Football Manager 2018

Still have the same bug bear on this version as with previous versions regarding wages. I'm in the championship and someone is not interested in joining and wants 5k per week as a result, he will then sign for Wycombe in league two on 2k per week. Totally unrealistic.

Still have the same bug bear on this version as with previous versions regarding wages. I'm in the championship and someone is not interested in joining and wants 5k per week as a result, he will then sign for Wycombe in league two on 2k per week. Totally unrealistic.

Something to do with your relationship with certain agents?

Something to do with your relationship with certain agents?

Could be but it happens with loads of players and as I said happened on previous versions. Not even big name players, I had Nathan Phillips on loan from Liverpool in season 2, got promoted to the championship, tried to sign him but couldn't afford the wage he wanted and he ended up at Wycombe in league two on 2k a week.

On FM16 I was trying to sign Mario Gotze and he wanted 200k to sign for me which I couldn't afford, he then signed for someone else on 48k!

Managing Sunderland in 2021 - Got relegated to Championship in 2020, no fault of mine. Got appointed too late after moving from Notts Forrest after taking them to mid table Premier League security. Promoted right off the bat with 105 points, record clean sheets and goals against, spent 20m. Forrest got relegated. Just about to start Premier League assault and spent £20m on a Notts Forrest regen I had my eye on back when I was managing them.

Ndong was our best player and worth 24m, moved to Everton for £6.75 million due to a clause I didn't realise he had. The kernt.

We've been taken over before I started but Sunlun spending £20m on a player in real life is something we won't see for a LONG while, even 20m in total on transfers probably.

Came up trumps ;)

Project resurrect 1860 Munich is underway :cool:

The board pump in a few million a month or so into the save signed Murdoch and Quitongo from Morton very good players at this level

Logon or register to see this image

Think you probably want to look into the legitimacy of that downloaded database. They couldn't afford a £1 million license fee to stay in the 2nd tier and are currently considering folding and starting over again never mind give someone money for transfers :D

Things are so bad at 1860 they don't even have a stadium anymore or any professional players so if there's a save where they have money its 100% been tampered with

Last edited:
Think you probably want to look into the legitimacy of that downloaded database. They couldn't afford a £1 million license fee to stay in the 2nd tier and are currently considering folding and starting over again never mind give someone money for transfers :D

Things are so bad at 1860 they don't even have a stadium anymore or any professional players so if there's a save where they have money its 100% been tampered with
Look to be doing ok in real life with the squad you get on FM18

Germany - TSV 1860 München - Results, fixtures, squad, statistics, photos, videos and news - Soccerway

Errr. And? Doesn't change the fact they're almost non-existant as a club
It’s a game man :lol: Doesn’t change the fact that 50% of any sales at SAFC on the game goes towards transfer budget too how realistic is that :oops:

After promotion I was given about 200k for transfers and an extra £20k for wages it’s not as if I’ve got Man City type funds

It’s a game man :lol: Doesn’t change the fact that 50% of any sales at SAFC on the game goes towards transfer budget too how realistic is that :oops:

After promotion I was given about 200k for transfers and an extra £20k for wages it’s not as if I’ve got Man City type funds

Still, it kinda defeats the purpose of the game, especially when having millions in the non professional leagues, a bit easy also I'd imagine !

SC Paderborn or Karlsruhe, both who had consecutive relegations might fit your criteria without the need of a database download.

Still, it kinda defeats the purpose of the game, especially when having millions in the non professional leagues, a bit easy also I'd imagine !

SC Paderborn or Karlsruhe, both who had consecutive relegations might fit your criteria without the need of a database download.
They’ve got players that are far too good for the regional league anyway (a few who were in Bundesliga 2 with them) as you can see how they’re doing in real life

I was given £200k to spend in the 3rd division and sold a regen for £1m all of that apart from £250k went on wages/fees towards free transfers I haven’t got millions to spend

Last edited:
I never know what credentials to start the game with, i.e. retired semi-professional or international player. Does it make much of a difference?

I never know what credentials to start the game with, i.e. retired semi-professional or international player. Does it make much of a difference?
Definitely makes a difference.

If you go in with a high reputation from the credentials, then you'd find it easier to motivate players or get interviews for other jobs.

just got through my first season as Sannois St Gratien in France, got lucky for the most part and got promoted to Ligue 2 first season, scraped up automatic promotion by 2 points, lost 7 all season but mainly scraping 1 or 2 goal wins.

A couple of free signings but the budget is f***ing abysmal at that level, hoping i get something decent to spend at Ligue 2 level, a lot of my players are getting interest and i'll guarantee my DOF will sell them from under me.

Playing as the lads, promoted first seasons after signing some real shit and scraped into 2nd spot. To be fair could have had top if I'd beaten Wolves (champions) on the last day of the season.

First season in the prem and I'm 8th :eek: Just finished Jan transfer window where some clowns bought Oviedo for £10m. Wasn't going to turn that down for that mediocre plodder so off he went. Playing with a trad back 4, 1 defensive playmaker, 1 mezzala, 2 attacking wingers, 1 advanced attacking playmaker and a poacher up top (Joselu from the Mags whose in double figures). I think only Kone and Watmore is now regulars in the team from our real life lot. Ndong in and out behind some kid who I got from Real and Simon Tibbling for the mezzala spot.

Patch has ruined this for me like. All the tactics ive slaved over getting right now useless. Hate it when that happens. :evil:

when was the new patch out? Didn't notice any real difference last night, except getting beat at home off the red scousers when I thought I could have grabbed a point :evil: Contained them fine first half then attacked after 60 minutes and flabby khazri missed a sitter

Playing as the lads, promoted first seasons after signing some real shit and scraped into 2nd spot. To be fair could have had top if I'd beaten Wolves (champions) on the last day of the season.

First season in the prem and I'm 8th :eek: Just finished Jan transfer window where some clowns bought Oviedo for £10m. Wasn't going to turn that down for that mediocre plodder so off he went. Playing with a trad back 4, 1 defensive playmaker, 1 mezzala, 2 attacking wingers, 1 advanced attacking playmaker and a poacher up top (Joselu from the Mags whose in double figures). I think only Kone and Watmore is now regulars in the team from our real life lot. Ndong in and out behind some kid who I got from Real and Simon Tibbling for the mezzala spot.

when was the new patch out? Didn't notice any real difference last night, except getting beat at home off the red scousers when I thought I could have grabbed a point :evil: Contained them fine first half then attacked after 60 minutes and flabby khazri missed a sitter
Week or so ago I think. I was using 3-4-3. Having read up on it 3-4-3 was overpowered so they tweaked the match engine to under power it. Basically my whole squad has been built to suit that system so now I’m buggered.

Week or so ago I think. I was using 3-4-3. Having read up on it 3-4-3 was overpowered so they tweaked the match engine to under power it. Basically my whole squad has been built to suit that system so now I’m buggered.

ah fuck. I hate it when that happens. I used to have a corner routine years ago which was guaranteed 20+ goals a season until some developer clicked on. I think I should be up to date and mine seems ok. Not that that's a lot of comfort for you I'm sure :D

Back