on a 7 game win streak now and sitting 4th in the Conference North. Only signing I've made was to bring Harrison Sohna in on loan from the lads.

The match engine looks much smoother than last year, but the faces on the fictional staff/press in game are terrible. Hopefully that's something that's sorted with the full release.

How would I get the beta useless
With stuff like this still playing fm2020 so time for an upgrade
Easiest way is to use Steam imo. If you haven’t bought the game through their site before, just register, I’ve used it for going on 10yrs now I think. Then just search for the game in the store and once paid for on Steam, it will download to your computer.

11 games in and top, 4 points clear of Ipswich.

Love the data hub. Not sure if this was in the last version as I didn’t buy 21 but really enjoying it.

Player wise my top rated players are by average rating are:

Carl Winchester (7.4)
Frederik Alves (7.34)
Ross Stewart (7.3 and 5 league goals)
Aiden McGeady (7.3 and 4 league goals)
Julien Dacosta (7.16 - the new right back I’ve signed).

Dan Neil has had Daniel Farke watching him at the last few games :lol:

The issue i have with FM is that they don't put enough research and emphasis into clubs lower down the pyramid. The likes of Stewart, Neil and Hoffman (who have performed brilliantly in real life, showing great potential) should be replicated in the game. Instead it seems to be regens who are impossible to buy unless you have a war chest or the same clubs spending multi-millions every window. Everything i hate about modern football is actually replicated in the game, so it probably is realistic :lol:

Each team has it's own researcher who is generally a fan of the club who will watch majority of matches at senior and youth level. They aren't randomly generated attributes or owt like that. Chances are the Sunderland researcher will probably post on here.

Last year I started a save in the beta with Spenny and regretted it about a season and a half in as more and more updates came out (including the full game). Going to go with Arsenal on this year's beta - see if I can win the Champions League before the full game is released.

Decent game for it being very early doors.

I think too many goals are from long range though
How good is Pritchard? Christ
Around 9 points clear after 15 games. Pritchard is unbelievable and stewart has 17 in 15.

Made a few transfers like.

Sold obrien.

Bought Ben Thompson -Millwall 300k
Allen from Coventry
Elanga - loan from man utd
Archer - loan from villa
Rodel Richards- free.

Last edited:
Never bothered with BETA before, usually wait till full game but this year I'm gonna do it.

Is it worth starting my long term save in the BETA version? Didn't manage in England in 21, so gonna start in Conference North/South.

Can anyone suggest a decent laptop to play this and do general use like Microsoft Office etc?

Back