Football Manager 2018

Exactly. Makes the game really easy after afew years

Yep, it's definitely getting that way.
Just finished the 2025 season and nearly did a clean sweep of every trophy.

Won - European Super Cup, World Club Championship, Premier League, FA Cup & League Cup.

Runners up - Champions League :(, lost 2-0 to Real Madrid so failed to retain the trophy

Time for a new challenge

Started a save with skint SAFC (compared to £12m beta) finished 6th lost in play off semi to Fulham L 0-1 (H) W 3-4 (A) lost on penalties how long ago did the away goal rule stop counting ?

Started a save with skint SAFC (compared to £12m beta) finished 6th lost in play off semi to Fulham L 0-1 (H) W 3-4 (A) lost on penalties how long ago did the away goal rule stop counting ?
Not sure it ever did. Didn’t we go out on pens to palace despite having more away goals under mic mac?

Eventually got sick of Hartlepool, impossible to attract good enough players with the budget given. Left after 5 season. 2 consecutive seasons of finishing midtable in the championship and they were willing to give me 150k to spend and 110k on wages. I fucked them off for Huddersfield who had 9.5 million to spend and wage budget of 850k.

They've got a DoF in place who set about bidding left right and centre for any old shite so I had to reduce his responsibilites.

Brought in
Added Maja (free), Choudhury 1.4m, Ambapadu 700k, T Chalobah 250k, Mooy (loan), Sarr (Loan). They had a couple of lads in on last season and the DOF extended all the loans in place.

Drew my first couple of games but then won 7 on the bounce without conceding.

Despite my strong start the club are disappointed I sold a player that the DoF sold. :lol:

Just bought it yesterday.
15 games in with Shields won 10 drawn 3 and lost 2. Sitting at the top 2 points ahead.
Surrendered the FA Cup and Trophy in the 1st rounds.

Didn’t take as long as I’d expexted to get my head around the training and tactics.

Eventually got sick of Hartlepool, impossible to attract good enough players with the budget given. Left after 5 season. 2 consecutive seasons of finishing midtable in the championship and they were willing to give me 150k to spend and 110k on wages. I fucked them off for Huddersfield who had 9.5 million to spend and wage budget of 850k.

They've got a DoF in place who set about bidding left right and centre for any old shite so I had to reduce his responsibilites.

Brought in
Added Maja (free), Choudhury 1.4m, Ambapadu 700k, T Chalobah 250k, Mooy (loan), Sarr (Loan). They had a couple of lads in on last season and the DOF extended all the loans in place.

Drew my first couple of games but then won 7 on the bounce without conceding.

Despite my strong start the club are disappointed I sold a player that the DoF sold. :lol:

I've taken them straight to the Premiership where I finished 10th in my first season.

In total I spent 480K to get me to there while selling a total of 5.2M.

I've found adding all decent free transfers to my shortlist as many don't get taken on by anyone. I got Patrick Roberts in December of 4th season in the Championship. I then sold him to Leicester for 27M after year at the club with a 15 in 19 goal return in the Prem.

I also demanded the club to improve the clubs youth coaching and scouting at every opportunity. By doing this I sold 2 regens to Championship clubs for around 700K.

The club is building a new 20,000 stadmiun and have us playing at Elland Road until it's finished.

How do you add images on here?

Anyone seeing constant crashes keeps happening at random intervals

I've had issues of the game crashing when the players are warming up AFTER the game :lol:

It's not happened for a couple of weeks now.

Last edited:
I've taken them straight to the Premiership where I finished 10th in my first season.

In total I spent 480K to get me to there while selling a total of 5.2M.

I've found adding all decent free transfers to my shortlist as many don't get taken on by anyone. I got Patrick Roberts in December of 4th season in the Championship. I then sold him to Leicester for 27M after year at the club with a 15 in 19 goal return in the Prem.

I also demanded the club to improve the clubs youth coaching and scouting at every opportunity. By doing this I sold 2 regens to Championship clubs for around 700K.

The club is building a new 20,000 stadmiun and have us playing at Elland Road until it's finished.

How do you add images on here?

I've had issues of the game crashing when the players are warming up AFTER the game :lol:

It's not happened for a couple of weeks now.
Good going that mind. I thought I was a shoe in for promotion to the prem in my first championship season. In and around the playoffs by Jan, won dropped right off and plummeted from then on. Just couldn’t seem to change it round.

Good going that mind. I thought I was a shoe in for promotion to the prem in my first championship season. In and around the playoffs by Jan, won dropped right off and plummeted from then on. Just couldn’t seem to change it round.

I find that getting an assistant with good motivation, determination and man management as I have them doing my interview etc... I do the team talks.

Currently 2nd in December in my second season :lol:

Jack Wilshere, Ramsey and Ziyech are free agents and willing to sign for me.

Right then help needed here on the iPad version. I downloaded this for hols to play in airport etc. I’ve not played any fm games for any length of time since the red box CM one in 2001? I’ve basically no idea wtf I’m doing.

Anyway safc are in the fa cup final. But our league form has dropped off a bit ower the last eight or nine games or so. Been playing 4231 with grabban upfront as he’s scored over 50 goals already and we’ve still got half a dozen games to go. We were about ten points ahead of second place a couple of months back having only lost two all season but now we’ve lost and drawn more than we’ve won recently.
Been playing the same basically the same players in the same formation every game apart from changing wide midfielders as all been more inconsistent than other positions. All I do is allow em to play 30 mins or so then start altering settings depending on how games going and that’s worked until recently.
Should I
A/ Alter formation?
B/ Alter personnel?
C/ Alter both?
D/ Alter tactics keeping same formation and personnel?
E/ Alter coaches coaching?

This is important it’s a possible safc double here?

Thanks for the help you bastards!
We lost the fa cup to Utd 1-3 but sneaked promotion last day behind Boro. Fans are kicking off that I’ve signed Grabban for £11:75m when he scored 57 in 54 games to get us promoted ffs! What a stupid thing to have in the game...obviously set up to whine at any signing every now and then.
Rodwell went early doors.

Thanks for the help you bastards!
We lost the fa cup to Utd 1-3 but sneaked promotion last day behind Boro. Fans are kicking off that I’ve signed Grabban for £11:75m when he scored 57 in 54 games to get us promoted ffs! What a stupid thing to have in the game...obviously set up to whine at any signing every now and then.
Rodwell went early doors.

The social media feature is absolutely awful mind. 1 positive, 1 neutral and 1 negative comment with any article. I wish you could turn it off.

Back