Food or restaraunt you have always wanted to try

I don't think I've been to either of those.

As well as quite a few diners and pubs etc, we went to Applebees for breakfast once.
Again, to them it's a chain - probably a bit like Frankie and Benny's I guess, but the mexican omelette I had was nice.

Yeah that's f***ing mental as well like.

Going to f***ing Applebee's man.

Jesus H Christ. It's a restaurant. It's not like Burger King. Dial it down a bit.

I'd not been before and we all wanted something to eat. So we went there. It was decent enough for what we wanted.
The breakfast I had in a cafe closer to Central Park was arguably better but it was still nice.

You've offered scorn but not once have you said where you'd go.
Get off your soapbox and give me your top 5

Jesus H Christ. It's a restaurant. It's not like Burger King. Dial it down a bit.

I'd not been before and we all wanted something to eat. So we went there. It was decent enough for what we wanted.
The breakfast I had in a cafe closer to Central Park was arguably better but it was still nice.

You've offered scorn but not once have you said where you'd go.
Get off your soapbox and give me your top 5

Top five what?

I'm aiming more for experience than desire here.
There's lots of places I would have quite liked to eaten, but time/budget probably impacted on both

I'd like to try that street food stall in Singapore that got a Michelin star. The bloke from there did a pop-up in Kings Cross last week but it was a three hour wait for a bowl of chicken noodles so I didn't bother.

I'm disappointed that I missed out on my reservation at Jean-Georges the last time I was in New York, that would have been good. Also never got to go to Punto MX in Madrid (only Michelin star Mexican in Europe) cos it was fully booked.

My dream would be to go to Sushi Jiro in Tokyo. I'd also like to eventually get a table at Gymkhana (doubtful now that it's a celeb hangout) and I've still not been to The Ledbury.

I have eaten almost everything that I'm aware of and have a desire to try. It's more about who's making the food, the standard and the location for me.

I'd like to try that street food stall in Singapore that got a Michelin star. The bloke from there did a pop-up in Kings Cross last week but it was a three hour wait for a bowl of chicken noodles so I didn't bother.

I'm disappointed that I missed out on my reservation at Jean-Georges the last time I was in New York, that would have been good. Also never got to go to Punto MX in Madrid (only Michelin star Mexican in Europe) cos it was fully booked.

My dream would be to go to Sushi Jiro in Tokyo. I'd also like to eventually get a table at Gymkhana (doubtful now that it's a celeb hangout) and I've still not been to The Ledbury.

I have eaten almost everything that I'm aware of and have a desire to try. It's more about who's making the food, the standard and the location for me.

Fair play. Sounds nice, but it wouldn't do if we were all the same :)
I can be like that about ale to be honest. There's such a staggering range now, it's great!

As it happens, I had a rather nice Lagunitas IPA in Bubba Gumps. I've only seen it on tap once here and it was £5.50 a pint.
As you say, it can be as much about the location as it can be about what you're enjoying.

3 hours for noodles though. Some people are mental

I really want to try The Eight in Macau when I go to Hong Kong later this year. Supposed to be the tits!

We went to the Kitchin last month. Absolutely superb . Mrs got vouchers for Xmas for 150 quid and we still had to put nearly a ton toward the final bill . Once in a lifetime type thing
I went to Black Swan at Oldstead, House of Tides and the Kitchin last August. Of the three I really wasn’t fussed with the Kitchin at all. House of Tides was nice, but the Black Swan was amazing.

Not sure what the booking situation is like at the moment, but Black Swan should definitely be on your list of places to go to.

Always fancied them Southern States meals ( Jambalay, Crawfish Pie and Filly Gumbo) ever since I heard the Carpenters singing about them.

Been to New Orleans twice to visit family and jambalaya is absolutely fantastic like. You can buy the rice packs on Amazon to make it yourself like, it's really easy.

Back