Football Manager 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had an absolutely unbelievable end to the season with Syrianska, so much so I resigned not long after because it wouldn’t get much better than the way the season ended :lol:

We went into the last game of the season one point ahead of Norrkoping who had gone the entire season unbeaten. After 88 minutes both our games were level meaning we were on course to win the title. They scored an 89th minute winner to put us down to second and I thought that was it. 92 minutes into our game our top scorer and signing in the summer from Norrkoping scores and we win the league by one point in the last minute of the final day of the season.

I continued on until the Europa League II group fixtures were done which we qualified for the knockout stages for, but called it a day after that as cracking the champions league would be too much work and effort when I wanted this to be a career where I moved clubs every so often.

Not long after I left, the Kaiserslautern job became available as they were bottom of the 2. Bundesliga. I applied for and got the job, only played two games but won them both and are now outside the relegation places. I’m also using this job to experiment with a DoF so I’ve given him free reign to make whatever signings he wants and see what we bring in.

Took Gateshead to the Prem and the club decided to build a new stadium. Instead of naming it after the manager who took them from the Conference North to the Prem and instead named it the James Curtis Stadium :)

Had an absolutely unbelievable end to the season with Syrianska, so much so I resigned not long after because it wouldn’t get much better than the way the season ended :lol:

We went into the last game of the season one point ahead of Norrkoping who had gone the entire season unbeaten. After 88 minutes both our games were level meaning we were on course to win the title. They scored an 89th minute winner to put us down to second and I thought that was it. 92 minutes into our game our top scorer and signing in the summer from Norrkoping scores and we win the league by one point in the last minute of the final day of the season.

I continued on until the Europa League II group fixtures were done which we qualified for the knockout stages for, but called it a day after that as cracking the champions league would be too much work and effort when I wanted this to be a career where I moved clubs every so often.

Not long after I left, the Kaiserslautern job became available as they were bottom of the 2. Bundesliga. I applied for and got the job, only played two games but won them both and are now outside the relegation places. I’m also using this job to experiment with a DoF so I’ve given him free reign to make whatever signings he wants and see what we bring in.
What season you in ? Kevin Ehlers (Dynamo Dresden) is a good young CB and probably get him quite cheap. Hes a solid Bundesliga player for me

What season you in ? Kevin Ehlers (Dynamo Dresden) is a good young CB and probably get him quite cheap. Hes a solid Bundesliga player for me
23/24 season now. I’m letting the DoF sign all kinds of shite because I can’t be arsed spending hours scouting players :lol:

Finish the previous season in 11th with Kaiserslautern, our form from when I took over had us in the top four so hoping for a promotion push this season.

Checked on Sunderland who are still in league one. Jan Siewart has been the manager for the last three years or so. Finishing positions have been 3rd, 5th, 7th and 5th but never once made the play off final. This place would be in absolute meltdown if we kept getting knocked out of the league one play offs every year.

League One is terrible, mind. Won the title with 105 points and only lost 3.

Lynch, Mumba, Dobson, Maguire and Lafferty are brilliant for me.

Initial budget of £7m for the Championship but just sold Power for £1m, Burge for £500k and McLaughlin for £500k.

Anyone know any good left backs?

My 2nd season with Sampdoria was an absolute disaster. I am completely unable to create a balanced or defensive tactic on this game. It seems to only reward Gegenpress or Tiki-Taka.

I won 5 games all season and fell well short of my target of mid-table. Fortunately 15 draws helped me to finish 15th in woeful Serie A and survive. I took 4 points from my rivals Genoa this season and they were relegated which is good.

2 things in the latest update have massively hampered me as well. The club had already agreed to sign several (shit) players in the last transfer window. My board has a philosophy of singing players under the age of 23 and they're unhappy with me for not fulfilling it. I signed 4 players, 2 of which were under 23. All the ones older, were already agreed transfers. Worse still, they get something wrong and there's a striker that is effectively on loan for 2 seasons before signing this summer for £5m and he's not even good enough for my bench. So my transfer budget will be largely gone.

Somehow I avoided the sack. Bizarrely, there were 3 games in the second half of the season all dubbed "El Sackico" :lol: and I took 7 points from those games with the opposition manager being sacked after each of them.

My striker to replace Quagliarella was shit. I blew £10m on him and he scored 8 goals in 33 games.

Oh and my takeover finally went through on the 5th attempt. The new owner came in and boosted my bank balance by £475k to take it just above £30m but nothing to spend on transfers 🙄

If I manage to survive the sack in the post season fall out, the whole team will be getting torn apart. Good enough bids for anyone will be accepted.

Initial budget of £7m for the Championship but just sold Power for £1m, Burge for £500k and McLaughlin for £500k.

