Football Manager 2018

just got through my first season as Sannois St Gratien in France, got lucky for the most part and got promoted to Ligue 2 first season, scraped up automatic promotion by 2 points, lost 7 all season but mainly scraping 1 or 2 goal wins.

A couple of free signings but the budget is f***ing abysmal at that level, hoping i get something decent to spend at Ligue 2 level, a lot of my players are getting interest and i'll guarantee my DOF will sell them from under me.

Keep at it, love owt like this. By far the most obsolete team we've had on ere in this year's FM. Massive fan of it. :cool:

Promoted to League 1 with Spenny after 4 seasons. However, £1.5m in debt, shocking facilities and no budget at all. Middling squad. Need to start raising money somehow, as want to improve absolutely everything.

Brewery Field also has a max expansion of 7 and a half thousand, reckon we'll need a new ground should we get to the top!

Promoted to League 1 with Spenny after 4 seasons. However, £1.5m in debt, shocking facilities and no budget at all. Middling squad. Need to start raising money somehow, as want to improve absolutely everything.

Brewery Field also has a max expansion of 7 and a half thousand, reckon we'll need a new ground should we get to the top!

Friendly tournaments in pre season, make bigger clubs pay fees to enter. Decent gates and competition money.

Friendlies through the week against bigger sides, don't play a first team and you'll be good.

I've got a tactic that seems to be working quite well at the moment, I concede quite a few but score loads.

I'm in the prem with the lads, following a takeover I keep getting decent transfer budgets. Got promoted in the first season via the playoffs then I managed to qualify for the Europa League in my first season in the prem. I'm about 10 games in to the second season in the prem and I'm 4th and sat 2nd in the Europa League group losing only to Roma

found a database editor thing that allows you to pick a date from this season to start your career. Results and league positions are identical to those in "real life" so I opted to go for Man Utd to see if I could take over in January and win the league. 2 points behind going into the final day. City are away at Southampton. I'm at home to Watford. Goal difference means the chances are I'll have to win and City will have to lose.

I win 7-0. City draw 0-0. I win the league by one goal!!! :eek:

Oh this is too perfect. 2018/19 season. Second last game game of the season v the Mags who need 4 points from their remaining 2 to avoid relegation :cool: I’m in mid table and will finish 8-10th probably.

Just had my second consecutive promotion with Hartlepool after winning League 2. Kept the majority of my squad the same with the odd free and loan signing. Jake Cassidy is a beast with 28 goals in the league. Got a budget of 60k for League 1 so will be relying on loans and frees again

2game have it on offer again I believe, sure I seen an email.

Edit - they have 25% off but only until 16th Feb (tomorrow).

Cheers for this like, bought it on Friday.

Getting to grips with it okay playing 3-4-3 currently 3rd with the lads in October, but crawling up after a slow start. Only made one signing, Maitland-Niles on loan. Marc Wilson probably been the biggest surprise so far for me, he's decent as a BPD. McManaman playing well think he's my top scorer so far.

found a database editor thing that allows you to pick a date from this season to start your career. Results and league positions are identical to those in "real life" so I opted to go for Man Utd to see if I could take over in January and win the league. 2 points behind going into the final day. City are away at Southampton. I'm at home to Watford. Goal difference means the chances are I'll have to win and City will have to lose.

I win 7-0. City draw 0-0. I win the league by one goal!!! :eek:

That's literally the most football manager thing to happen

Won the league in my first season with the lads, only losing 4.

My team is:

(4-3-3)
Ruiter
Bartolec Browning Kone Oviedo
Kelly Ndong Misic
Gooch Pinamonti Diaby

Gooch finished as my top scorer with 16, surprisingly.

Got a nice 42m initial budget for the prem if anyone has any recommendations for players?

just finished the 24/25 season and won the league for the 5th season running. also won the champions league 3 times in a row with the latest coming against milan. i was 4-0 down after 39 mins and they had a man sent off on 42 mins. i pulled 2 back in first half stoppage and got level with 10 mins remaining. ended up winning 5-4 aet

my strongest line up that season was:

pickford
odriozola bailly lindelof shaw
sanches alena
malcom alli vinicius junior
simeone

the rest of the squad included chambers, jones, chilwell, henderson, barkley, bale and 7 regens

just sold simeone (£66m) and chambers (£25m) and replaced them with mbappe (£135m) and upamecano (£58m)

Want a break from my Spenny game, got them to the championship but still in debt with apalling facilities and can only offer max of £4.7k wages p/w. Loan players choose L1/2 teams over me as our reputation is still so low. I've really enjoyed it so far but it's becoming grinding as none of my players would even command a decent fee if I was to sell, I need money now and it's very difficult to come by.

Started a new game with the lads, no transfers in 1st window and going with the young lads. Same formation as CC, starting with:

Gk Ruiter
CB Koné
CB Wilson
CB Clarke-Salter
RB Matthews
LB Oviedo
CM Robson
CM Honeyman
CM Williams
CF Maja
CF Asoro

Two 2-1 wins in league and 2-0 vs Port Vale in the cup, canny start.

Managed to take Hartlepool to the Championship via the playoffs first time of asking. Was given a 1m budget with 20k for wages. My squad is nowhere near good enough but managed to pick my first win up away at Cardiff. Brought in a few freebies like Puncheon, Ryan Hardie, Aaron Tshibola. More bizarre than winning promotion was the fact after England were knocked out of the Euros, they offered me the job, I didn’t even apply for it. My reputation is only 1 and a half stars so makes no sense

Update has been kind to SAFC , can see improvements in Maja, Honeyman.

Can’t get rid of Rodwell tho :evil:

Starting a new save picked up a couple of kids for the future and Damien La Tellec
(300k , 4 star CB at Championship level )

Sold Kone.

Want a break from my Spenny game, got them to the championship but still in debt with apalling facilities and can only offer max of £4.7k wages p/w. Loan players choose L1/2 teams over me as our reputation is still so low. I've really enjoyed it so far but it's becoming grinding as none of my players would even command a decent fee if I was to sell, I need money now and it's very difficult to come by.

Started a new game with the lads, no transfers in 1st window and going with the young lads. Same formation as CC, starting with:

Gk Ruiter
CB Koné
CB Wilson
CB Clarke-Salter
RB Matthews
LB Oviedo
CM Robson
CM Honeyman
CM Williams
CF Maja
CF Asoro

Two 2-1 wins in league and 2-0 vs Port Vale in the cup, canny start.

Started with them last season and won the league playing a 4-2-3-1. About 5 games into the Prem season and going well so far..... Tactic on steam is called wide brookes passing - it's awesome :)
Bought Grabs for 7.5m, Nick Pope 375k (sold Steele to Everton for twice that!) Conor Goldson Brighton 1.4m, Gustav Engval Bristol City 8m & Ryan Sessegnon 9m (he is class mind). Beat MU 1-0 on the opening day, plus the usual 4-1 away thrashing of Palace.

Anyone had an issue with scouting players? Requested scout reports on loads of players and months later still get a message saying “scout report will be available shortly”

Means I’ve got f***ing no idea how could any potential targets are.

Back