Football Manager 2018

Anyone else saves getting the keeper fuck up glitch ? Keeper stands like a total fucktard when having loads of time ball at feet and allows an opposition player to run in and knock it past him :lol: Had a few scored past me like this and scored a few too

Had this with the latest patch, along with getting countered and conceding back post headers frequently

Took Sunderland up in 2nd lace and was given 48m to spend. Raided Everton who got relegated and signed Klaassen,Mirallas, Luke Garbutt and Ashley Williams. Also signed Ndombele and Drmic plus a couple of others I couldn’t remember the names of.
Managed to sell Khazri for 10.5m and Papy for 3m. Also got rid of Matthews and loaned out Steele.

I started at Sunderland and was doing canny as i was in the top 4 when takeover talks started, transfer embargo placed upon me, takeover went through and i was sacked and replaced by Mike Phelan :eek:

They ended up dropping from 4th to 11th and the season finished :cool::lol:

Burton went down and I took up the managers position in June. My transfer budget was shocking, literally had nowt but could bring in loans.

Half the squad came to me and said they wanted to play at a higher level so i transfer listed them and sold a couple.

Brought in 7 loans and a few freebies, pretty pleased with what i have, line up like this at the moment.

Woodman (L)
Perch Bartley Caulker Toffolo
Palmer Gallagher
Cotterill Foden (L) Piazon (L)
Fletcher (L)​

Bywater
McFadzean
Turner
Miller
Akpan
Boyce
Madine

Loans in (L)

Top of the league after 8 games and knocked Stoke out the cup away from home :cool:

Bought it in the steam sale, started with Crewe as I always do. No transfer budget and a little wage budget spare at the start so mainly relied on loans and low wage free transfers. Got Liverpool as a parent club and Ryan Colclough making 30 appearances for Wigan got me 130k before the January window although the board only let me have 30% of any transfer revenue.

Managed to achieve automatic promotion by finishing third, form was very up and down, was on course to win the league at one point but went on a horrendous seven game run. Got to the final of the check-a-trade trophy as well, got beat 1-0 by West Ham though, Andy Carroll notched for them.

Standout performers;

Callum Gribbin (season loan from Man Utd) - 38 starts, 7 goals and 17 assists - 7.38 av rating
Michael Cregan (free transfer - 30 starts, 25 goals and 4 assists - 7.25 av rating
Callum Ainley - 40 starts, 4 goals and 4 assists - 7.08 av rating

James Wolfenden and Barry Corr are decent cheap free transfers if anyone else is starting out in the lower leagues.

The board have given me zero transfer budget for the new season but upped the wage budget to 37k so I have quite a bit of wriggle room (only spending 22k at the minute). Only signed one free transfer so far, a back-up for my reserve keeper. Really struggling to find anyone who will improve the team as no-one half decent seems to be interested in signing! Had three really good youth players come through the intake so going to try and blood them this season but bigger clubs are already trying to buy them.

Bought it for iPhone this morning.

Started with Sunderland. So many injuries in pre-season :neutral: Beat Derby 1-0 first game of the season, Asoro 87th minute winner. Crewe away in the Carabao Cup first round - another 1-0 win, Honeyman the scorer.

Finished 5th on 81 points after only winning 3 of the last 10 league games. Fulham champions on 95 points, ‘Boro up in 2nd on 87. Dirty Leeds to play in the play-off semis

Advice needed please ...

I'm currently top of the premier in season 4 at xmas with other top teams catching up. I've got 57m to spend and 180k on wages.

My issue is, and maybe there's a better way of doing it is the scouting system, like when it comes to search or signing players seems my scouts haven't done a good enough job scouting! Like I have had the maximum works scouting package on for 2 seasons but when I click on 'shortlist it's just people I've manually added, and when I search on player search there's still loads with the 13-19 attribute type thing like needs more scouting, ideally I'd like my scouts to always have done all that behind the scenes. Is there an assignment in particular I need to send them on?

Thanks in advance

Advice needed please ...

I'm currently top of the premier in season 4 at xmas with other top teams catching up. I've got 57m to spend and 180k on wages.

My issue is, and maybe there's a better way of doing it is the scouting system, like when it comes to search or signing players seems my scouts haven't done a good enough job scouting! Like I have had the maximum works scouting package on for 2 seasons but when I click on 'shortlist it's just people I've manually added, and when I search on player search there's still loads with the 13-19 attribute type thing like needs more scouting, ideally I'd like my scouts to always have done all that behind the scenes. Is there an assignment in particular I need to send them on?

Thanks in advance

Are you clicking on the players tab when the scouting report pops up?
This shows everyone within your scouting network (depending on which filters you have on).

If it's not that then i think it just takes longer to fully scout a player now and even though it's annoying, it's probably a bit more realistic.

I receive a scouting report every 2 weeks and the more you press 'keep scouting' and/or 'analysis report' the more accurate the figures seem to be. This does depend on how good your scouts are mind.
It helps that they tweaked the button layout on the scout report screen. It's much easier now to keep scouting players or disregard them while adding/removing them from shortlists.

It can take a while compared to previous games but it's worth it.
I've bid for players that were rated as 4-5 star signings only for that to drop once i've scouted them fully.
It works both ways though, some may be rated better.

Unless i've missed something as well, anyone else?

just sold ndong to juventus for £56m and he was in the last year of his contract. he's described as a world class centre mid. he wanted £170k per week so decided to sell

2024 now and couldn't retain the League and fnished third but did win the Champions League for the first time.

Some of the regens i'm getting now are amazing.

First one signed for £2.4m

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

Just spent £93m on this one

Sick of FM knocking out regens where they're all physical gods
I’m in season three and there are already quite a few regent wonder kids kicking about. A lot of them have amazing technical stats but rubbish physical ones.

Arsenal have a Spanish 18 yr old who has 19 in finishing already but acceleration/pace of 9/11. PSG have a Japanese winger who looks incredible in all three columns but is 5’4”

I’m in season three and there are already quite a few regent wonder kids kicking about. A lot of them have amazing technical stats but rubbish physical ones.

Arsenal have a Spanish 18 yr old who has 19 in finishing already but acceleration/pace of 9/11. PSG have a Japanese winger who looks incredible in all three columns but is 5’4”

I'm not a fan with how many regen wonder kids seem to come into it straight away

1st season - promoted via the play-offs. beat Cardiff 1-0 in the final. done poorly in both cups.

2nd season - finished 7th. reached the quarter finals of both cups.

3rd season - finished 7th, looked set to be top 2 but finished the season horribly. Got through the Europa league qualifiers and reached the semi finals to be beaten comfortably by Spurs. Won the league cup beating Liverpool 1-0 in the final. Beaten by Man U in the semi finals of the FA Cup.

Back