Aye I won the league with 102 points or something, even after an average start. Made what I thought were decent improvements but I'm absolutely shite in the Championship

Aye I won the league with 102 points or something, even after an average start. Made what I thought were decent improvements but I'm absolutely shite in the Championship

It’s definitely tougher but I’m 4th after 13 games.

I tried to keep my starting 11 together but McGeady retired so replaced him with Andre Green on loan and replaced Jon McLaughlin with Joe Lumley.

Had to totally revamp the back room staff as they were all out of contract and mostly shite!

My 2nd season with Sampdoria was an absolute disaster. I am completely unable to create a balanced or defensive tactic on this game. It seems to only reward Gegenpress or Tiki-Taka.

I won 5 games all season and fell well short of my target of mid-table. Fortunately 15 draws helped me to finish 15th in woeful Serie A and survive. I took 4 points from my rivals Genoa this season and they were relegated which is good.

2 things in the latest update have massively hampered me as well. The club had already agreed to sign several (shit) players in the last transfer window. My board has a philosophy of singing players under the age of 23 and they're unhappy with me for not fulfilling it. I signed 4 players, 2 of which were under 23. All the ones older, were already agreed transfers. Worse still, they get something wrong and there's a striker that is effectively on loan for 2 seasons before signing this summer for £5m and he's not even good enough for my bench. So my transfer budget will be largely gone.

Somehow I avoided the sack. Bizarrely, there were 3 games in the second half of the season all dubbed "El Sackico" :lol: and I took 7 points from those games with the opposition manager being sacked after each of them.

My striker to replace Quagliarella was shit. I blew £10m on him and he scored 8 goals in 33 games.

Oh and my takeover finally went through on the 5th attempt. The new owner came in and boosted my bank balance by £475k to take it just above £30m but nothing to spend on transfers 🙄

If I manage to survive the sack in the post season fall out, the whole team will be getting torn apart. Good enough bids for anyone will be accepted.
Aye tika taka and Gegenpress are by far and away the two most powerful setups on this game. Even most lower league clubs perform better with those tactics than anything more sensible.

I have a not too dissimilar problem to you with my board at Kaiserslautern as well. Because I’ve let the DoF have free reign over transfers he’s signed literally a million players and gone over the wage budget, however the board are disappointed at my lack of control over the wage budget because he’s gone over it signing so many players.

Managed to survive in my job through the summer and ready to start my 3rd season with a bang. I'm enjoying the different challenge of this save.

Mid-table expectations from my board again, seem to be matched by the media predictions, but I'm hoping I can scrape into the Top 10. My opening 6 games of the season though are all against clubs who usually finish in the top 8 so I might be sacked early.

I've done a lot of wheeling and dealing in the transfer market. 8 players brought in at a cost of £13.5m and 10 out to recoup £8.5m of that (mostly going back to the club rather than my budget).

Given the resources you can imagine that I've not improved the squad significantly, but I think I've added squad depth and potential.

Managed to survive in my job through the summer and ready to start my 3rd season with a bang. I'm enjoying the different challenge of this save.

Mid-table expectations from my board again, seem to be matched by the media predictions, but I'm hoping I can scrape into the Top 10. My opening 6 games of the season though are all against clubs who usually finish in the top 8 so I might be sacked early.

I've done a lot of wheeling and dealing in the transfer market. 8 players brought in at a cost of £13.5m and 10 out to recoup £8.5m of that (mostly going back to the club rather than my budget).

Given the resources you can imagine that I've not improved the squad significantly, but I think I've added squad depth and potential.
Who you playing as mate ?

Just seen Samp 🙈

Last edited:

Try and loan Brandon Williams from United.

Half way through my 3rd season with Samp and my team are finally performing. We sit 7th on 27 points (we only got 30 in the whole of last season).

It's hard to say exactly what has changed. Some shrewd transfer business was done - Alex Blesa from Levante for £1.9m has gone straight into my midfield and is playing well. Tosin Adarabioyo was a free transfer from Man City and is running my defence. But other players have finally lit up too. Ronaldo Vieira is finally performing to his best (and attracting interest from Arsenal as a result). Manolo Gabbiadini who has been shocking for 2 season, has scored 5 in 10 so far.

But I think the main change might just have been my assistant manager. The last bloke was poor and his contract expired. So I went out into the market to find someone who would give the players a good bollocking when required, motivate them when needed and was a winner. I appointed the only man for the job: Roy Keane!

I don't think there's much hope of me breaking into the top 6 (the european places) and Napoli are hot on my heels, but I'll be happy to finish this year in 8th given my previous seasons and expectations.

Takeover at safc, David Sharpe in boosted my budget by 10 million think I save it for the championship, do you think I will get a small increase on it? Will 10 million be enough to challenge for play offs? Hopefully get 5 quality loans in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back