Football Manager 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Takeover at safc, David Sharpe in boosted my budget by 10 million think I save it for the championship, do you think I will get a small increase on it? Will 10 million be enough to challenge for play offs? Hopefully get 5 quality loans in.
I spent some of that budget I got from him, but only for about 6 million for the Championship. Probably best saving it for the Championship if you can

Takeover at safc, David Sharpe in boosted my budget by 10 million think I save it for the championship, do you think I will get a small increase on it? Will 10 million be enough to challenge for play offs? Hopefully get 5 quality loans in.
You’ll be able to get some ridiculous loan signings in the champo so wouldn’t worry about a budget like that. There’s usually a few decent free signings to be had as well.

EDIT: Read your post and thought you were already in the championship. For league 1 all you need is a couple of loan signings, and to cancel a couple of the shite ones already there.

Last edited:
You’ll be able to get some ridiculous loan signings in the champo so wouldn’t worry about a budget like that. There’s usually a few decent free signings to be had as well.

EDIT: Read your post and thought you were already in the championship. For league 1 all you need is a couple of loan signings, and to cancel a couple of the shite ones already there.
2nd place Ipswich top, look comfortable to go up automatically.

Downloaded from Xbox Game Pass to give it a blast.

There is a problem importing tactics, which is a ball ache.

Anyone else had this problem?

Finished another season with Kaiserslautern, we were promoted as champions pretty comfortably in the end. Surprisingly enough the DoF managed to well for us in the transfer market, including bringing in Taylor Richards from Brighton who ended up as our top scorer playing AMC or on the right wing. The DoF is absolutely shite at negotiating new contracts though and as such it’s meant we can only gets loans in for the new season because we’re already at our wage budget.

My name was linked to the Arsenal job when the season ended, I applied and had an interview but the job went to Patrick Vieira instead, their loss I guess.

Only brought in five loan signings in the transfer window, basically the best of the available wonderkids from the top teams. Won our first two games in the bundesliga with Richards scoring five goals in two games.

Sunderland update - they sacked Jan Siewart after not winning their first 12 league games and hired former Brighton defender Bruno. They were in the relegation places up until around the half way point in league 1. Amazingly they ended up in 8th with a mammoth 21 draws, leading to chants of are you Ross in disguise from the Sunderland faithful.

Loans unreal in league 1 Gerner, Jones from Liverpool, Connolly form Brighton, Gomes and Greenwood from Man U. Pretty unstoppable. Hopefully I can get some decent buys for the championship. How do you scout region’s? I want some Scandinavian bargains.

Loans unreal in league 1 Gerner, Jones from Liverpool, Connolly form Brighton, Gomes and Greenwood from Man U. Pretty unstoppable. Hopefully I can get some decent buys for the championship. How do you scout region’s? I want some Scandinavian bargains.

\You're limited where you can scout in League 1 because of your scouting budget. It is a pain in the arse.

Half way through my 3rd season with Samp and my team are finally performing. We sit 7th on 27 points (we only got 30 in the whole of last season).

It's hard to say exactly what has changed. Some shrewd transfer business was done - Alex Blesa from Levante for £1.9m has gone straight into my midfield and is playing well. Tosin Adarabioyo was a free transfer from Man City and is running my defence. But other players have finally lit up too. Ronaldo Vieira is finally performing to his best (and attracting interest from Arsenal as a result). Manolo Gabbiadini who has been shocking for 2 season, has scored 5 in 10 so far.

But I think the main change might just have been my assistant manager. The last bloke was poor and his contract expired. So I went out into the market to find someone who would give the players a good bollocking when required, motivate them when needed and was a winner. I appointed the only man for the job: Roy Keane!

I don't think there's much hope of me breaking into the top 6 (the european places) and Napoli are hot on my heels, but I'll be happy to finish this year in 8th given my previous seasons and expectations.

Ended up finishing the season in 10th. Happy enough with that given how competitive the league is. Mid-table expectations were met. I finished 31 points behind Champions Juve and 31 points clear of relegation. Some more wheeling and dealing in the January window saw me get rid of £4m worth of fringe players and bring in 30 year old Simone Zaza for £1.9m to give me some depth up front. 5 goals in his 13 games was a solid return for me.`

There was a 2nd takeover of the club in 2 years and this one has done a little bit more. They've thrown an extra £10m into the clubs bank account and spent £12.5m on the training facilities. They did threaten to replace me with my under 18's manager (who I hired!) and let my contract run down to it's last week, but they finally saw sense and gave me a new 2 year deal.

A few updates from around my fm world:

Cristiano Ronaldo at 37 won player of the year again scoring 25 goals. He's taken a pay cut though, going from £950k a week to £550k a week! :lol:
Roma gambled on a manager choice and gave it to club legend Daniele De Rossi. They sacked him within 6 months and finished 11th this season.

Biggest transfers each year so far:

2019: Francis Coquelin - £41m - Valencia to Man City :lol: (He moved to Napoli for £10m within 18 months)
2020: Jadon Sancho - £97m - Dortmund to Arsenal! :-O (They still failed to qualify for the Champions League)
2021: Kai Havertz - £100m - Leverkusen to Liverpool

Sunderland:
Promoted as Champions first season
Sat comfortably in mid table in the Championship the last 2 years
Sacked Phil Parkinson half way through the 2nd season and hired Nigel Clough
Tommy Smith (the random former Ipswich centre back we picked up in January irl) is now the club captain!
Stewart Donald sold the club to a local business man in year 1.

The mags were taken over and floated on the stock exchange. They hired Brendan Rodgers as manager and spent £94m on players. Then they got relegated :lol: So there's a derby in the Championship next season.

One of the best regen names I've ever come across.

Last edited:
I've just been promoted for 2nd season in a row this time beating Wigan in the playoff final, I've been given £34m to spend so need to wheel and deal a bit as my safc squad needs some improving. My best players last season in championship were all loans, Parrott (again) from Spurs, then 3 from City, Adaribiyo (sp?) , Tommy Doyle and Jayden Braaf, I enquired about signing them but city want over £100m for each of them 😳

Thinking about doing an academy only save but not sure which country to do it in. Don’t fancy any of the major leagues but don’t want somewhere too small where it’ll be impossible to end up winning the champions league.

Thinking about doing an academy only save but not sure which country to do it in. Don’t fancy any of the major leagues but don’t want somewhere too small where it’ll be impossible to end up winning the champions league.

Belgium

just bought this as havent had it for years, confused a bit, hate foing all the tactic things, also in the game when i want to change from 1 formation to another (example 4-4-2 to 5-4-1) i cant figure out how to do it so correct players go into the extra position.

last time i played it was just a case of making sub, clicking the player and dragging them but in this one you cant seem to do that during match.

A lazy way is just perv about U19 to 21 national squads every now and then anyone wanted by huge or decent clubs get them scouted. Also have a quick blast through senior squads you might find some regen 17yr old say from the Czech Rep with a handful of caps and good career stats that might indicate hes special

One of the best regen names I've ever come across.
Make a good username for on here that :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Can anybody recommend any good fullbacks for safc in second season in the championship?
I signed Perry Ng from crewe in 1st season and he was superb for me in championship 2nd season, I also wanted Harry Pickering from crewe but a transfer embargo prevented me from getting him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back