Football Manager 2022

Signed Elmohamady and Wisdom both on frees. We are lacking a little in defence, Flanagan is crap and is listed at the start and Doyle is probably not ready yet, obviously with Willis and Xhemajli both long term injuries then a CB was a priority.

played 3 friendlies so far. drew with QPR and bristol city at home and thumped darlington away 6-2. just about to pay burnley at home now (got 6 friendlies in total)

Signed Elmohamady and Wisdom both on frees. We are lacking a little in defence, Flanagan is crap and is listed at the start and Doyle is probably not ready yet, obviously with Willis and Xhemajli both long term injuries then a CB was a priority.

played 3 friendlies so far. drew with QPR and bristol city at home and thumped darlington away 6-2. just about to pay burnley at home now (got 6 friendlies in total)
I have signed Fabio Contraeo on a free. :lol:

match engine seems a lot smoother, even though my macbook only had 1 star rating for the graphics. definitely can see an improvement on player movement. the weekly staff meetings seem decent as well.
beat wigan 1-0 in first league game. dejaku probably been a standout player so far. Elmohamady looks an excellent signing for this level as well.

struggling to get stewart going and now he's out for 3 weeks. Broadhead and O'Brien have been poor so far so one of them needs to step up.

Last edited:

I beat Darlington 6-2 as well :lol:

Downloaded it last night, only got as far as setting up some tactics and an inter squad friendly. Will have a proper go tonight after work.
KLD is expecting we reach the 4th round FA Cup as a minimum!

Was going to wait til full release, but I'm currently having to isolate with Covid so I've got it downloading. Will give me something to fill the weekend with while I miss the match.

Think I'll do my usual Sunderland save to get to grips with the game then have a go at a non league long term save.

Played through the last few pre season games and the first game of the season this morning.

Nice 1-0 win against Wigan (Cirkin cross for Stewart to nod in). Only made one signing - some French right back so I can use O’Nien and Winchester properly, and let Huggins cover both FB positions.

Not sure I’ll sign any more. I feel like the squad is actually very decent with Arby due to come back relatively soon.

Pritchard looks a class player but predictably injury prone.

Played through the last few pre season games and the first game of the season this morning.

Nice 1-0 win against Wigan (Cirkin cross for Stewart to nod in). Only made one signing - some French right back so I can use O’Nien and Winchester properly, and let Huggins cover both FB positions.

Not sure I’ll sign any more. I feel like the squad is actually very decent with Arby due to come back relatively soon.

Pritchard looks a class player but predictably injury prone.
Whats dan neil and embo like on it?

Whats dan neil and embo like on it?

Embleton was injured for a fair bit of pre-season, so difficult to say. Replaced Pritchard in my first league game but was quiet. Stats look decent though.

Dan Neil I think is an accurate representation of his real life potential. Some very good passing during pre-season.

He’s wanted by Crystal Palace at the moment.

after beating wigan 1-0, we followed up with a loss to doncaster in carabao then a 1-0 loss away to MK dons. struggling in attack at the minute so going to have to tinker with tactics a little. seem harder than last couple years unless my current tactics are just woeful

after beating wigan 1-0, we followed up with a loss to doncaster in carabao then a 1-0 loss away to MK dons. struggling in attack at the minute so going to have to tinker with tactics a little. seem harder than last couple years unless my current tactics are just woeful

Played over lunch - beat Barnsley 3-0 in the cup, MK 4-2 in the league, then repeated the actual 1-0 loss to Burton that happened in real life :lol:

The issue i have with FM is that they don't put enough research and emphasis into clubs lower down the pyramid. The likes of Stewart, Neil and Hoffman (who have performed brilliantly in real life, showing great potential) should be replicated in the game. Instead it seems to be regens who are impossible to buy unless you have a war chest or the same clubs spending multi-millions every window. Everything i hate about modern football is actually replicated in the game, so it probably is realistic :lol:

Back