Food or restaraunt you have always wanted to try

Osteria Francescana in Modena, arguably the best restaurant in the world.

Tried in vain to get a reservation 6 months before going to Italy but didn't manage it.

Instead ate another Michelin star place a few doors down from there called L'Erba del Re.

Gutted.

Went there yesterday for lunch and it was nothing short of magic. Thought it would be the sort of place I would say: “pleased to have been but would probably not go back.” I’d go back in a heartbeat. Great food, not at all stuffy, relaxed and a fantastic laugh. Couldn’t fault it at all. Plenty to drink but somehow can remember the whole day. Lovely town Modena too.

That sounds like Wagyu. The fat runs through the meat in a marbling / mottling sort of way.

I’ve only had Wagyu burger whixh was out of this world but plan to have a Wagyu steak soon.

There’s a farm in Northumberland that breeds Wagyu cattle. You can buy it in Fenwicks and at the butchers on Durham Road in Low Fell. I’m a bit dubious about it though. True Wagyu is from Japan.

I would go to Fenwicks. Have bought steaks from both you mentioned (although not Wagyu). The Low Fell butcher stuff was ok quality for high end cost.

The bacon was very good though.

Back