Food or restaraunt you have always wanted to try

you would love the City Bistro at the new college at Park Lane. obviously not michellin star standard but its high quality, imaginative and perfectly presented fine dining. a real hidden gem in sunderland. quite cheap too

Went today

Been before for a business dinner but went today as a paying customer ( don't tell your dad @Botchie)

Squid with Asian slaw, sea bream on new potatoes with sapphire and asparagus and raspberry parfait with 2 glasses of red.
Absolutely spot on

I'd like to try that street food stall in Singapore that got a Michelin star. The bloke from there did a pop-up in Kings Cross last week but it was a three hour wait for a bowl of chicken noodles so I didn't bother.

I'm disappointed that I missed out on my reservation at Jean-Georges the last time I was in New York, that would have been good. Also never got to go to Punto MX in Madrid (only Michelin star Mexican in Europe) cos it was fully booked.

My dream would be to go to Sushi Jiro in Tokyo. I'd also like to eventually get a table at Gymkhana (doubtful now that it's a celeb hangout) and I've still not been to The Ledbury.

I have eaten almost everything that I'm aware of and have a desire to try. It's more about who's making the food, the standard and the location for me.

I’ve been to punto MX, work in online gambling and was over to see the DGOJ (Spanish regulator) a former colleague who now lives in Madrid took me - I’m not usually a fan of Mexican food but this was one of the best meals I’ve ever had - can’t soesk Spanish and let my (Spanish)mate order there was a standout yellowfin tuna fish and a bone marrow thing- excellent - would highly recommend.the regulator also took us to somewhere else - more traditional Spanish fayre that was excellent too. I prefer Madrid for eating and drinking to Barcelona just need to get to San Sebastian one day...

last time we did it we were sat at 5.50pm on a friday and we didn't leave till after 9pm. probably could do it in 2 hours if you told them you wanted to but deffo not in an hour

although you can go during the day if you were off work. we are going 12-3 next thursday
Thanks for that mate. I think it calls for a half day. If you’ve had the tasting menu before and you are going back that’s good enough for me. Hope your Mam enjoys it.

My mam’s more of a mince and dumplings girl.

I’ve been to punto MX, work in online gambling and was over to see the DGOJ (Spanish regulator) a former colleague who now lives in Madrid took me - I’m not usually a fan of Mexican food but this was one of the best meals I’ve ever had - can’t soesk Spanish and let my (Spanish)mate order there was a standout yellowfin tuna fish and a bone marrow thing- excellent - would highly recommend.the regulator also took us to somewhere else - more traditional Spanish fayre that was excellent too. I prefer Madrid for eating and drinking to Barcelona just need to get to San Sebastian one day...

San Sebastián has ruined me mate. Still sit talking about some of the bait we had there and it’s two years since we went.

Fair play. Sounds nice, but it wouldn't do if we were all the same :)
I can be like that about ale to be honest. There's such a staggering range now, it's great!

As it happens, I had a rather nice Lagunitas IPA in Bubba Gumps. I've only seen it on tap once here and it was £5.50 a pint.
As you say, it can be as much about the location as it can be about what you're enjoying.

3 hours for noodles though. Some people are mental

Lagunitas are owned by Heineken, their IPA is sold in about every Wetherspoons in the country now as well.

Osteria Francescana in Modena, arguably the best restaurant in the world.

Tried in vain to get a reservation 6 months before going to Italy but didn't manage it.

Instead ate another Michelin star place a few doors down from there called L'Erba del Re.

Gutted.

I secured a reservation this morning for Osteria Francescana , I'm going in April. Will let you know how it is.

It's supposedly dead hard to get a reservation, with the reservations going live at 10am local time. I actually did it using a web browser on my phone, using 4G. I think I must have been lucky, but there we go.

Now just need to find how I can sell a kidney to pay for it.

I secured a reservation this morning for Osteria Francescana , I'm going in April. Will let you know how it is.

It's supposedly dead hard to get a reservation, with the reservations going live at 10am local time. I actually did it using a web browser on my phone, using 4G. I think I must have been lucky, but there we go.

Now just need to find how I can sell a kidney to pay for it.

Yep, had my alarm set, had the browser up and ready to go. Completely fully booked for every single date I tried.

I hope there's a fly in your soup!

Yep, had my alarm set, had the browser up and ready to go. Completely fully booked for every single date I tried.

I hope there's a fly in your soup!

There are various hints on how to get a table on tripadvisor - some of which appear contradictory. The key seems to be opening up the reservation section a good few hours before they go live.

I opened it last night on my phone. However, I couldn't get into work late this morning, so had to get on the tube - I would have thought this would have knocked me out of whatever queue I must have been in as the connection would have been lost once going underground. Anyhow, got into work, looked at my phone a couple of times, nothing, busy talking to a colleague and lo and behold, all the dates popped up for the next three months.

Entered my details with credit card - took all of a couple of minutes. I think once you click on your desired date you get about ten minutes to complete the reservation.

Back