Football Manager 2018

January transfer window has just closed in my second season, currently sat 10th - P25 - W10 D5 L10.

Beat the mags (relegated) 1-0 at St James in the third round of the FA Cup, away to Walsall next.
Spurs beat me in the third round of the League Cup.

Somehow i've managed to spend a mere £69m on my return to the Prem, bringing in just the 18 players :oops:
I have got rid of a few mind

Logon or register to see this image

The best signing being wonderkid Johannes Eggestein :cool:

On my save, in the third season, the game seems to have just fucked off the League Cup. The 3rd round is on my fixture list as 'Unknown' and I'm into March now and nothing has happened since the 1st round. Anyone else had this happen? Intriguing to see what the game does at the end of the season for Europe etc.

Takeover imminent just as the January window opens can’t sign anyone PSG put s bid in for 16yr old I have on my shortlist :rolleyes:

Got used to the game with Sunderland. Now starting an unemployed, Sunday league footballer experience save. Ended up at Shillong Lajong in the Indian I-League.

Their cup comp is in August-September (wont that) then the league is 18 games starting in January. Bizarre set up.

Signed Michael Chopra on a free.

Found a few cracking regens 2 of my best so far

Just signed this lad from Sociedad met his £18m release clause :cool:

Picked this lad up from Rio Ave for £375k with another £2m in add ons

32 games into the 2020/21 season

Selling Denayer for £50m seemed like a decent idea at the time with Holding and Chambers to slot in alongside Smalling but in truth we missed him our form was patchy the first part of the season

P19 W7 D7 L5 GF28 GA26 Pts28 :neutral:

Had a deal to bring in Jorge Mere for £18m in the January window but also we weren’t creating as much so I sold the disappointing Beradi and brought in Riccardo Orsolini from Juve for £3.7m what a player (Zivkovic level) :eek::cool: He’s made a hell of a difference to Selke scoring record from 11 in 21 to 26 in 32

In the 13 games since

P13 W11 D0 L2 GF34 GA16 Pts33

Pretty much blowing teams away now got a game in hand on 3rd place Man City and 5th place Swansea and 4pts clear of them would take a disaster to miss out on top 4 now

Last edited:
Dresden season is going well.

Started off a bit shaky but now sitting 2nd with 5 games left, 4 points from 1st and 2 from 3rd, so very tight.

Signed Rossi and Hadzic on a free and Posch on loan from Hoffenheim. Hoping to finish the season tomorrow night, I fear if I go up this season it may be too early.

Already been offered the Sunderland, Notts Forest, Leeds and Swansea job but decided to stay and work on the Dresden project.

Game is piss easy so far. Started with Sunderland and I'm 7 games in and won every game, including cup games, all without signing a single player (Only given £2m and 5K so couldn't bring anyone in anyway really).

I play 4-2-3-1.

GK: Ruiter
RB: Jones
CB: Wilson
CB: Kone
LB: Oviedo
CM: NDong
CM: Rodwell
RW: McManaman
CAM: Gooch
LW: McGeady
ST: Grabban

Jonny Williams started the season well but picked up an injury in my 2nd game. Brought in Gooch who has scored in every game since. Grabban and McGeady both have 9 goals each. Cattermole has been sent off 3 times already in 7 games :lol:

Scoring bucket loads of goals like. Not conceding many either. I'm 5 points clear at the top of the league. Class this.

Halfway through my second season and i've only just realised there are different scouting "packages" to choose from :evil:
Mines been set at Prem/Championship this whole time, i thought my scouts were just shit :oops:

Thought i'd mention it just in case anyone is as stupid as me, which i doubt you will be

Aye thats me mate, on about my 5th season now as well. How do you change them? I assumed they would change themselves, i even tried giving a massive scouting budget to change it and it didn't. Has really hampered me to be fair, I have the max amount of foreigners after the brexit ruling.

Aye thats me mate, on about my 5th season now as well. How do you change them? I assumed they would change themselves, i even tried giving a massive scouting budget to change it and it didn't. Has really hampered me to be fair, I have the max amount of foreigners after the brexit ruling.

Go to scouting, click on player search, at the top click on senior package and change both senior & youth packages to World.

You can also (which i've only just realised :oops:) change your scouting budget as well

Go to scouting, click on player search, at the top click on senior package and change both senior & youth packages to World.

You can also (which i've only just realised :oops:) change your scouting budget as well

Wow, never realised, had wondered mind. Im pretty sure, had you not said that I would never have found that. Thanks.

Found a few cracking regens 2 of my best so far

Just signed this lad from Sociedad met his £18m release clause :cool:

Picked this lad up from Rio Ave for £375k with another £2m in add ons

32 games into the 2020/21 season

Selling Denayer for £50m seemed like a decent idea at the time with Holding and Chambers to slot in alongside Smalling but in truth we missed him our form was patchy the first part of the season

P19 W7 D7 L5 GF28 GA26 Pts28 :neutral:

Had a deal to bring in Jorge Mere for £18m in the January window but also we weren’t creating as much so I sold the disappointing Beradi and brought in Riccardo Orsolini from Juve for £3.7m what a player (Zivkovic level) :eek::cool: He’s made a hell of a difference to Selke scoring record from 11 in 21 to 26 in 32

In the 13 games since

P13 W11 D0 L2 GF34 GA16 Pts33

Pretty much blowing teams away now got a game in hand on 3rd place Man City and 5th place Swansea and 4pts clear of them would take a disaster to miss out on top 4 now

They seem to get unbelievable regens year after year. Think it could be canny doing a save with them!

This should be in the post for delivery today. Not sure whether to start as Sunderland or go for a lower league challenge! What’s the lowest English leagues on it?

Might even start unemployed.

This should be in the post for delivery today. Not sure whether to start as Sunderland or go for a lower league challenge! What’s the lowest English leagues on it?

Might even start unemployed.

Conference N/S unless you go into the editor and enable the lower leagues

is it worth a play and do you need a super PC to play?

Yes and no. If you have doubts about whether your PC can run any game, i'd recommend systemrequirementslab to check. Type your game in, allow the download to scan hardware and there you go. I've done that on my laptop at home many times, and never had any sort of malware or viruses from it, before anyone mentions it.

Just to give you an idea, I'm on an 8 year old work computer, and I've only failed on the graphics card.

Went with the start unemployed option. Running England and Scotland all leagues, then top two divisions from the big nations in Europe, as that’s about all my laptop could handle.

Few applications and offers and have ended up with Boston United!

Currently in 5th just about to come into January 1st season. Very tight at the top, with just 4 points separating 1st-9th.

I think this is the best FM yet, but I'm struggling to get used to the scouting, need to have a proper look into it and get to understand it better.

Sold Cattermole for £9m :lol: and Jones for £3.5m . Loaned out Rodwell and a couple others. Brought in Ben Watson for £2.6m, some young German winger called Pledl for £1.8m and brought in a young RB called Dickmann on loan who looks a great prospect and disappointed I didn't add a future fee in the deal.

Definitely need to try and bring in some improvements in attack. Grabban started the season poor, then had a period of good form, but now is back to being poor. Vaughan hasn't scored a goal for me yet either. Watmore has been the best with 8 goals, but Watford, Huddersfield & Stoke all after him now, so starting to come to terms that I might have to let him go in January. Short has reduced the transfer revenue retained to 25% though, which is going to be a problem.

Also still waiting to see whether a takeover happens. Would have been nice for things to have been clearer by January transfer window. Just hope I have some better funds to play with in the summer and not too fussed if I don't go up 1st season as the squad needs a lot doing to it for the Prem I think.

Back